1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimXperience Commander For X-Sim Nearing Beta Stage

Discussion in 'News' started by bvillersjr, Feb 23, 2009.

1. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Ok! But, Bernard,

My point is, if the x-Sim auto function is working now, it is something to do with these combined files... Re-installing the Cmdr may not fix the problem, right?

Cheers,

Erick
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    That is true. You will not need to re-install the Commander in order to fix this issue. However, without the recommended Commander settings, you may experience difficulty in the future. With the new mechanism to backup and restore X-Sim settings. You should be able to backup your X-Sim settings and give the Commander settings a try if you choose without risk of losing your current settings.

Also, when using the Commander, since it dynamically generates it's own FSD files with motion profile included, you will not notice the bug in X-Sim 2.1.0.2 with combining these files because the commander will be combining them for you. You simply import the motion profile into the commander. When you assign it to a button, it is automatically formatted and entered into an FSD when you launch the button. This gives us alot of flexibility at the time a user clicks a quick launch button.
  3. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Bernard,

The backup didn't work out for me. I lost my data!
    I did the backup, it didn't ask me anything.

I removed the program, installed again, with that my backup was inside the folder of the program and was deleted, I didn't know!
  4. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Bernard,

Still, the Cmdr is not able to make the motion start.
    When I alt+tab, everything seems to be ok, but for the Open plug-in assistant selected! Is that normal?
    CmdrCtrl.JPG

Thanks.

Erick
  5. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Look, after the previous problem.

I don't leave the track, I alt+tab, close the sender and open a new instance.
    Then, everything works fine, but I can see that rfactor plugin is properly selected...
    CmdrCtrlSender.JPG
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I will move the backup location to the My Documents folder in the next update.
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I think that I may have identified the issue. The new Force Sender starts ALOT slower than the 2.0.7.1 force sender and I think that this is causing me a timing problem on the first launch of the Sender. Has each attempted game launch after the very first one been successful?

Also, please remember to set your X-Sim chat username and password. By default (to get things up and running) the Commander sets this username to SimXperienceUser. I later discovered that yet another bug in the new force sender causes crashes when the same username is used multiple times. Hard to discover the error though because it works like this:

User A logs in as SimXperienceUser (this could be any username doesnt matter what)
    User B logs in as SimXperienceUser (could be any username as long as its the same one used above)
    Result - User A's Force Sender crashes.

Frankly, I am very seriously considering going back to the MUCH more stable 2.0.7.1 verison of X-Sim until these issues are worked out.
  8. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    When I have some time, I will go back to x-Sim 2.0.7.1.

But, what about the plug in selected? There is no plug in selected when Sender is run from Cmdr.

Cheers,

Erick
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Assuming that you are using default Commander settings then the Force Sender is started at the same time that the Commander is started. If you were to look at the Force Sender just after launching the Commander, it is normal that no plugin is selected.

After you click a quick launch button, the Commander generates an FSD file and launches it. At this time, the game is also launched. If you ALt-Tab out of the game, you should expect to see the correct plugin selected in the Force sender, and for the 'Try Send Data' button to be gray because it has already been pressed for you.

The only way that I know of for this to go bad is if you added a game yourself, and did not properly enter the name of the plugin dll that should be used when launching the game.

Can you please provide some more detail as to the exact steps taken?

Also, I will be adding a feature soon where you can simply click a button and submit your X-Sim settings and SimXperience Data File to SimXperience Customer support for review and troubleshooting. This will make it much easier to reproduce these types of issues in the future.

:cheers:
  10. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi! Bernard,

After you click a quick launch button, the Commander generates an FSD file and launches it. At this time, the game is also launched. If you ALt-Tab out of the game, you should expect to see the correct plugin selected in the Force sender, and for the 'Try Send Data' button to be gray because it has already been pressed for you.

That is exactly what I mean, I alt+tab from the game (car in the track) and there is no plugin selected.

he only way that I know of for this to go bad is if you added a game yourself, and did not properly enter the name of the plugin dll that should be used when launching the game.
    Can you please provide some more detail as to the exact steps taken?

