1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    av8tr - mattsim25 has some for sale.. PM him
  2. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Help!!!
    Bare with me I beg...
    Just finish My AMC controller (finally), was able to program it using the CRYSTAL18.HEX with ponyprog. Removed programing cable and switch 1 & 3 on. LCD displays : 127 127 445 445. Installed a 10k pot and I can change the values of the 3rd row of digits some how the 4th drifts almost like I Had a pot Too read in the forum this is common.
    While trying to test according to the video guide on how to connect to x-sim, Realize I have X-sim2 not the one in the Video.
    Is there a Guide for X-sim2?
    just for test, Uninstalled X-sim2 and Installed ver 1.8 followed Instructions as per Video 4. whith force sender connected to profiler, and I press start it says connected but on the LCD the first 2 row do not change no matter how much I move the sliders, stuck at 127 127.

Any help will be appreciated!!
    Thank you forum!
  3. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  4. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Once again reporting 2 issues,
    Particularly on my Board I notice while trying to Re-program my atmega with ponyprong it would give me again an error hardware not found or Device error-24.
    Re-seated crystal like had done before and no luck, Changed from 18mh crystal to 22mhz crystal and still no luck.

Decided to press reset switch just when ponyprog either read or write and suddenly ponyprong worked and was able to successfully re-program the atmega. In other words I was able to reprogram my atmega by pressing the reset switch when ponyprong was ready to write the program.

I was wondering if this might be part of my problem of not connecting through USO to my AVR.
    Like mention on the post Above I can not move the first 2 rows using the USO from X-sim.

Issue #2:
    Also while connection though Hyper terminal to change kp settings, it connects and even displays the welcome screen and tells me to input new value or the axis, BUT I can't Input anything no matter what I press , enter,space, numbers, anything. yest I made sure my number lock was pressed.
    In other words I can not Input anything..

Any light would be appreciated!
    Thank you forum!
  5. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Resolved first Issue!
    After further testing as per why I had to Press the reset switch to use ponyprog to re-program the atmega chip, Well it was my own Fault.
    Looking at the videos guides it never specifies to remove 3 jumpers from the board next to the 5 wire connectors (MOSI,MISO,SCK,RESET,GND)Lucky for me I stomped to this Manual:
    PonyProg 2000 guide for Avr motion controller. Here specifies the steps to use PonyProg, but some settings are different to the AMC_video_guides_parts1_to_4.

Removed all 3 jumpers and Worked great, Installed new program and even led worked as it should!

Sadly Issue #2 was not resolved.
    I can connect to hyper-terminal and board, It gives me the option to new y axis!
    But I can not input anything, Numbers,or letters.
    Also can not connect to USO on Xsim.

Anyone run Across this Issue?????
    I Installed an SIPEX SP232ACP.
    can it be the chip???? :sos:
  6. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Still researching.
    Here is another finding:
    On the serial data input port, after reading the data sheet for the max232 notice that it specifies to use 0.1μF Ceramic Capacitors instead of the 10 μF caps. At one point this caps where listed on the parts List for the AvR.
    I order the sp232acp-L IC and has the same cap requirement.as per datasheet.

Has anyone resolved this Issue?
  7. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Has Anyone been Able to Change the KP Settings on their AVR ?

If so, what or How you did it?
    What 232 IC you used and which diagram did you use?

Thanks in Advanced!
    Seems like I'm the only one here!..
  8. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow ! Finally read all 132 post Pages.
    Learned lots!
    Still have a question.
    if I buy an USB to Serial RS232 Adapter FTDI Chipset cable, can it be connected straight to the atmega8535 TX and RX lines bi-passing the circuitry on the AMC?
  9. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanos thank you for your reply and link!
    Any ideas why the circuitry would not work?
    Did you read my post about the max232 datasheet
    Requiring .1 uf caps instead of 10uf?
    Could this be a problem?
  11. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ordererd away the 3rd option mentioned above!
    Is there a diagram available??
    I see on the connector there is an RX,TX,RED, and Black.
    Any suggestions on hoe to connect stright to the 8535.

Thank you forum!
  12. xtech007

xtech007 Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @tronicgr:
    After Countless hours of testing and reading, Finally Success!!
    Now I can connect to hyper terminal with no problem, change kp settings and connect to Xsim2 and display the Values on the LCD.

Sir, Credit is Due to you!
    Well Designed Schematic , and Instructions. :clap:
    The Human Factor Played a Big Role here...
    On I/O port where both BC547 sits, I Soldered a push type connection to the board and on top the BC547. Although it sit snugged apparently was not making proper contact.
    Placed my finger and pressed on both transistors while trying to connect to hyper terminal and it worked!!
    same for Xsim2.

Bought another MaX232, FTDI usb kit and .1uf Caps to my spare parts they'll go!!
    tronicgr AVR brings all you really need, unless you don't have a Serial port on your Pc. Then you need the adapter.

Received all my parts from Newark for the H-bridge, will be soldering the rest of the night ! :yippiee:

Cheers, Hope this Helps to new Members who are starting to build! :cheers:
  13. kbssa

kbssa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Today I have started testing my simulator, but when the AMc is working with the game, after a few seconds it crashes and just works again if I stop the the force profiler, reset the AMC, and start the force profiler again, but after a few seconds it crashes again.

I have tried also with test plugin and the same problem.

anyone have any idea what might be?

Here a video of what happens.

http://youtu.be/eaEO_0UfWTE

http://youtu.be/n5KSK6vRrBU
  14. gzezelj

gzezelj Member

Balance:
    - 84Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can somebody explain me?
    I 'm using two wiper motors from Ford Sierra. They are exactly the same, I mean the whole code number on them is the same, but they are still turning very different. One motor I can rotate by hand very easy, and for the other one I need much more strength. That cause different rotation in game profile. The first motor starts to move first and turning quicker. But as they are warmer the difference is smaller. When the second motor are very warm I can rotate it by hand easily too. Has somebody an idea what can I do to the motors to works the same.

My simulator goran-s-simforcegt-powered-by-wiper-motors-from-serbia-t3560.html
  15. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    tell me first ... are they new ? so ,it seems that one of these motors has a fault in the bearing inside it when it warms up it expand the amount that free the axle of the motor to move freely ... replace or repair
  16. gzezelj

gzezelj Member

Balance:
    - 84Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, they are used, I bought it on a junkyard. What do you think which one has a fault? The motor which I can rotate easy by hand when it is cold, or other motor which is heavy to rotate by hand also on cold?
  17. kbssa

kbssa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, I'm having a problem with the AMC board

When I start testing the AMC with x-sim it goes ok, but a few seconds after the board crashes

I tried changing transistors, max 232 but nothing.

Can someone help me please ?!
  18. kbssa

kbssa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I put 300ms in output setup the board works longer, then crashes.

I don't know if the problem is with x-sim or with the board.
  19. kbssa

kbssa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nobody will help me ??

I'm almost doing another AMC board !
  20. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    hi gzezelj ...
    they are used, I bought it on a junkyard.... that is it !!!

you must repair or replace the one that is heavy rotating when it is clod ... so you have the same speed for both motors .