1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

[theory] Simulating G-forces with motion sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by raidho36, Nov 22, 2014.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @stroutmail , heres the video of which the information you posted I mistaken thought you may have been suggesting

2. raidho36

raidho36 Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 6 / -0
    @bsft
    >Others will disagree with this including those who have learned to program arduinos virtually from scratch with very basic information.
    Yeah I know. Nobody likes the idea that their skill may be not so good. But if you're really into the topic, as you progress, eventually the noobly arrogance goes away, and you get strikingly clear picture of how inferior your skills really are and how many lightyears worth of improvement you really have to walk. Some people, though, instead build up amateurly arrogance when they think that their halfway decent skills is a state of the art level of mastery. I've been hanging out to programming communities for long time and this is my experience about it. My statement about theory over practice in programming specifically is also comes from that - people who disregarded theoretical knowledge and thought they can build up good skills just by programming per se never had much progress (not that they started with anywhat good skill either). I don't know if anyone around here has PhD in programming area, but such experienced person could tell you the same, it's no rocket science.
    >With sim building, yes I have stuck to a 2 DOF design to make it easier, but from joyrider to seat mover to full frame, its still been a challenge with each design. I have not found the perfect design and I dont expect to . I just found what works in different situations and styles of builds.
    Yes it is important to actually try that. You can never fully estimate properties of a design started from scratch, so you have to build one in order to see how it actually worked. You improve hardware designs by building them, marking their properties, and taking into account the next time you design something like that.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  3. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    guys a little late into the topic but... considering what has been said... and considering that english is not my first language... what gives a better
    experience?

a) a 2dof seat mover (only the seats moves)
    or
    b) a 2dof platform, where seat, pedals and steering wheel moves all together.

:D
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,416Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    b) would be more sluggish. If you have a look for the videos of real driving on track the wheel does not move with the body. Further more if the display is mounted on the rig if b) is choosen makes all still more sluggish. Just my 2 cents
    • Like Like x 1