1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Some questions

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Daniëlg, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Daniëlg

Daniëlg New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello peeps,

I have always been dreaming abouth my own real motionsim. Since I'm playing Aces High2 the idea came back up. The problem was not realy the cockpit itself but bringing over data from pc to the cockpit. After a couple of days searching the net. I came up here.

So I'm planning to make one :yes: :yes: :yes:

Still there are some question left in my mind. I'm hopeing to find them here.

I'm doubting inbetween a 2D and a 3D platform. 2D simulates AXIS and ROLL. (basicly the things a plan does. nose up or down and roll left en right.) There is 3D and if untherstand correctly, it gives lift up and down. Is this used to simulate the G-force? do you have already a feeling of G force in a 2D motion platform? 3D seems to be more appropriate for a flightsimulator but I can be wrong.

I read somewhere you guys didn't have the software for 3D yet but where working on it. is it there yet?

Right now I'm collecting all the parts needed. I have a 2D platform in mind. But offcourse it will change the whole plan when I decide to go for 3D I guess it depends a bit of the more experinaced people's advices.

:cheers:

:sos: ps this is just sutch a funny smilie, I had to add it.
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The most difficult part is to get some motors/acutators that are strong/fast enough and to attach a way measurement system to them (encoder/pot)

X-Sim delivers the data.

You are right. The current official X-Sim release does only support 2 axis.
    But we are beta testing X-Sim² currently, which supports infinite axis.
    We prefer to call it DOF (degrees of freedom).

So if you want to build a 3DOF simulator, then go on. With X-Sim² you will be able to feed it with data.

Btw, you should have a look at Thanos AMC 1.5 motion controller. With that controller you are able to control up to 4 motors, respective 4DOF.
    But again, X-Sim² is in development and testing phase still.

Yes, in a restricted kind. But more DOF are better in general, of course. For flight sims I would recommend at least 3DOF. But it depends on your mechanical skills and budget.

Regards
    Christian
  3. Daniëlg

Daniëlg New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thx a lot for your reply Christian.

Aha.. the more the better. Ok 4DOF to give an example you take a plate and put a motor/actuator at eatch of the four corners right?

Hm yes finiding the parts is difficult. But its just a mather of time. My technical skills are ok so makeingthings is quite easy for me. My pcskill is just basic.

At the moment I have 2x electric tubes (actuators?)

Lever300 230V 50Hz
    1.2-1.7 A
    1400g/min
    Spinta max 3000N (dunno what that is)
    Ip 54

I think they are quite ok for this. Its used to open gates. Well not shure. I try to take a picture of them one of these days.

:cheers:

Daniël