1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial Single Fan wind simulator for No Limits 2

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by hansvdm, Dec 26, 2023.

1. hansvdm

hansvdm Member Gold Contributor

Freelance
    Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I use a Adafruit to control my fan for wind simulation in NL 2 Rollercoaster but the fan pulls 3 amp and the shield got overheated. I created a setup with the BTS7960 shield to handle high voltage and more amp's.

Fan 12 volt
    Powersupply 12 volt
    BTS7960
    Ardunio Nano

At very low speed the fan can make a high frequency noise. Your dog will get crazy. I am using the Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM, 120mm. Which is pretty ok.

Load the code and select the Arduino board. Open the serial monitor.

Sent S255 the fan must start spinning a full speed, maybe better to start with S050. To stop use S000. Start Simtools 3 and configure the interface and the output settings.
    Make sure that you set the Temetry settings, output settings to the right values in the NL2 startup. Depending on the fan you have to adjust the Math * X value.

opensermon.png serialmon.png telemetrySetupNL2.png ÌnterfaceOutput.png outputsettings.png outputrules.png SingleFan.jpg

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1