1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Test Plugin

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by terry wells, Apr 1, 2014.

1. terry wells

terry wells Active Member

retired military
    Balance:
    734Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Is there a test plugin available to test the pitch and roll? also I am having problems with understanding
    the difference between a download package costing 250 coin (for one week only) and one plugin download costing 10 coins? I want very much to use this software with my platform but I am worried that the cost may be very high for what time I will use it. Does any of this make any sense?

Thank You
    terry
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    SimTools has its own Output testing built in to it , to test a simulator plus also it has a virtual axis readout so you may see the forces at work and how they affect the axis for the simulator.
    Making a few post on what you would like to achieve or just answering question etc all earn you coins to be able to download the software and plugins or if you don't want to become involved in the community you can buy a download package to gain access.
    Simple way is to become involved and read and chat.
  3. terry wells

retired military
    Balance:
    734Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Thank you eaorobbie for the reply but does the 250 coin only last for a week and then you need to purchase another week for 250 coin?
  4. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    So what game would you like to use with SimTools, and what style of simulator would you build.
    Tell us more, you earn more too.
  5. terry wells

retired military
    Balance:
    734Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    There are only two games that I would use, they would be ( DCS Black Shark and FSX ). The motion platform I would like to build at this time is just that "a motion platform" ,using 2 motors to start with but I am also thinking maybe 3. All I would like to have is pitch and roll at this time and down the road maybe heave. I have been reading many forums about this because I am trying to figure out what I need (hardware and software) so that I may make this work and without purchasing "stuff" I don't need.

Thank You
    terry
  6. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    All depends on the weight you wish to move, Heave forget even trying with DC motors, not easy and everyone is different.
    Start simple and expand from there mate. Avoids disappointments.
    For flight for a good effect and ease of building plus you can balance the rig properly, looking at you profile ya gunna want all those gauges too I would recommend the Joyrider in steel or aluminium , pvc as designed tends to flex a bit.
  7. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    Yeh, you might be able to o with a wooden joyrider as well if you don't have welding skills or a drill press.
  8. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yep seen one built , a little heavy but worked. To strengthen the Pvc Joyrider from www.acesim.com you can place steel pipe up the centre of the pvc where it flexs and remove all the flex.