1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Transtechnick SMB823003 servo for 6DOF motion platform?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by FoxONe42, May 12, 2019.

1. FoxONe42

FoxONe42 6DOF newbie

Flight simulator engineer
    Balance:
    100Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi all,
    I have been looking into the build of a 6DOF motion platform for quite a long time but I am stuck with the choice of motor to use for the build. Obviously it is an important decision given the investiment, I don't want to make a mistake, thus my question here.
    In the company I work for, they are using the following servo motor for different applications:
    Transtechnick SMB823003
    Link to the PDF doc (in french only)
    http://www.etranstechnik.fr/doc/pdf/rotatif_servomoteurs_SMB.pdf

The nominal torque is 2.7 Nm, 3000 nominal rpm and 2.8 A (power supply is 230 V). Max torque is 9 Nm
    I was wondering if these caracterisics are suitable for carry the weight of roughly 200 kg (including platform and payload). I am planning on using them along with a planetary gearbox with a reduction ratio of say 40 or 50 and a lever arm of 140 to 160 mm.

Thanks in advance
  2. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,540Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    With a i-50 gearbox and 140mm lever you have 86,5kg force @ nominal torque (calculated with 90%gearbox eff.)
    It,s a bit on the low site with 200kg load.
    Look how much torque youre gearbox maximal can handle, most nema 32/34 planetaary gearboxes can handle 160nm max, and 50x 2,7 nm=