1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom Thrustmaster T500RS Motor Upgrade 65W to 85W - SUCCESS 01/23/16

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Pit, Dec 14, 2015.

?

Would you upgrade your T500RS and risk to void the guarantee in case of a successfully upgrade?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    82.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. MegamanAT

MegamanAT New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    Does anyone know where to get a good price for the stronger motor in the EU? I could only find one offer for about 180€.
  2. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    hard to find them, I had to wait 5 weeks due to duration fabrication issues. Just replacing the motor bewares all other staff as standard, if you will find a (n other) stronger motor you have to replace more things like PSU, motor driver etc. which makes the effort senseless and way too complicated.
  3. MegamanAT

MegamanAT New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    ok thx, then I think I will save the money for an OSW...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MegamanAT

MegamanAT New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
  5. Pit

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    The Leadshine DCM50205 is a brushless motor, compared with the brushed motor in the T500. I did the mod only due to the sake of simplicity. The stronger Bühler which I used fits perfectly and meets also the specs of the motor driver, power supply unit etc. I do not recommend other motors (untested and unknown) as long you are not a guru on electricity and you know what to do. :)
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  6. MegamanAT

MegamanAT New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    Ok, than I will put the t500 into a bix once my osw is ready and wait to get a used bühler. I Just want to how it feels ;)

Thank You!
  7. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    616Coins
    Ratings:
    +163 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    ko... so... an year after... t500rs still good? have planes to change my motor too now rs
  8. Pit

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    t500RS is still a competitive wheel, if you have one and are willing to upgrade it - why not. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    616Coins
    Ratings:
    +163 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    the problem is , in brazil, its IMPOSSIBLE to buy an motor with exaclty model !! so, i try to import, but price changes to 3 times more. :(
  10. Dirk Bockemuehl

Dirk Bockemuehl New Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Hello,

that Thread is old a bit, but very interestet.
    I search a bit and i found the Bühler 808 Version. I have all Prices here: 165€ 236 standard motor, 193€ 414 motor, 209€ 808 motor, all plus 15€ shipping to Germany.

@Pit , what u think over the 808 Version. sorry 4 my bad English....i am German

best regards

Dirk

[​IMG]
  11. Pit

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi Dirk, the 804 is way too strong, the rated current output is 1A higher than the specs, not much if we compare other motor drivers, but who knows where the specs really end and when the PSU or the internal motor driver will burn the wheel into a piece of melted plastic.... IMO save the money and buy a newer (better) wheel instead of modifying the old t500rs.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  12. Dirk Bockemuehl

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Thanks for the quick Statement to it. I don't have Money for DD Wheel....also not for overpriced Fanatec. But ur Thread here is a very nice option. The 804 is to strong so its only a good way for 414 version right?
    For 804 version a bigger Powersupply helps to bring it on or the electronicboard can't handle it?

Thks 4 help bro

Dirk
  13. Pit

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Please keep in mind, a stronger motor does not result in a better wheel. I own a DDW, so I can compare between both. The stronger motor in the T500rs helps reducing the clipping, which can be very annoying. It does not make the wheel "stronger", because stronger settings result in a worse resolution.
  14. Dirk Bockemuehl

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    The stronger motor in the T500rs helps reducing the clipping, which can be very annoying.

ur upgrade make the wheel much better on clipping.....that is what i need bro.

So the idea is that the 804 version can do that even better. the price is near the same.
  15. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    616Coins
    Ratings:
    +163 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    well i change my t500just like this thread 2 years ago (2018 ) but i dont see the real benefit on it. it works, but FF dont turns to more strong or something like this. Anyway, for this change you have to modify eletronics for cooling system too or wheel will be burn for shure. I think better choice is sell your wheel, so you can buy another one, with smooth turns and new mechanics. maybe a t300, or TS PC, also fanatec CSL ...
  16. Dirk Bockemuehl

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Hello,

yes, i now that the FF don't turns to more strong or something like this. The FF on T500 is strong enougt to broke fingers. The following 3 answers are a very good argument to do it also.

1."The most important thing of the FFB is the clipping which comes pretty much lately. If you would set your 65W wheel to 100% gain, you have 90% of clippings imo (did not test it before, it is an assumption from memory), but with the stronger motor you feel the "old" 100% gain now with 10% clipping."

2."Thanks so much for your help and diagrams all working now absolutely brilliant so much better feel all round even more power than the fanatec V2 which is way dearer.
    Thanks again."

3."I would go so far as to say it is worth doing even buying a new T500RS to do if you are thinking about the Fanatec V2 and putting the new 85 watt motor In straight away even better a second hand one.
    I have tried all the lower priced and medium ones this mod takes it way above the AU$1850.00 Fanatec V2.
    It just has more feel as you explained in your post and it never loses power like the 65 watt one (original).
    Thanks again."
  17. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    616Coins
    Ratings:
    +163 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    well, i try this and definily t500 with 85wats dont have same nm fanatec v2. Fanatec still better, metal construction, easy hub, and huge diference on transmition data ( 500hz).