1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Landkrabba

Landkrabba Live 'n' Kickin'

Medical engineer
    Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, SimforceGT
    Ahh, I see! Thanks! :clap:
  2. banquer

banquer New Member

Balance:
    370Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Raceray, I rename com ports to one and try also with two.
    PonyProg do the calibration and the configuration test ok.
    When I click on Security and configuration bits, the dialog windows shows Reading security bits 0%), red led on the AMC flash on and after two secons a diaglo windows tell me Device missing or unknown device (-24)

Any ideas.
  3. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Did you check the cable? No other program is blocking the com port? Try it with Win XP, when you get the chance to do that.

You can also change in the system configuration or Bios the IO range. I assume that your com port is blocked by anything.
  4. banquer

banquer New Member

Balance:
    370Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Raceray.
    I test the cable. Testing under windows xp 32 bits. No ports blocked.
    I think one or two atmega fuses, are incorrectly saved.
  5. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

1. The difference is that JoyR setting applies to motor setups that each motor moves independent from the other like in Joyrider motion seat the each motor moves each frame. The SFGT (SimForceGT) is for combined motion of the motors placed behind a simple seat like most SCN5 motion seats do. Still there is an odd thing that you can observe, the motion mixing of the motors in SFGT setting is done inside the code of the AMC firmware so you still use the same profile as you normal use for independent motion for JoyR setups.

2. The KP setting tells to the AMC firmware some information about your motors or motor placement as regards how fast will react to motion changes or how little will be graduate decreasing of its speed before it reaches the destination position. Beware that high KP settings may results of undesirable bouncing of the motor forth and back trying to lock on the desired destination position. That can be more bad if you have poor feedback position sensors (potentiometers).

Thanks,
    Thanos
  6. Robbi81

Robbi81 Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey banquer, i have the same problem,
    no read and write, i need help,
    once it had works to read the security and configuration bits, than i would write, abort!
    now i can´t read anymore and im confused.

please help, is it possible to reset the atmega?
  7. banquer

banquer New Member

Balance:
    370Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    An electronic engineer friend, tell me that to revive the atmega, it's necesary to have a especial circuit and write in parallel mode.
    I'd sended the atmega to his home to revive mine.
    I haven't more info.
    Regards.
  8. Robbi81

Robbi81 Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    atmega works, i have buy a new one, (100 km to drive)
    it works, but realy slow, to write the flash in 2 hours.
    why that? is the usb to serial adapter wrong? or too slow.
    now i have a problem with the contrast at the lcd display,
    how can i fix it??

greets
  9. GruntyPig

GruntyPig New Member Gold Contributor

Ice Cream QC Engineer
    Balance:
    - 121Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Just like to say a big thank you, especially to Thanos, and everyone that's contributed to this forum. I just finished my joyrider and been testing it with Race07. I'm having a great time!!!

Thanks again.
  10. julianosom2009

julianosom2009 Juliano_Br

comerciante.
    Balance:
    259Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Joyrider, SimforceGT
    hello guys!
    I am Brazilian due to little information about motion simulation in Brazil researched and found this wonderful forum, I'm riding a simulator based on the design of our friend Thanos, with windshield wiper motors, if possible would like more details, here in Brazil has very little information, thank you very much for the information to Thanos
  11. TheFarge

TheFarge New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Need a little help. I finished etching the boards and was wondering if anyone has the excellon / gerber files for AVR 1.5b and Dual Mosfet H-Bridge 1.2?

Thanks
    Ryan
  12. robervalllll

robervalllll New Member

Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello Thanos, Frakk and all of the forum, I finished my plate AMC 1.5 and is working perfectly with the H-bridge, I tested with x-sim and also the two boards running smoothly, reversed the engine faster. very good board AMC 1.5, very versatile with many possibilities and variables to control. My question is this would turn it into a variable frequency drive, I've been reading the forum that you can use an amplifier to generate 0 - 10v it ok, but I'm unsure about the connection I made a little diagram I wonder if it's just so I have to call?. the feedback potentiometers are still the same right? the AMC card signals are used or only 00-10 volts can coontrolar the drive? and to make the reverse direction? good I hope someone can help me, already grateful for the wonderful forum with people of great ability.
    [img600px]http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=80&image_id=294[/img600px]
    gallery/image.php?album_id=80&image_id=294
  13. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good job!

I cannot comment on the whole frequency inverter setup. I didn't design the PWM-to-Analog circuit, neither I worked with those AC motor drivers. In theory it shouldn't be a complicated task if you know what you are doing.
  14. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think I made my self clear of what you can do to have analog output on the AMC here:
    tronic-s-amc-motor-motion-controller-with-pwm-servo-output-t559-620.html#p14488

The problem is that since I don't have access to such VFD controllers and motors I cant test myself the following things:

1. If these VFD controllers have setting for reversing with potentiometer (analog input) in a way that if: the input voltage is 5V the motor STOPS, the input voltage is 0V turns full speed RIGHT, the voltage is 10V turns LEFT full speed.

