1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Question So 1080ti or 2080 ? next card for next two years or just wait for AMD?

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by PIM1, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Member

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I would not buy the 10 series new anymore, 20 series it is. The secondhand market will have a lot more cards from the 10 series now, very attractive to buy them second hand.
  2. paulopsx2

paulopsx2 Active Member

Balance:
    1,083Coins
    Ratings:
    +88 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    well, ill try 2080ti. Not impressive under 1080ti. So stay on 10 series for + 1 year. Better prices, excelent results, no burns problem.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Member

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean with burn problems?
  4. splendiddd

splendiddd Member Gold Contributor

CCTV security
    Balance:
    332Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    I upgraded from 1080 to 1080ti. Sold my 1080 for 400 and got a new 1080ti for just 650 euro (all gigabyte windforce)

Pretty good deal imo. I was waiting to get my hands on the 20180ti but the price and not so big gain forced me to this route and i am very happy. Preformance gain from 1080 to 1080ti is pretty big. 30/40 frames in 2d on some games. Now i can upgrade the mobo and cpu before the end of the year. Probably i7 9700k 8 core

5. Kranky Pantz

Kranky Pantz Active Member

Balance:
    1,244Coins
    Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    I'd wait until nVidia sorts out the high defect rate of the 20xx series GPU's.

Hopefully by then prices may come down to more reasonable levels.

Plus with the Bitcoin crash & mining now taking a back seat, things are looking up for both new & used GPU availability.

RTX doesn't appear to be ready for prime time, as they are still drastically underperforming whenever ray tracing is enabled.

Perhaps wait it out if you already have a decent enough GPU such as your GTX 1070, which should get you through until things settle down.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Member

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Oh, did not saw the 2080 problems, looks quite serious.

The RTX is more of a problem to me, you can not use the RTX functionality (there is nothing that can use the RTX module), and if you could, the real-time performance is rubbish compared to the graphics we are used to. The technology is extremely cool, but it requires to much computing power at this time.