1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Swap direction not working for me

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by nzteddy2020, Nov 21, 2023.

1. nzteddy2020

nzteddy2020 New Member Gold Contributor

Retired software developer
    Balance:
    - 8Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Newbie here to FlyPT Mover and motion sim...
    I have a DIY 2DOF Rotating configured with Serial as per attached image.
    SMC3 functioning fine.
    Works fine with SimTools and MSFS.
    But need/want to get it going with FPTM for acceleration queues.
    Issue I have is I can't get the direction swapping to work.
    Have tried every combination of 'Swap direction' and 'Output swap swapped'
    Have tried various orientations of crank vert angles.
    Nothing causes the motor direction to change.
    Both Actuator Test and Pose movements drive one motor in the wrong direction.
    I couldn't just swap the wires, as this would screw up SMC3 and SimTools usage I believe.
    Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. nzteddy2020

nzteddy2020 New Member Gold Contributor

Retired software developer
    Balance:
    - 8Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    All good, my misunderstanding. Actuator testing is not affected. Needed to set up aa loop to test the poses and then tweak the swap settings.