1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Resolved Spammer banning

Discussion in 'Forum and Website' started by BlazinH, May 2, 2014.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Martin at the "other" site does that with his software, offers a "free" version, and all we got is continual drop outs of his damn server and plugins that didnt work until we paid for a decent running copy of the program. Hence we are here.
    If a trial version is offered, for goodness sake, make it work!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,416Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Martin = xsim. de?
  3. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I still think that the software and plugins should remain free. This helps to promote the community of builders by allowing those interested to get the software and play around with it, many do this with small models as proof of concept before jumping in with both feet to build their dream system. I think many people will, eventually, appreciate the software to the point that they will donate real money to the site to help keep things going.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    I teach college History and Political Science, I have gotten used to reading papers that obscure rather than clarify a topic, lol. :D
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes
  6. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,575Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    I think some of you are overlooking something. SimTools was promised to be free. I assume this also means the plugins too since they are a necessity! At least that is my understanding. The coin system was said to be installed for two main reasons; to force people to be active and to drive more traffic on the site. Personally I think both reasons are the same; more traffic because advertising pops up everywhere now. Why do we really need a coin system at all otherwise if we let it be abused to get around its stated purpose? Things were better around here without it imho! If people want to post, they will. There’s a saying, “You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink”. The same hold true here! We didn’t ever have to search thru three pages of BS posts before coins to find legitimate ones that were worth reading or answering! In fact, I will not bother to read them at all when I see that they are due to spamming. Therefore, if a legitimate post by another member is made on a tread previous to a spammer’s post before I have seen it, I for one at least will never see it until another legitimate post is made on that thread! I think this is very unfair to “active” members! Not only those posting or asking for help, but also for those trying to help others. It’s stated purpose is to drive traffic to the site but for me personally it has the effect of driving me away! At least whilst a spammer has taken over control of it!!!! If it gets to abusive, at some point I may decide that it’s no longer worth my time and effort to post anything anymore! It would be a shame if others start feeling that way too!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    This Google translation ... I have tried using Google as an interpreter of what type it directly instead of trying to translate my thoughts into English and written directly ... and the result is as you see sentences scattered and there is no coherence or real meaning ... so excuse me was that some of the sentences contain the ambiguity or characters connecting incomplete ... so I'll go back to writing, using my mind and logic of the English language as I know ... Thanks
  8. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Members here all should value these points in there reply/posts :
    - Positive and compassionate attitudes
    - Honest recognition of own strengths and weaknesses
    - Patience and diplomacy while debating
    - Disciplined to remain on-topic
    - Solo and cooperative problem solving
    - Proper English grammar and correct spelling as possible

Edit :
    -Pictures/videos are highly appreciated as standardized universal language .
    • Like Like x 6
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  9. AceOfSpies

AceOfSpies Living the Dream!

Balance:
    19,614Coins
    Ratings:
    +244 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Hi @speedy, I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments that you have so eloquently expressed. Very concise and clear.

Mike :thumbs
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. jem45472

jem45472 Active Member

Balance:
    97Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I dont think thats a bad idea. Maybe offer simtools trial with all plugins installed and and only 1 working d.o.f.
    Then use the coin system to open up more dof. No need to spam as initial download is free and one working dof to test with. Anybody who is serious in continuing build can post and buy additional dof's for maybe 200 coins per dof.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Love you guys :thumbs ... Here is a new good idea that came up regarding my previous post (edited ) ...

Earning coins should be modified so coins comes from members ratings that each post receives from other members . So coins concept is rebuilt on how much you are a " Giver " so we give you coins not the blind system ...

Useful , Informative , Winner , Creative gives [for ex. ] 50 ,100 ,150 ,200 coins respectively .
    Agree & like gives 10 coin
    Funny & Friendly gives 5 coin

If the rating is from the Admin. , Moderator , Developer then coins is doubled or trebled .

So we all have the hand to morally push/help each other up to give the best that we have ... Developers should have the highest coins push if he Informative , Creative any one's post ...

So any small effort now can give you a good reward for ever if you put it in a new thread in the right place that serves our needs in our weak spots / keeping up with the new technology ... a single good informative post can earn you 2000 coin or more ...

For Newbies ... We have an Off Topic Fun and Nonsense section that they can post there whatever others may like or find it useful ... we can buy each other a beer, telling jokes and play poker " considered as the site club " ... @RaceRay should through us a party there every week titled "A Creative reward rating for this weekend " :grin ... discovering the bright side of all members .

So bring / keep bringing out the good stuff so we can like you :cool: ...
    • Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  12. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,575Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    With the help of our new moderator Historiker, I'm having faith that the matter of excessive spamming has been "resolved" for the time being so this thread has been relabeled as such. Thanks again!
  13. DigitalCrypto

DigitalCrypto New Member

Balance:
    343Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, JRK
    I've not been here very long but as a new user I just wanted to say that I think the coin system is beyond fair until someone abuses it with useless posts. I've seen a couple "Yeps" that weren't really helpful or meaningful when a thumbs up vote would have worked just as easily.

I can't really comment on how to run this forum. Coding anything takes time and effort. But allowing a single download with a single plugin may fulfill the "free" requirement after registration but any additional downloads would require active participation using the coin system.

One way to limit spam content would be a minimal character count for replies. So if user types less than 250 characters in a response then there is no reward. This might help limit comment spam. Also if a user just typed unrelated/off topic nonsense 250+ character content to get the coins a moderator could revoke the coins later when they moderated the spam out.

My two coins worth...
  14. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @BlazinH ... How is it "Resolved" ? ... By leaving the door open for spammers while having extra moderator on it ?... Facing users from all over the world with different cultures and attitudes ... leaving his core creative job and cleaning there $#!t every while ... If so, please this is not a fair solution .

@DigitalCrypto ... If a spammer find it out, He can copy and past any 250 useless content ... then in the same minute can use the coins for downloading what he needs ... leaving us behind in his dust again ...

By any means this should become an information exchange system ...​
    If SimTools + Plugins plus all our free to see videos/pictures/comments are good, worth effort , inspiring, and you want to use them ... So as thank you pay back any peace of information of any kind that are helpful in our way of developing more can really make / force spammer quit that behavior and contribute better .
  15. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,575Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Hi @speedy , That's why I still left an opening saying, "for the time being". I willing to give Historiker a chance first though to see if he can keep a lid on it for the most part! If he gets overrun in the future I can always change the thread back to "Request feature". But so far the spamming has just been an occasional nuisance so hopefully he can keep up and get on it quickly! So @Historiker, no slacking off (Please)!! :grin
  16. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Umm....would this be a bad time to announce that I am going to New York for a week? :D
  17. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,575Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Your cell phone has internet doesn't it? Don't forget the charger! :p Anyway, if you're on the spammers as quickly as your reply to my last post, we shouldn't have any problems with spammers anymore! Thanks buddy! :cheers
  18. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi @BlazinH ... and that's exactly what I meant by " unfair solution " ... it's too late now but this is the best time for attack ... Go @Historiker no blame on you .