2. How you reverse the motor on these VFD that has only analog input 0V-10V for speed control? Using a button? Is this button also available as input connection? Direction is set for RIGHT if this button is PRESSED and is set to LEFT if the button is DEPRESSED???

If I knew these information I could alter the AMC firmware to drive them correctly with the analog output circuit.

Take in mind that even simple h-bridges (like DSMhb1.2) uses, except PWM for speed, digital inputs that tells the hbridge the direction that they need to switch the PWM signal in order to reverse the motor!!

If you can answer me these questions I could sent you a corrected AMC firmware.

Regards,
    Thanos
  15. robervalllll

robervalllll New Member

Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanos Hello thank you for your attention, good going there to answer the
    issues with respect to item number one, you can reverse via VFD
    pot found a video on youtube that shows the reversal of
    direction by using a potentiometer. see the video is on youtube sorry
    language of Brazil, the more I see of 4:00 min onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Vw-Vyabq8

I think that might be possible to program the VFD to right 0v, 5v stopped, and left 10v, my doubt is the potentiometer will still work right? it just cancels the voltage?

good going to another interesting question VFD works with voltages from -10 ... 0 ... +10 v which means that -10 will go right to 0, +10 go left, if it work really well would not be possible use the H-bridge to control the VFD? eg it does not change the final output of -12, 0, +12 V? similar to the entrance of the VFD serial simplified somewhat without changing the firmware of it, most just do not know if the PWM signal intefere in something, or if you need some circuit to filter the PWM signal, the ignorance excuse me if I'm speaking as a layman.

[​IMG]
    gallery/image.php?album_id=80&image_id=295
  16. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    its not possible to connect a variable frequency like your diagram
    you need an adaptator to transform analog in output your card to your variable frequency

with thanos card or with velleman card you need to transform PWM to analog ( its ok with your litle card) but you need to adapt the rotation sens motor like this:

in output thanos or velleman:
    you have:
    -100% .......0......+100%
    exemple:
    in the range -100% ........0 you have speed and rotation sens to adape for your vatiable frequency you need :
    0........10V and sens rotation to the negative sens
    you need a card adaptator to transform -100%.......0 to 0...10V+2 digital output to drive the sens rotation in your variable frequency.

i make a electronic card to adapt velleman or thanos card but it's not finich.

look my last diagram in my post
  17. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    change the firmware is not a solution, because speed and rotation need 2 separate connection.
    the speed with analog 0...10V
    and rotation sens with 2 digital output.

with PWM you have speed and sens rotation in the same cable....

you need a card to adapt
  18. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, that little circuit on the diagram does indeed the half work. You need also to level up the 2 direction control signals from 5v to 12v (or 24v on some VFD controllers). This can be done using a simple transistor and the 12V from the VFD. Will try to make a simple diagram of the necessary connections...

Connecting a VFD on AMC like that, needs no modification of the AMC firmware and the only thing that must be done is to disable the PID algorithms (if any) on the VFD controller, since all the positioning will be done by the AMC with potentiometers or Hall effect ratiometric sensors.

Riton, what VFD controller you are using that supports these inputs (ANALOG IN for speed, and 2x DIGITAL IN for direction)?? Model no???

Thanos
  19. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I would use a dual op-amp stage (741 or similar) after a low pass filter on the PWM signals. First op-amp as a buffer with a gain of 1, second one can have gain of 2 to step it up to 10V or whatever voltage. You could only use transistors to amplify the digital PWM pulses, once you go analog after the filter, there will be a lot of error and non-linearity involved.

With a dual supply the same circuit can be configured to work with -10V...0V..+10V.
  20. robervalllll

robervalllll New Member

Balance:
    42Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    more for example, the PDF manuals that saw the VFD not found any option that I could connect the analog signal 0 - 10v and the digital signal at the same time, because there would be easier to control the analog and digital signal speed would change direction, there was solved the problem.

my friend called to plant VFD www.weg.com and talked to the engineer, and he will give the answer in the evening if it is possible to configure the VFD (0v to turn right, stop motor 5v and 10v motor turns to left) here with the change in the firmware and additional circuitry for signal amplification of Thanos would be resolved this issue.

Another option without changing the firmware and I think it would be simpler to use the h-bridge to the exit (-10 ... 0 ... +10) only know that the signal coming out is a signal PWM, serial very complicated transform into an analog signal? as I said I am speaking as a layman.

because there would be so handy right? see the following situation where the h-bridge is stopped = 0v not send anything to the drive when it goes gradually increasing the voltage to +10 v VFD believes that the three-phase motor will rotate towards the left in proportion to applied voltage, the more that you can Configure +10 v = 60Hz, and-10V =-60hz right direction or counterclockwise, and 0 = 00Hz volt motor stop, I think is very similar to using a DC motor with the difference of using the VFD.

or another situation that I do not know how it works because I know I'm terrible at electronics mount through the use of diagrams, most do not know how to create layouts etc.. the output of the AMC interface similar to a 1.5-m bridge, the only difference would be the analogue output (-10 ... 0 ... +10 V).

If I said something wrong please Riton, Thanos, Fraakk and staff of the forum correct me, I'm here to give ideas and help the community forum.