1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimXperience DIY Motion Base Pre-Production Preview

Discussion in 'News' started by bvillersjr, Sep 1, 2009.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Here are some pre-production preview photos of the SimXperience Modular DIY Motion base. This motion base was designed to be as cost effective as possible for the DIY simulator enthusiast, yet compromise nothing when compared to any simulator on the market today. These are obviously difficult design objectives and this is the outcome of my efforts which will soon be available for purchase. I believe that this to be the only cost-effective, commercially available simulator based on X-Sim.

In order to accomplish the goals mentioned above, the simulator had to be designed in a modular manner allowing someone to purchase a simple 2DOF motion seat at a reasonably low price, and add other modules as their budget permitted until they arrive at a 3DOF no-compromise simulator.

Featured in the preview photos below are the following modules:

-2DOF Motion Seat Base
    -Front End Module
    -Rear Traction Loss Module (Adds third actuator)
    -Side Rails and customizable body panels

Not featured below:

-Optional bolt-on dash modules
    -Voice Control Module
    -Floorboard options
    -SimXperience G-Belt Harness

I would appreciate any input / constructive criticism from the community on this project as I have alot of myself invested in this endeavor.

Special Thanks to SirNoName, EgoExpress and RaceRay for making this all possible!!

023.jpg

More Photos available in my gallery her at the X-Sim site: http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/gallery/album.php?album_id=35

Additional photos of what I'm up to at SimXperience can be found on the SimXperience Labs Preview Page here: http://www.simxperience.com/Labs/tabid/236/Default.aspx
  2. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i like it, looks very sharp man