1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller with pwm/servo output

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by tronicgr, Aug 30, 2007.

1. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thanks

IT WOKS!!!!!!!!
    Thanks you you are a genius!!!!
  2. blackday

blackday New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,
    I'm french and i decided to build my own simulator using wiper motors (120 kg/cm2) thanks to thanos card :
    http://tmcin.com/index.asp?PageAction=V ... &ProdID=38
    http://www.notikia.com/fr/essuie-glace- ... tanche-tmc

I have all the parts to make the cards : avr 1.5 and Dsmhb 1.2. Can i using miniatur ceramic capacitor 18pf 100v (http://www1.produktinfo.conrad.com/date ... nsator.pdf) with crystal 24mhz ?

I have also lcd with controller ks0066 (http://www1.produktinfo.conrad.com/date ... S_16X2.pdf). That's right ?

Thanks for your help
  3. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF

I´m building the same!
    That Marine Wiper Motors seems to be ok, I´ll considered when I buy it...

The capacitor is Ok, you may use ceramic or, disc capacitors.
    Maybe is better 22Mhz cristalls. With 24 Mhz cristalls the atmega has some issues,,, you may try...

The LCd got to be Hitachi 44780 compatible (paralell),.

I don´t know if Ks0066 is compatible. But the pinout seems to be the same! It must works... :hi:

Good luck!!
  4. blackday

blackday New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thx for your answer ne02005 and good luck too.

The motor isn't isoled mass. that's a difficulty for me. I don't know if I am able to change.

The miniature capacitor is ceramic but i think to buy ceramic disc capacitor 18pf 100v to use crystal 24mhz : http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... =1428PH-ND

Perhaps i must buy another LCD with controler HD44780 ? http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... 3-00006-ND
    Datasheet : http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downl ... x16par.pdf

What are the features for supplying avr 1.5 ? I own a power supply :
    the first : input 230v~50hz / output 12v~1200mA 14.4VA
    the second : input 230v~50hz, 0.2A / output 16v 0.9A

Sorry i have difficulties to understand a electronic.
  5. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    6 or 9 volts are better!, with 12v the heatsink coud be very hot, will regulate from 12v to 5v!!!

What for is the second power supply you mentioned?

regards
  6. blackday

blackday New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can not remember the usefulness of the second power supply.
    Perhaps i used to recharge the mobile phone.

Ok i must find a power supply with an output voltage of 6 or 9 volt. the amperage should be between 670ma and 2500mA ?
  7. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    It´s ok, 1 A just fine
  8. blackday

blackday New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  9. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hey Thanos, How is the story about servo outputs? How is the output? is a voltage variation? May I dissasembly a voltimeter and use the internal needle for rpm?
  10. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    @ all,

I`m finally ready to start building AMC and DSMhb!
    I`ve read all post about Thanos`s great work, and off course all posts explaining various issues that other simmers encountered. I fully understand this concept and I`m getting into building both PCBs.

I will use two standard WW motors and customize my existing sim chair into SimforceGT like motion simulator.
    For ones interested, you can look my rig built not long ago. Page is written in Serbian, but pictures tell more than words :)
    http://sites.google.com/site/igorfermevc/

I`m planning to use Thanos`s DSMhb, cause I can`t acquire no commercial motor driver. I want to use design with connectors for MOSFETs, cause I think it`s better for maintenance.

I need to ask just one thing and hope that many of you can answer,
    please point me to the right pdf for PCB layout for AMC and DSMhb, there were so many upgrades so I`m not sure if OP contains latest info. Another thing is final part list and which micro-controller to use. Links to relevant files or posts are enough.

Thanks in advance and BR, Igor

Attached Files:

11. momo194

momo194 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Thanos !

Now my main board and H-bridge are working(with the test suggested on the wiki)
    Now my question is Is it a way to move de motor for-and-backward) controlled by the PC and without de potentiometers(I got only 2 10K linear pot, and they stay fixed to 1023 until I turn on the on-board pot, I can only get 700-750 on the LCD screen, and I thing they have to reach a value near 128, is it true ?). By using the PC, first 2 numbers(initially 128) are raising and decreasing from 0 to 255.

Thanks again from Belgium.

