1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SLI PRO X XSIM PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by leandroter7, Mar 21, 2010.

1. leandroter7

leandroter7 Member

Balance:
    - 89Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, 6DOF
    Hello guys

I finish my G-25 mod with SLI Pro from Leo Bordnar, but i can run with wsim. Every time when i try run both program, Force send xcrash.

Someone has a solution for this problem?????

Maybe a plug in or something???

Bye

Leandro Tercette
  2. hoggyjay

hoggyjay New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    What sim are you running if its iracing then you can only have one third party app running- SLI-PRO or wsim. There is talk of a solution but as yet nothing. You can try the www.eksimracing.com forum but be prepared to make a donation and be very specific with the details of your problem.
  3. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Is this for real? :)
  4. hoggyjay

hoggyjay New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am afraid so. The forum is free of charge but to access the software section there is a compulsory donation.

I was receiving support for my SLI-PRO in the hardware section regarding connections and encoders. When I posted a question relating to using OSPT my post was blocked and I recived an email telling me to post in the appropriate (software, donation or your not getting in) section.

Not many people know this when they buy from Leo Bodnar. The software is free just be prepared to pay again to find out how to use it.

have a look-
    http://www.eksimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=675

Hoggy
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    There has been alot of discussion about this in the iRacing forums. All hardware and software vendors that connect to the API have been contacted and offered the opportunity to participate in the development of an Open Source API. A free API is currently being developed and will be released on SourceForge.Net as iWrap when it is complete.

The idea is that the API should be FREE, Open Source and include an installer with the capability of detecting and dealing with other proxies. With this open source structure and development, every developer who will connect to the API has the opportunity to join the SourceForge project and offer his/her input.
  6. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    @Hoggy

That is very unfortunate. The software is part of the package you buy from Leo, you need it in order to make the hardware work.
    They call it free, but you have to pay in order to get support? And after you pay, you are still posting threads in a forum with other paying costumers?

Well, good luck to them!

@Bernard
    That sounds good! It's about time the open source community put an end to it! :D
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Good news. iWrap is progressing nicely. In initial testing, the performance is VERY close to the original X-Sim plugin. Motion profiles will not need to be changed to support iWrap. As it stands currently, almost every application that connects to the iRacing API will support iWrap. This is the first proxy that has good enough performance to support simulation and other devices. I have tested with three different apps obtaining data from iWrap and there is no noticibable performance impact.

Applications that are written directly for the iRacing API can be modified to connect via iWrap by changing a single line of code. Hopefully EK will decide to make this quick change to allow his customers to benefit from iWrap as well.

Please note that further testing is required, but initial results are VERY encouraging.
  8. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have also tested iWrap with iRacing and can say that it works great. The performance is extremely close to the original X-sim plugin and all existing profiles should feel pretty much the same.

Once this is released, SLI owners can contact EK to see if he will make the VERY simple change to his plugins to support this proxy.

Thanks to the iWrap dev team for making this happen.

....Mike
  9. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Do you know something accurate about the release date?
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I suspect that we're only a week or two away from an initial alpha release. Some discussions still need to occur about installation location, dll location and what installer will be used, etc..
  11. leandroter7

leandroter7 Member

Balance:
    - 89Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, 6DOF
    very good to hear the news.
  12. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance: