1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Steering Wheel - Project

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Gabriel Vuelma Romanzini, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Gabriel Vuelma Romanzini

Gabriel Vuelma Romanzini Member

SolidWorks User
    Balance:
    558Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I`m starting a new project.
    A different steering wheel, mixing indy, mercedes 2016 f1, and a roso steering wheel that i have.

It will have a 3.95 inch display, a uno ard and a board to control some buttons.

The ideia is to put everything inside the wheel, with just 6 cables getting out of the wheel.

So, 2 for each USB (4), 1 5V and one GND....

then, go to 2 USB cables, one for ard, other for board.

I`m making a project in Solid Edge, then will manufacter it where i work ( in wood) furter, i`m thinking about making it in Carbon fiber ou normal fiber...

A Little Preview:
    [​IMG]

The grips will be something like this:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...bc8043f-08a8-52d3-8c7e-b85bf609d1b9.image.jpg

to grip perfect to my hand.

Any ideias ?

Note, started today...
    • Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. Gabriel Vuelma Romanzini

Gabriel Vuelma Romanzini Member

SolidWorks User
    Balance:
    558Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    New update:

That buttons in the middle will change to something to change de brake bias, like a momentary 2 side button...

The Rotary switch will change the screen page.

The leds on top will be next to the rotary's and behind the RPM leds will have 3 BLINK LEDS to help advise gear change.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1