Momo.
  12. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its correct... Proper operation is to mount the potentiometers into the motor's motion path (or rotation axle) so it gives back the position feedback to the AMC... Then the positions you send from pc (0-255) will be positions of the motor (0-1023)... Yes, the AMC handles 10-bit positioning inside it!!

You need to setup the feedback potentiometers correctly other wise the motor will keep rotating and not stop into the demanded position.

Thanos
  13. momo194

momo194 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks !
    So If I fully understand, with a 90° pot(or any other pot with reduction) I have to move from 0° = 0 to 90°=1023, for each motor on the LCD screen (with the middle-position for the pot at 511 corresponding to 128 for data-input)?
    A second question: what is the use of the jumpers with the white circles on this picture(what happens if I dont put them ?):

[​IMG]

Thanks again.

Momo.
  14. maiso

maiso New Member

Balance:
    19Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello my name is Mariano, I'm from Argentina and I'm starting to build my motion. I built the AMC board 1.5. I use an Atmega 644 and a crystal of 24MHZ. I program it with the ponyprog.

My problem is that i don't know how i try it . I do not have the components to build the h-bridge, or the lcd.
    I wonder if you can help test the board, I have servos. I understand the x-sim program.

Sorry about my English, i use google translator
    Mariano
  15. jimiTES

jimiTES New Member

Balance:
    - 45Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have finished my AMC board. And i have problems doing it working.

I follow the video guides and i found these problems:

-Nothing happends on the LCD, it doesn´t even light up
    -When i reach the Ponyprog stage where you have to config the Security and configuration Bits, it fails. Both green led light up when i plug it, the red led flashes when Pony Prog tries to read from ATmega8535 16PU, but i get an error Device missing or unknown device -24.

I tried with 24Mhz-18pF and 18Mhz and 22pF but nothing...

What can i do?

Edit: this morning i got LCD working (the line of black squares was displayed), but now it´s not working again. How can i check if LCD is damaged?. Any test circuit?.

Thanks
  16. T4zt00n-Fr

T4zt00n-Fr New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos, hi all,

thanks a lot again for all you do.

I have finished my boards. Ponyprog ok, LCD ok, but i can't connect on it with hyperterminal.
    I use the Atmega644 with a 22,1184MHz crystal.
    I test with the Atmega 8535 and the same crystal, but it's the same problem.
    I verify the card, and all seems ok.
    I use windows XP, so no problem with hyperterminal.
    I test with another computer ...

I don't know why i can't connect on it ...

I see in another post (http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/tom...wipermotors-t1456-50.html?hilit=hyperterminal) that it could be the capacitator.

Can you help me ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I use this PCB :

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot

T4zt00n
  17. T4zt00n-Fr

T4zt00n-Fr New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I tested my serial cable and it is ok, I tested on a third computer, I changed the MAX232N and i have the same problem ...
    I don't understand why I can't connect on it with hyperterminal ...

Information for all : when i connect my LCD the first time, i couldn't see anything on the screen ... I thinked the LCD wasn't good, but in fact, it was a contrast problem. So I tested with a resistance between the contrast adjustement and the PCB, and now it's work.
    For test, you can make a stripe with a cutter and sketch with a carbon pencil at this contact :

[​IMG]

For my LCD (WH1602B) i need to use a 6k.

Mariano,

could you use hyperterminal ? if you can, i think your card is ok.
    So look the Thanos video guide for test with X-sim.

Regards
  18. T4zt00n-Fr

T4zt00n-Fr New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

good news for me, we has find why it doesn't work !!! just a bad soldering ...

now it's ok and I will can test with X-sim.

Best regards

T4zt00n
  19. T4zt00n-Fr

T4zt00n-Fr New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot Thanos, it's just MAGIC !!! :clap:
    I use an Atmega644 with a 24Mhz crystal and it's ok with X-Sim.

Now I will test the DSMhb and let's go to finalyse my motion seat 8)

T4zt00n
  20. lotada

lotada New Member

coffe Roaster
    Balance:
    248Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello to all after few months i write a bad news about my Joyrider. ihave no time to end it anf i cant find the good motors for it.. So i want ask somebody is able to give an actuators instead of wipper motors? are then any changes in software?on acm board? or i only connect actuators. which actuator a ihave to buy?which speed,torque NM and movement 350mm/s? i founded simcraft movies itislike Thanos joyrider isee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVSkn62QwaU&NR=1

SO have a nice days in building

BY Míla Czech