1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial SketchUp SimTools Plugin

Discussion in 'SimTools Plugins' started by Gustavo Massaneiro, May 14, 2018.

1. Gustavo Massaneiro

Gustavo Massaneiro New Member

Balance:
    66Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Hello,

I'm new a user, so I started building my 6DOF project using SketchUp tutorial, but I realized that the SketchyPhysics integration with SimTools lack a lot of information and patterns.
    So I transformed the Wackelstuhl.rb into a plugin. The plugin has a menu, with just one item.

The plugin controls the socket initialization and plugin initialization, so you can't open multiple sockets with SimTools. It also syncronize the reading data from SimTools, avoiding a lot of ruby errors/exceptions prints on ruby console when SimTools is paused or not running. It also print all the axis data on the ruby console.
    The plugin is really simple, but it is useful.
    You must have SketchyPhysics installed, check the repository for the latest version:
    https://sketchy-physics.github.io/page/index.html

1. Download the zip file and extract it on SketchUp plugin folder (same location of SketchyPhysics), normally C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2016\SketchUp\Plugins
    2. Open SketchUp, click on Window -> Preferences -> Extensions, then flag "SimTools"
    3. Go to Extensions menu and click on "SimTools - Connect to Port 3157"
    4. Go to Window menu and open the Ruby Console
    upload_2018-5-14_1-44-31.png

That's it, now remember to configure correctly your SimTools Interface Settings, if you need to change the Port or the Output Interface, you need to edit the plugin main.rb file on C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2016\SketchUp\Plugins\SimTools\main.rb
    Soon I will add a configuration menu on the plugin.

Default settings for Interface Settings:
    • Interface Output: <Axis1a>;<Axis2a>;<Axis3a>;<Axis4a>;<Axis5a>;<Axis6a>
    • Port 3157
    • IP 127.0.0.1
    • Output Rate 20ms (You can reduce to 10 if you want)
    upload_2018-5-14_1-43-2.png

Ruby Console Output:
    upload_2018-5-14_1-45-50.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ads Master

Ads Master

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0