1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Three times a charm

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by terry wells, Apr 27, 2014.

1. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Maybe try unpatching and repatching the game via the game manager looks like it hasn't patched correctly, data should show up in the green area of tuning centre.
  2. terry wells

terry wells Active Member

retired military
    Balance:
    734Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    I tried that and it still did not work.

Attached Files:

3. terry wells

retired military
    Balance:
    734Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    OK, I got it to work . I was patching to the wrong place. works now

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. terry wells

retired military
    Balance:
    734Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    I early stated that I had a lot of jittering in my roll actuator/motor . Kind of seems like it not at "0". That is still happening. And, when in FSX or DCS , with pitch up (stick back) I also get roll left, with pitch down (stick forward) I also get roll right. With roll left (stick left) I also get pitch down and with roll right (stick right) I also get pitch up. Both games give me the same problem. I tried changing the direction in axis assignments but none really did work however having axis 2 checked it worked the best. still unacceptable to fly and have fun. Is there something out there somewhere that tells me by changing that, this will happen ? do you have any suggestions on what I should do next? I will say this, The game plugins are working and my platform is responding to what I am doing so I know that I am very close to having this work.
    Thank You
    Terry W.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  5. terry wells

retired military
    Balance:
    734Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    I did some tweaking and I now have both games acceptable for flying (Roll and Pitch). Why does the default have axis1 and 2 in used (roll & pitch) under DOF1 and DOF2 when in the game I am only using DOF1 (roll & pitch)?. When I changed it to this the platform works good.

Attached Files:

6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    as long as it works.
  7. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Ok @terry wells.
    1. Does your planned sim use one motor per axis or combined like a race sim.

If yes then Roll needs to be on one axis and Pitch need to be on the other.
    If no then Roll and Pitch does effect both axis, not the best for flight movements but playable.
    The check box is to invert the DOForce.

2. Have you modified the tuning centre setting first. ?

If no then I would recommending following this :

First set the Axis to use Roll and if this is a one motor per axis set the Axis Assignment to 100%.
    Open game in a window to test.
    Get the plane into the air and do some roll movements taking note at the overall feel.
    Now with game paused open the Tuning Centre and check the Min Max setting in the red area, if the motion was too quick as in rolling over too far for what was on the screen , you need to increase these values, or if its too slow you need to decrease theses values, all sims that are built differently will require a one time tune, then from there you can use the Game Manager to write profiles for different craft.
    Now that you have the Roll working nicely,
    Close the Game Manager completely (including in the status bar), this will disconnect the sim and the Game Engine from the Game.
    Change the Axis settings to only produce Pitch and test as above.
    Now that you have the Pitch working nicely,
    You can turn off the Game Manager and set the Axis Assignments to have both Pitch and Roll.
    Try not to use filtering , last resort action after tuning.

Try that my friend.