1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. I received my pcb boards and after putting it together, I get the infamous -device not found error. I tried with and without Erichs .ini file modification. I tried the 24Mhz, 18..., 14.xx crystals, I tried with and without the 22pf caps. Im running a straight serial cable not usb (pins verified, not null modem), Windows xp on the only serial comport that I have. Tried at several different baud rates. Green leds on and red flashes when trying to read or write but still get error. Followed Thanos ponyprog guide1.1 . Three jumpers removed and 4 cable bridge.

LCD lights up and has blocks ready for prog. but no avail. Ponyprog calibrates and setup API and I/O both test OK. I seem to hav communication but wont read or write. I tried both Atmega8535 and Atmega644. Neither of them read or write. I even tried A USB to serial converter. Nothing.

Any suggestions appreciated! :clap:

Similar problem to Freds but changing chips didnt solve it.

Oh and in the photos, you can see the jumper is missing by the AVR. The board came with those holes undrilled so I jumped it from underneath. The jumper is there but not visible in photos.

Thank you all and especially Thanos for his excellent work! This is obviously a mistake on my part.

Attached Files:

2. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I forgot to mention. Im using a 7.5 v 900mah power supply. And the red LED does flash while its trying to read or write.
  3. pitulo

pitulo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone.
    I managed to set the kp in hyperterminal, remove the crystal and I put the 24, 14. But loading the force profiler, configure the serial port and all that comes in the video for Thanos still can not move the two numbers on the left of the LCD, when I move the sliders. Thanks
  4. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. 914tom

914tom Member

Balance:
    - 30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. 914tom

914tom Member

Balance:
    - 30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi pitulo,

can't you solve yout problem ?

TOM
  7. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanos!!!

Happy Birthday Thanos!!!:)

Wishing you the waterfall of great engineer ideas... and infinity of free time to implement anything you want!! :)
    BTW the waterfall is also infinite :D
    Thank you for all your hard work!!!
    We appreciate it a lot!!!!! Happy birthday!!!!
  8. pitulo

pitulo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have not the same problems, I managed to set up the kp, but no movement on the LCD (128 128) whatever I do not moves. I will try the x-sim 2.0 and the use of Thanos, with version 1.8 does not work. everything else ok.
  9. moj9999

moj9999 New Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi
    i have problem with reading data from 8535 when try to programming the red light blink but error comes on missing or unknown device ? please help me
  10. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is first time you are trying to program 8535 ?
    Did you try to set some fuses?

If both answers are NO, try different lower crystal
  11. moj9999

moj9999 New Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes this is my first time on programming 8535 and my first experience in motion simulator please help me thanks i use 24 crystal and try to read from 8535 red light blink but error (device missing or unknown device -24) i try with 12mhz but nothing changed
  12. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    did you connect all cables? look at this picture:
    download/file.php?id=4524&mode=view/IMG_0113_1_1_1.JPG

if yes, try without crystal at all.
    Triple check your circuit.
    then, if you can, try another avr.

Are you using real COM port? or USB-COM?
    Are you following Thanos video tutorial?
  13. moj9999

moj9999 New Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes
    i try without crystal but nothing changed and i use com port and i follow step by step thanos video but error comes
    thanks
  14. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you are using Null modem cable ??
    You should use serial cable.
    Can you give us photo of your AMC from both sides?
    Before reading of programming, did you try to read fuses?
    If you can read fuses don't change them just tell us which fuses are marked
  15. GoFast124

GoFast124 New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do the servo outputs on tronicgr's AMC work at all with version 1.0 firmware?
    I would like to use s similar setup as the HB-25 and also test with rc servos
    thanks
  16. moj9999

moj9999 New Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i try to read fuses but error comes
    do it need any driver?
    sorry i have problem with uploading pic as soon as possible i give you a picture thank you
  17. moj9999

moj9999 New Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i try to read fuses but error comes
    do it need any driver?
    sorry i have problem with uploading pic as soon as possible i give you a picture thank you
  18. moj9999

moj9999 New Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  19. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    There are a lot of causes of the Device not found error. All it basically means is that PonyProg cannot connect to your microcontroller.

Some sources of errors:
    Hardware related - wrong/missing connections, faulty parts, wrong polarity and so on.
    Software related - communication port error, wrong ponyprog settings and so on.

I recommend you to read through this thread, about 70% of the posts are about these errors and possible solutions.
  20. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It can be frustrating. Assuming your port tests are Passing in API and I/O. If the test doesnt pass in BOTH it will not read fuses. You will not be able to read fuses without a crystal installed either. Use a multimeter to check continuity between db9 connector pins all the way to the Atmega pins. That is how I found my problem. Its usually the soldering it seems. Also make sure your cable is a true extension and not a null modem or serial jumper. This was my personal experience. Hope it helps.

mario