1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom Skerper's Racing Rig

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Skerper, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Skerper

Skerper New Member

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I was asked in the Intro thread to make a project thread for my build, so here we are!

Background: This rig is used exclusively for iRacing in VR. I mainly drive GT cars, and do a bit of endurance racing.

My build as it currentlys stands is a Rosso Modello GTD-RS frame w/ the optional TV tray and shifter mount. I drilled some new holes in it to fit the Fanatec CSS1.5 and Augury control box/servo mount. The only other customization to the frame is a replacement bucket seat, as the original sports car style one developed a 10 degree twist due to braking forces.

10514850911015.jpg (old seat shown here)

At the moment, the only tactile feedback I have is vibration. I started out with a Jetseat, then added a Shakeseat as well. I had a spare Shakeseat, which I pulled apart and put longer wires on so it could be spred out more. As a result my seat has 8 ERM vibration motors and 8 Dayton bass transducers, with 14 independent channels between them.

10514850851722.jpg (new seat + pimax5k+ cameo)

I'm a big fan of driver-side bass tactile feedback (as in, shakers etc in direct contact with the driver, rather than being mounted to the cockpit frame). It allows for cheaper/lower power hardware, noise-cancels without the need to isolate the rig, and ensures you can easily tell where each effect is coming from.

The next step is motion, hence this thread. I have a Sim-lab P1-X on order to replace the RM frame (it has a ton of flex and would not hold up to motion), which I'll be adding the three-actuator setup from PT-Actuators to.

I'll update the thread as things start arriving!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Skerper

Skerper New Member

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Out with the old 10629048291554.jpg and in with
    10629048332414.jpg
    the new!
    10629048371662.jpg

Gradually getting everything reattached to it... very, very solid piece of furniture, the P1-X.

With my old rig, if I'd yanked upwards on the wheel deck, I could've torn the entire thing in half.

With the new one I can pick it up by the wheel deck and carry it.
    • Like Like x 2