1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Trip's G-seat project (primarily for flight)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Trip Rodriguez, Nov 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    4,310Coins
    Ratings:
    +303 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I generally agree, but I've always got entrepreneurial aspirations floating around in the back of my head no matter what I'm working on. =D
  2. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Balance:
    27,406Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,769 / 33 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Don't get me wrong, even with a full time job, I have had side business for as long as I can remember, with some of them doing very well (predominately software). Unfortunately I would not rate simulation equipment in that group.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  3. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,335Coins
    Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Cool project you got here! Looking forward to seeing some of the end results when it goes into production. Ive been toying with the G vest myself and do have a plan for a G head system. As a compromise for quickly getting in and out of my rig im using my harness to simulate the Gs ands actually quite convincing with the wide belt. Like you i want 9g to hurt lol! I plan to add some extra straps going across my mid chest and perhaps an air system for the belly. Ive been testing the latter a bit and it aint bad. It also feels safer as the harness can produce so much torque it literally rips itself out of the attachment points.

Another thing If it was not for racing i could actually give up my flaps due to the pressure of the harness pulling me down. I also have a back sway system which is also quite convincing when slamming the stick left and right. I dont have much of a sway on my my 3x SFX for fear of tipping over. It has happened haha. Its much better to have that in the seat itself.

All of you guys give a lot of ideas and inspiration so i cant wait to see what you do next.