1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Step by Step... approaching to Thanos work.

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by knob2001, Dec 10, 2008.

1. danipe70

danipe70 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hola, me he enganchado a esta pedazo de máquina, después de tocar la máquinas tipo CNC y el vacuunforming, moldeo por vacio de plásticos.

Ya tengo los motores de los limpiaparabrisas, pero me estoy volviendo loco buscando las dichosas poleas, he encontrado algunas que se usan para puertas correderas, pero no se si son las mejores, donde las puedo conseguir en Madrid y cuanto cuestan. También me voy a poner con la electrónica, siguen siendo los mejores los Tronic's AMC motor motion-controller y el Tronic's DIY dual Mosfet H-bridge. Esta idea de los motores limpiaparabrisas se puede exportar a otro tipo de máquinas y son relativamente baratos, yo lo he comprado en desguaces La Torre por 15€, los cogí de un Micra.

Muchas gracias,
  2. angelmanu

angelmanu The Captain

Balance:
    - 147Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    Hola danipe70, yo también estoy enganchado en la máquina Joyrider, por ahora tengo terminada la electrónica de Thanos y voy a empezar la programación del ATMEGA8535 con el PonyProg.
    Dentro de poco, espero poder comprar todo el PVC, aunque aún no sé donde encontrarlo, vivo en Madrid.
    En cuanto a lo de los motores, tenía pensado acercarme a desguaces la Torre, pero no sé si comprar de coches a 12v o de barco de 24v, que tienen mas par.
    Lo de las poleas, tengo localizado el número de teléfono de Optibelt España, me han dicho que les llame y me informarán donde puedo adquirir poleas y correas por mi zona.
    Si quieres su teléfono dímelo.

Mucha suerte y un saludo,
  3. serioussam909

serioussam909 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Questions about belts -
    How do you use these belts without any tensioners? - something like this:
    http://www.lotusgarage.com/shop/images/ ... .04_sm.jpg
    Do these belts stretch?
    I did some calculations in SolidWorks - it seems that belt which is connected to middle frame (banking) should stretch by about ~8 cm.
    Or maybe your frame deforms by that amount?
  4. masutti

masutti New Member

Balance:
    4Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Oscar,

I find myself in the same situation of yours. My wife is convicted that she will take me of this road...
    I'm building the pcbs now, but when the large pieces come, i think i will need to finish soon to can sleep on the sim :)

Well, can you tell me if the AVR1.5 is the right one?
    And the H-bridge, the 1.2b is the last one?

I know that you have searched and i've read all your post, but it was at 2008. These layouts are the best until now? Are they the latest version working? Well, i can mount it without explosions?
    heheheh
    Another thing, the AVR recives directly the signal of the computer or i need some kind of conversion?

Thanks a lot for your attemtion.
  5. Deleted member 4120

Deleted member 4120

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. masutti

masutti New Member

Balance:
    4Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot for the help Interview!

Now i'm begining to construct the pcb's. I have used the gerbers to create the inverse sprint image so i can use the light sensibilizing process.

Only 1 doubt, the size of the board (130mm x 95mm) as showed on the photos, is it right? Because the pdf images are smaller, around 120x90mm.

I have printed with 130x95 and tryed out with the ATmega8535 and the holes are very aligned. I will do the silkscreen printing on this weekend and if you have any sujestions, pleas post.

Below the files for someone else who may need the negative images.

AMC 1.5 and Parallel LCD negative.pdf
    DSMhb negative.pdf
  7. av8tr

av8tr New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have the detailed plans for the Thanos sim. Checked all the links appear to be dead.

Jurgen
  8. av8tr

av8tr New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

In the above posts you mention that you strengthened the frame with 2cm PVC, I assume
    your referring to the main support structure not the seating portion ??

Thanx and nice job av8tr