1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

thruxim from Ckas ???????? any good

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by karter34, Sep 29, 2011.

1. karter34

karter34 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi I was looking at purchasing one of these , though there is little review on it , the quality seems good as well as the pitch .
    about 8500euro
    does any one have any thoughts or owns one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOzyqhhKTrY

thanks

KTr
  2. karter34

karter34 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my mistake , about 5000 euro
  3. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,540Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    When it,s only for racing.
    You could also look @ simxperience (frex clone)
    There are many happy users here!
    regards
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The simexperience can use profiles shared here as well. Something else to consider.
  5. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    for the price ya get a clumberson sim that lags to the screen motion and have to pay for profiles.
    His a prick.
    Been on machines here in Australia, and the racing crap, compared to my jrk model, but in turn nice fluid motion for flight. They are really for flight not racing. Plus they are way over priced. only about 1500 in control and motors.

Ya could build one ya self and run xsim on it, he says they are x-sim compatable but when i saw one running x-sim it was shit.
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I was going to suggest building your own, like the rest of us. As eaorobbie says, he has tried them and the jrk , wiper - winch motors provide better motion for considerably less cost.
  7. DRC

DRC New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys. I actually have a thruxim for about 2 months, and i reckon is very good. I use it for rFactor at moment, and the unit comes with info on how to interface with X-Sim or other systems. Also, ckas guys have been good to deal with (so far).

Mine is very fast response - maybe eaorobbie tried a prototype or wrong setup parameters or something? all heavy steel construction (weighs like 100kg! - get the wheel kit) and hits pretty hard. Will interface to Dirt2 with X-Sim next :D
  8. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    sorry but the systems lame.
    SimWorld here in perth has 9, they are really just an arcade machine, thats way too expensive for what it is.
    You can build a scn5 sim for 1/2 the price and goes so much better its not worth arguing about.
    mmmmmm 1 post mmmm you from ckas. Plus do they have permission to provide x sim for there commercial machine. Plus do they charge for the software.

just to add the actuators (3phase motors) are place in a way thats it only suited for flight, sorry. :thbd:
  9. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    sorry but the systems lame.
    SimWorld here in perth has 9, they are really just an arcade machine, thats way too expensive for what it is.
    You can build a scn5 sim for 1/2 the price and goes so much better its not worth arguing about.
    mmmmmm 1 post mmmm you from ckas. Plus do they have permission to provide x sim for there commercial machine. Plus do they charge for the software.

just to add the actuators (3phase motors) are place in a way thats it only suited for flight, sorry. :thbd:
  10. DRC

DRC New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually i'm a noob to x-sim forum, was looking for info about interfacing thruxim and saw this post - thought I would add to the conversation since I actually own one :) .

dunno about rights to use x-sim? thruxim didn't come with it though. I assume I can use x-sim... It has a serial port you can talk to it with programs like that.

I personally think it was good value for me, so i just wanted to give my opinion and see if anyone else has already got it working with x-sim on the forum threads.
  11. karter34

karter34 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK , I have ordered one , 1 cause I think it seems easy and a good platform to work from , looking at the youtube model , seems to react prtty good , also the pedals , wheel and screen move altogeather , which seems unique.
    its a plug in thing and I am hopeful it gives good feed back and enough jolt to feels realistic.
    Thats paired with Leo bodnar wheel , CST pedals and there new gear shifts and upgraded sparco seats 24 inch monitors , I hope this all goes good
  12. karter34

karter34 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    also the computer is meant to be pretty good too
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good luck with it, I hope it is successful for you.
    :cheers:
  14. karter34

karter34 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think it should be 1000% better than this shitty rig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUEjpD00JRY :)
  15. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    get a life :thbd:
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    karter34 , if you can afford a ckas, then feel free to buy it. However, you did ask for an opinion and you got it.
    Eaorobbie has a LOT of programming and sim build and design experience, including being asked by ckas to help design and service their machines , well , more like steal information from him. That and he has helped quite a few builders on this forum to get their rigs going, myself included.
    Also, our rigs may look crappy, but serve a very good purpose for what we have built.
    Careful what you say about peoples rigs, they are special to the owner.
  17. karter34

karter34 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes fair call .
    I am investing a bit , and to think I am getting advise of a bloke who has a sim like that amuses me.
    I really can not see any lag what so ever in this sytem , and I also cant see a better value option on the market ,
    I really wanted the whole rig to move not just a wiggle seat.
    So show me a rig that shows better value and give the same of better movement for the money and I ould be happy to buy it ,
    Apologies If I have offended.
  18. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I will be the first to say that I am not familiar with other sims on the market.
    I only know of these two via google search
    http://www.simworx.com.au/motion_system_simulation.html
    http://www.racecentre.com/full-motion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3P2gyaO0us this one from simworx looks ok.
    http://www.xhilarate.com.au/xrs_home.html are in Newcastle.
    Usually a sim should move in the order of about 15-20 deg of angle, to represent a real car motion. For example, with the exception of a drag car, whens the last time you saw a car lift what feels like 200mm of lift under a take off. Hence a smaller joltier motion to represent take off. Same with braking. Body roll can be varied depending on the vehicle in the race. Monster trucks - BIG roll, rally cars - short solid roll motion - open wheelers, stiff and bumpy.
    Then again, thats where you set the motion to suit yourself.
    Also, the writers of this forum offer their software free, which is a good deal. They created the site and program specifically for people to build their own units and have the freedom to share and adjust their own builds.
    I am curious, this advise you are getting, what sort of sim does he have?
    Cheers, David.
  19. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    just to add one note ya picked on my first sim build nearly 2 years ago using cheap wipers, with a total cost of 400 dollars mate, it is a proto to prove to myself that i could build one, since then i have progessed to stronger motors and boxes, projector and still havent spent over $1000, so to me value for money. If ya want to build a unit ya self and save about 4000 dollars and get a state of the art robotic system buy scn5 actuators for about 600 each and ya will have a professional system that beats the hell out of the ckas.
    • Like Like x 1