1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimXperience - rFactor Megane Motion Profile

Discussion in 'X-Sim² profiles' started by bvillersjr, Jun 7, 2009.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Profile Details
    Game: rFactor
    Intended Sim Hardware: 2 SCN5 Frex-Style design (On-Road)
    Actuators: 150mm
    25% Limiter: Yes (although I do not use mine and it feels better)
    Math Plugins Used: 1:1 G-Force, Percent Scaler
    Designed for Specific Vehicle: Yes - EuroCup Megane 2008
    Includes Program Settings: Yes. Optimized for Quad Processor. Do not load program settings if you do not have a quad-core
    Includes Gauges: No
    Speed / Acceleration Values: Actuator Speed:22500 / Actuator Acceleration:95 (Turn this number up or down if you desire more or less road surface effects)

Tip: It is important to set the acceleration value above in the SCN5 Plugin Settings before using this profile. The profile was designed around these settings and will not feel realistic without them. YOU COULD DAMAGE YOUR ACTUATORS IF YOU DO NOT SET THE SPEED/ACCEL SETTINGS PROPERLY!

Usage agreement: I have posted these profiles here to help others get started more quickly. However, my profiles are not perfect. In exchange for my efforts in creating and posting this profile here, I ask that you post any improvements that you make to it or shortcoming that you discover with it here so that we can all benefit from each others experience. To date, I haved posted 6 profiles, and have received almost no feedback. :(

Disclaimer: It's simple. If one of these profiles harms you or your equipment, I am sorry but am not liable in any way. Use this profile / setting combination at your own risk. Do NOT use these profiles if your 25% limiter is not enabled.

Quick Notes
    -This is the profile that I ran in the race in the X-Sim Launch race.
    -I was unable to share it online because X-Sim 2.1 is not useful in Vista, and I prefer Vista
    -You may find that there is too much Vertical for your liking. Simply drop the bottom Vertical 1:1 G-Force line to between 5% and 10%

Attached Files:

2. XRiccardo

XRiccardo New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    :hi: :hi:
    Thanks!!!
    :clap: :clap:

Today i test it.
  3. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Berney,

thanks for the profile, i will test it when i am home :)

I assume (when i compare with my situation), it is because most of the guys are beginners in writing profiles. They finished their sims not so much ago and know their only desire is to start driving and having fun with the motion sims and the well created profile you did. I do it as well currently but i realy appreciate it to have the possibility to drive without creating profiles in the beginnings of my simulator!

Certainly i am not the only one who will create profiles later and share it , but before we´ll do that, our profiles has to be competitive to yours . That tooks time ... it´s no sign of no appreciation only a sign of inexperience.

So, please do not stop sharing profiles, i bet there are more simdrivers with your profiles out there as you think ;D

regards
    René
  4. XRiccardo

XRiccardo New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I felt good for the profile. is fantastic. Very well done. Congratulations Bernard!
    Thank you!
    sincerely
    Riccardo. :hi: :hi:
  5. XRiccardo

XRiccardo New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have tried with the other cars. It works well only with the megane.
    suggest what to adapt to other cars?

how can I make an equation between the car and the profile for to fit in another car? Is this possible?

megane hp : actuator acceleration = golf hp : X
    ...... looks like....

:blush:
  6. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, we're experimenting with an X-Sim here at CXC. Thanks in part to your urging B :)

I'm curious; how well do these 150mm profiles translate to 100mm actuators at all? Is there any danger in trying them?

Berney, if you were to adapt these to 100mm actuators, where would you start? (Not really looking for exact values as much directions to head in)

Thanks a ton for your efforts.... I don't really know any Megan drivers so my input would be rather subjective. We do however have a few Porsche Supercup drivers use our simulators, so......uh.....I could test a setup for one of those :)

-Chris
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

You are correct. This is the benefit of X-Sim, but is also the drawback of X-Sim. You will need a motion profile that is purpose designed for each class of vehicles. If you need it now, you will need to build a custom profile for the vehicle of your choice.

I am well on my way to having accomplished this for rFactor, as you will see when the SimXperience Commander is released. ;D It will include profiles for most major rFactor mods, as well as a fairly advanced profile sharing mechanism. After that, I will persue GTRE.
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Hi Chris,

I have both 150mm and 100mm actuators for testing. I have found that a properly created 150mm profile translates nicely to 100mm actuators. The only risk of damage that you have is that if your actuator angles are incorrect and you are using too aggressive a profile with the limiters disabled and 150mm actuators.
  9. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so after trying this profile, I have a few notes. Keep in mind this is the first profile I have really tried and I really don't have a firm grasp on the math portion of X-sim yet so I might be way off.

