1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Now you need the actual game data. Start the Force Sender, load the plugin, start game. There is a Test Plugin in the list also, a bunch of slider where you can simulate in game forces. You should see all the proper axis in your Input section and change when you move sliders. You will probably have to add these, or modify your axis in the Math tab.

Your DC motor should work fine for testing. You can also test by turning the feedback potentiometers. The speed of the motor should be proportional to the pot position compared to your setpoint (sliders in Force Sender, game data).
  2. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!!
    Im soldering now cable to connect AMC and DSMhb!
    Will report status later!:)
  3. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know how long it typically takes Heinz to make and ship out PCB's? I have been waiting for a while and I dont want to disturb him by asking. Figure I would get some feedback here first. Thank you
  4. pitulo

pitulo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hola a todos, he construido una placa amc 1.5 tengo un problema no puedo configurar en el terminal el kp. he probado en el force profiler y no se mueven los numeros del LCD al deslizar la X y la Y. He seguido el video de thanos pero le he dado mil vueltas ya. una ayuda por favor.

google translator:
    hello all, I built a plate amc 1.5 I have a problem I can not configure in the terminal kp. I tested on the force profiler and do not move the LCD by sliding numbers X and Y. I followed the video but I gave thanos thousand times already. Please aid.
  5. momo194

momo194 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I exactly have the pitulo's problem, all the other stuffs are ok !
    Could someone help us ?

Thanks
  6. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I had that problem too, when trying to set up the Kp values in Hyperterminal, I couldn't send the value to the controller, but the welcome text appeared.

This is from the manual Thanos wrote:

The steps to start and use the Windows HyperTerminal are:
    1. Open HyperTerminal.
    2. Enter a name for the terminal window (I called it “AVR”)
    3. Select the COM port you are using
    4. Set the bits per second as 115200 and Flow Control to “None”
    5. From Menu, select View, Font, and increase the system font to size 12.
    6. Now set the DIP2 switch to ON position and power-on the AMC1.5 board.

My problem was fixed by setting the Flow Control to None. If you already have the connection, make sure you are not connected, then change this and save the connection.

Now every time I try to send data to the controller with the Profiler, it keeps resetting and acts weird. Anyone with this problem? :D
  7. willynovi

willynovi Member

Balance:
    354Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Frakk, I have no the solution, but, do you use a serial monitor software, it helps to debug any problem.
  8. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't really matter what the USO is sending, at worse, the position data should just not update, or have some weird numbers. In my case, as soon as I start sending data the, LCD starts flickering and the controller restarts randomly. I will try only connecting the RX line, but the uC is not transmitting anything, so I predict no change.
  9. pitulo

pitulo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the hyperterminal does not give the welcome text, I followed the detailed steps of thanos. In the LCD all the changes appear, but I can not set the Kp and connect with profiler and force him to start move the slider as shown in the explanatory video and does not move the values of 128 128. Another problem I noticed is that the values of the potentiometers are always up and down without stopping.
  10. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    By how much does your value move? +- 1-2? That is normal.

Your problem is in the hardware, the controller is not communicating with the PC. Make sure you connect your TX wire, proper jumpers, and also check your circuit for physical faults. Check your hyper terminal and set it up properly. Other than that I don't know what else to do, I am having problems with it too.
  11. erichans

erichans New Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. Lord_LuQ

Lord_LuQ New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,

Finally I get to the end of this topic and now I think I can start build my own AMC. I'm not so good with electronic stuff but will engage my good friend to this project. Very very BIG thanx for Thanos you're my GURU - all the best for you! After fallowing this project now I know that was hard hard work. Today I'm going to order all parts by web but I can count it as my first day of project. I hope I will get some info/clues when I stuck somewhere. Ones again big thanx for Thanos and other guys involved to this project as: egoexpress, Raceray, Jeroen, Ferrari_Man, EvanF, RoVoR, jackel5252 (sorry if i missed someone).

Will update you when my PCB will be ready! All the Best and hello from Poland!
  13. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Lord_LuQ, not many appreciate the hard work on this project so far!! But the benefits from it are available for free to everybody, as you can see!

I hope I can continue this awesome project one day and bring it to its limits.

Thanos
  14. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos!
    All of us appreciate you!!! All my friends that I share the progress of my sim building knows you name!:)
    I hope in nearly future I will show my finished joyrider!
  15. momo194

momo194 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

My Kp setting problem is now over: the 2 switch from DIP-switch seems to be out of order. So I connected the first and the sixth pin (starting from the top) from the right 5-wires clip base (the right one). Doing this, everything came into order and now I'm able to set both KP-X,Y into HyperTerminal or Putty !.

My FlightSimulator is a wooden made, and only one motion (roll) is made. Pictures Soon !
    Thanks again !

Momo from Belgium
  16. pitulo

pitulo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello all, I followed all the steps to set up hyperterminal and Kp in the putty, but the information I give is incorrect. on the LCD screen all ok, but I can not connect to the PC. I'm working with 24 Mhz crystal, would be that a problem?
    momo. I do not understand what you mean, a picture or something similar could upload thank you very much.
    a1copia.jpg
    a2copia.jpg
    a3copia.jpg
    a5copia.jpg
  17. erichans

erichans New Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Pitulo,
    I had lots problems here as well!! Please see Page 38 (you need to change the value of one resistor on the AMC Board) & Page 32 of this thread which has some info on problems with crystals. Thanos was kind enough to post the info I sent him. My board would not run at 24 MHz at all and was unstable at 22.1184 MHz. It was perfect at 18.432Mhz. It makes sense, esp. if you have a lower value crystal on hand to try this to get things stable. Of course it means reprogramming using Thanos' appropriate firmware for your crystal. Best of luck!

Regards, Erich.
  18. momo194

momo194 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos,

Today I tested the H-bridge with 24V motor(normally 12V, but perfectly working at 24V) and MOS instanstly burned (Supply: 12-24DC car's battery charger)! The H-bridge is perfectly working @12V with the same supply.

Could you help ?

Thanks

Maurice.
  19. moj9999

moj9999 New Member

Balance:
    272Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi can i use other than irf4905.
    thanks.
  20. 914tom

914tom Member

Balance:
    - 30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i had the same problem.
    switching to 18.432MHz an reprogram with the right software solved my problem.
    TOM