1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Tutorial SMC3 Arduino 3DOF Motor Driver and Windows Utilities

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by RufusDufus, Dec 1, 2013.

1. ZeGrundPilot

ZeGrundPilot New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    115Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Two questions regarding persistent Simtools values and the Arduiono that I could not find the answers to:
    1 - When min/max for clip, pwm, smoothing are set, the settings are saved automatically to the Arduino and apply when using the Simtools/games, correct?

2 - I need a smaller clip range, so I set the value (Motor1_Clip=400) in the setting file and load it. The value is depicted on the graph, but the clipping trace always seems to remain at the 255 max value. Why?

3 - Is my clip=400 being saved to the Arduino OR does SMC3Utility block that clip value from being saved? Would this explain why when I close and re-open SMC3Utility the Clip 400 is replaced by the max clip of 255 or the last "good" clip value? I want to keep my 400 clip.

Thanks

R
  2. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member SimTools 2.0 Beta Tester

Balance:
    10,778Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,334 / 28 / -1
    1. Yes

2. & 3. You answered your own questions that max clip value is 255 so you can't set it higher than 255.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018