The only thing already selected is the default FSD for rFactor (this is set in the plug in assistant).
    As I said, it works fine if Cmdr is not in control.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Erick
  11. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I cannot determine how you managed this. Yours is the first of 12 installations to have any issue with the launch process that I am aware of. I have it on 3 of my test simulators with Next-->Next--->2DOF--->Finish installs, and have experienced no issues.

Certainly something has been changed in your X-Sim configuration. The difficulty here is determining what. By default, the FSD for rFactor should be a SimXperience generated FSD name. Possibly, we are experiencing another issue (that I was unable to test) with regard to the temporary generated FSD file not being able to be placed on your C: drive since you don't have access to it.

I will build the mechanism tonight so that you can click a button and have your configuration files sent to SimXperience Support for review. This will help us to get to the bottom of this.
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    @MasterYoda

I believe that I have discovered your issue and it is most likely related to the no C: drive issue again. The Commander makes use of X-Sim's FSD launching capabilities and AutoScan section in order to prevent accidental AutoScan entries from overriding the FSD launch functionality. When the Commander is installed, it sets the autoscan entries for all games to C:\SimXTemp\SimXperienceCommander.FSD. However, in order to facilitate your C: drive issue, I had to move this location to <wherever the app is installed>\SimXTemp\SimXperienceCommander.fsd.

This causes the location of the FSD to be variable. Long story short, I will correct this in 1.0.0.3. The autoscan entry will be dynamically set to this new variable location when a quick launch button is clicked.

Until then, you could right click on the sender in the system tray and disable auto-scan. This should get you by until 1.0.0.3.

Thanks for your patience.
  13. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Several automatic updates have been released since SimXperience Commander 1.0.0.2. When you start the Commander, you will be prompted to install the new updates automatically.

@MasterYoda - This update should make the autoscan functionality useful to those not using a c: drive. Please let me know how this works out for you.
  14. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Sorry Bernard, but I got an error msg trying to update the Cmdr:
    installerror.JPG

I have Dx 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) installed.
    Does it mean I need something newer than that?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Erick
  15. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I will check into this dependency tonight. This assembly is being used to determine what game controllers are installed so that we can have customized functionality for each steering wheel type.

This is the first attempt at deploying this. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  16. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Corrected and available via automatic update. Thanks for the feedback!
  17. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks!

I'll test it at my first opportunity.

Cheers,

Erick
  18. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Bernard,

Still same issue here.

No motion, when I alt+tab from the track, the open plugin assistant is selcted, no plugin.
    I can hear a chime, I believe the Profiler is trying to open the Plugin Assistant, indeed.
    It may not have been able to correlate the fsd to the game.
    But the Assistant is NOT visible to me.

I tried to send my setting to the cmdr support using the new button, but it said, not yet implemented.

Let me know if you need additional details.

Thanks.

Erick
  19. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Strange. I am stil lunable to reproduce this problem, and haven't received any other issue reports. I would appreciate as much detail as possible.

1.) Have you changed ANY X-Sim options / settings since the Commander was installed?

2.) If you place an FSD file on your desktop, does it have the icon of the Force Sender (lightning bolt over a PC I believe)?

3.) If you double click the FSD file on the desktop, does everything start properly?

4.) If you are familiar and comfortable with regedit.exe, then please export your entire X-Sim registry key (by right clicking on it and selecting export) and send it to me. It is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\X-Sim.

5.) Are your file associations correct in the control panel? If you set the file association for FSD files incorrectly (for example to notepad) then your PC will be unable to properly launch FSD files.

6.) Have you mistakenly modified the X-Sim Autoscan section name for the game in quesiton from the Commander settings tab?
  20. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    1. No x-Sim options changed at all.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. But, for the fact that as I reported before, the integration with a profile does not work. If I start the profiler manually, everything works fine.

4. Find it attached.
    xSim.zip

5. See items 2 and 3.

6. No. The game starts fine, is detected ok, profiler is running, just the plugin inside the Sender that is not being selected correctly.

Cheers,

Erick