- The acceleration was a little slow for me. I settled somewhere around 200 in the end.
    - The longitudinal forces were actually a little low for me as well. How would I adjust this? By adding more range?
    - The lateral forces were great for the quick flick (ie short changes in direction) but a little severe under sustained G corners. I assume I would shorten the range here?
    - Why are the positive and negative split in lateral? I assumed that lateral would always have the same value left to right?
    - I also noticed that there is no roll axis. This is really apparent when I attack the curbs aggressively. Normally I would feel that inside tire lift and the chassis rotate.

I hope this is a somewhat useful for you...

Forgive me for also trying to learn X-sim in your profile thread :)
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Most of my public profiles are detuned due to complaints from people about them being too agressive. From what I have seen of your videos, your simulators tend to be tuned quite agressively. I think that my personal profile stash would be much more to your liking. I have devised a mechanism in the Commander to allow people to easily adjust this but it wont be ready for a couple of weeks yet. The Megane cars tend to have alot of wheel hop. I suspect that this is what you are experiencing in a sustained G corner assuming that you are using an agressive update rate in the Force Sender and Program Settings section. Try setting the top Vertical G-Force line to 2%.

You are correct, there is no roll or yaw in this quickie profile. It was introduced to facilitate an online race and created only moments before the race.

The positive and negative splits are necessary because this is how rFactor reports the data: negative to one extreme, positive to the other.

Longitudal forces can be easily adjusted by increasing the percent of effect value to them.

Also, please remember that your millisecond break settings in the program section and the force sender dramatically effect how a profile will feel. Because the SCN5 actuators have their own proportional controller, they determine how quickly they will move from point a to point b based upon how far point b is from point a. Translation: the more often you are able to send updates to the actuators, the smoother the motion will be. This update rate is based on many factors that are well beyond this thread.

By my analysis, the Frex software cannot update the actuators more than every 10-12ms. This means that it will definitely not be able to produce some effect that a simulator updating every 1ms can.

Because there are so many variables, it is difficult for two people with X-Sim to experience the same feel from the exact same profile. I intend the Commander software to solve this issue.
  11. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi! Guys!

After a long time not using my sim/vacation/etc... I am back! :)
    I just don't know how someone can live without this! ;-)

I've just tested this profile and it is amazing!!!
    Very nice and smooth. No jerk movements as my junk profiles usually have! :p

As Chris, I also increase the accel. to 200 and included the body roll to feel the curb lines... That is a nice touch! Thanks for the tip!

Bernard, quick question:
    Why not setting the actuators speed and acceleration on the Output setup?
    As far as I have tested, if you do it there, you don't need to change anything at the SCN5 plugin page, right? Or, maybe I am missing something here?

Cheers,

Me
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback!

You are correct that a profile can include actuator speed / accel settings by including them in the output setup. However, I find this a tedious process. I designed a portion of the SimXperience Commander to handle this in a much simpler fashion. Profiles that are exchanged via the release version of the Commander will automatically create these settings for you and the profile sharing mechanism will not allow a profile to be uploaded that does not contain them. The obvious goal here is to ensure that only complete profiles that include speed / accel , etc.. are shared in the Commander. In the future, I will also be adding some security features to ensure that that no malicious profiles are shared that contain harmful speed / accel settings.

:cheers:
  13. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks, sounds nice Bernard!
    But, will the commander change the speed/accel from the SCN5 plugin registry or the Output Setup?

I downloaded the commander yesterday, I hope to be able to test it soon.

Cheers,

MY

This feature of the Commander will not be released until the core functionality is well tested and stable.

Currently, I am using the output setup section if there is one, and prompting for values / adding an output setup section if there isn't one. I'm hoping to ensure that all the profiles will have this section, and we wont have to go through the trouble of adding it manually. Again, this isn't shown in the beta yet.

I have though of building a different interface that will talk directly to the actuators and allow for in-game speed/accel adjustments which could be remembered and saved on game exit. I would like to be able to tune a profile without Alt-Tabing out of the game all the time. Eventually I will get around to this, but it will probably be a few months due to the many other features that I am already committed to.
  14. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks for the feedback!

But, it seems you edited my post instead of replying to it... ;-)
  15. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Sorry about that!! I'm not accustomed to the edit button being there. In the past there was only one button, so I clicked blindly. My account must have been upgraded. I will pay more attention to this moving forward!
  16. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Soory Berney, that function was not intended. I repair it, as it is only a necessary for moderators here :)

Edit: When you intend to do some moderative things let me know and i can pimp up your account again :)

Br
    René