1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimXperience Commander For X-Sim Nearing Beta Stage

Discussion in 'News' started by bvillersjr, Feb 23, 2009.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

In preparation for the initial Beta Testing release ( July 1st 2009 at 9:00pm EST) of the SimXperience Commander for X-Sim core functionality, I have prepared a high-resolution video tutorial that covers installation and basic use.

The first Beta test version of the software will NOT include any of the following advanced features:
    -Car Setup Sharing
    -Logitech G25 Profiles Sharing
    -Voice Chat (accomodates groups talking over each other)
    -Text Chat
    -Automatic vehicle or Mod Mapping for Race/ 07 / GTRE
    -Transfer of Actuator Speed/Acceleration with profiles
    -Quick Adjustment for profile sensitivity
    -Track Downloads
    -Vehicle Downloads
    -Online Race Finder and one-click join to Team X-Sim server

The initial Beta WILL include the following core functionality:
    -SimXperience Quick Start Wizard (Installs and configures X-Sim properly for SCN5 use in under 5 minutes!)
    -Quick Launch Buttons
    -Profile Sharing (upload and download)
    -Automated removal of program settings from profiles to prevent incompatible settings from being imported.
    -Some X-Sim management features
    -Assignment of rFactor Mods and Vehicles to a Quick Launch Button

In the first version of the Beta, the goal is to get enough installations that the core of the software is proven to be stable on a variety of PC's and operating systems and to gather feedback about the usefullness of the tool. Once the core has been proven stable, I will begin releasing advanced features for beta testing.

You can see the Getting Started Video for the Commander here: http://www.simxperience.com/files/S.../GettingStartedWithSimXperienceCommander.html

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: You will notice that the test version of the Commander includes version 2.0.7.1 of the X-Sim software. I am working now to test the latest version for stability. Once it has been determined to be stable, I will update the Quick Start Wizard to automatically install the newer version.

EDIT: The SimXperience Commander Beta will be made available at 9:00PM EST on July 1st 2009 at the following URL: http://www.simxperience.com/OurSoftware/SimXperienceCommander/tabid/57/Default.aspx

Attached Files:

2. XRiccardo

XRiccardo New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    :thbup:
    excellent tutorial!!!

I am candid to be a beta tester ;D

I will be on vacation from July 06 to July 22 ....

I hope that my return will begin to experience with the great SimXcommander ..... or before 06 July.

:thx:
    :hi:
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The SimXperience Commander For X-Sim Beta will be released today (July 1st 2009) at 9:00pm EST. You will find the dowload link and important installation notes here: http://www.simxperience.com/OurSoftware/SimXperienceCommander/tabid/57/Default.aspx NOTE: The download link will not be enabled until 9:00pm EST.

Anyone who is willing to give this add-on software for X-Sim a try and report back the results is greatly appreciated!!! There is no possible way for me to test all possible configurations on my own, so your input is needed!

The Commander has had some initial testing on XP 32-bit Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit all with SCN5 actuator based systems. It is believed that the Commander will operate properlly with other simulator types, but we need some Beta testers!

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES:

-The Commander currently includes X-Sim 2.0.7.1. I am working to get a version ready with the latest version of X-Sim. For now, it is best if you completely uninstall X-Sim before installing the Commander. However, if someone would like to try testing without removing other versions of X-Sim, that would be great information to have.

-The Commander requires Microsoft's .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 (this is Microsofts most advanced and current additions to Windows XP and Vista. This is how I am able to achieve the advanced user interface that the Commander provides. If you would like to get a head start, you can install this Framework now at:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en. If you do not have the framework installed and you do not install it from the above link, the SimXperience Commander setup application will install it for you.

EDIT: The .Net Framework and SimXperience Commander should be installed on the same PC as your games and the Force Sender if you are using a multi-pc simulator configuration. The SimXperience Commander has not been tested in this configuration, but was designed to accomodate it. Multi-PC simulator owners will need to un-check the 'Single PC Setup' checkbox option in the SimXperience Commander Settings. Otherwise, the Commander will attempt to start the profiler on your gaming PC.

Attached Files:

4. XRiccardo

XRiccardo New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great!!

.....cut
    Anyone who is willing to give this add-on software for X-Sim a try and report back the results is greatly appreciated!!!
    ...cut

Ok!
    A question:
    I have two pc. One that controls the actuators and the other where there is rFactor and force sender. I install the commander where is rFactor and force sender. Right?
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I edited my earlier post to include your answer. http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/sim...x-sim-nearing-beta-stage-t1416-20.html#p17028
  6. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Berney,

i will offer my next results asap. Bet you for some patience. I hope in the meantime, more users will give you testing results from diffent system configurations to be able to declare the core stable.

Thanks in advance for your efforts.
  7. XRiccardo

XRiccardo New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tried the commander. Very useful and convenient. There are small problems.
    A)In full-screen mode buttons are too big. I use a matrox triple head to go. In normal window mode are proportional.
    B) is a bit difficult to reconstruct the paths of the programs. I rfactor I installed on another partition and is not shown automatically and x-sim software too.
    C) the velocity of actuators must be manually adjusted according to the profile you load?
    D) Plug-ins x-sim could be installed automatically in the game plugins?
    E) Wich username and password must be used to find profiles on-line?

For now these are my first impressions.
    I really like your commander and thanks again!
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I designed for the buttons to be adjustable. There is already a user setting for this in the config file. I will add the option to the user interface soon.

I considered adding a search function that checked all hard drives, but I thought that it would be too slow. Would you prefer a complete hard drive search, or a popup file open window so that you can browse yourself?
    This is one of the advanced features that I will release after the core is stable. The Commander will have the ability to set actuator speed and acceleration values when loading a motion profile. Also, please disregard the profiles that are currently in the database. They are VERY old and not that good. I threw them out there while testing. Next weekend I will add some good profiles to the database. Feel free to upload any of your own that you are pleased with.
    I don't understand your question.
    Please use your SimXperience.com account for both the website and the Commander software.
  9. XRiccardo

XRiccardo New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I personally prefer popupfile open

.... the plugins that should be copied into the rFactor software ...... other stuff/xsimplugin.dll to rfactor/plugins/

Thanks very very much for your patience!!!!!!!!

Goods work!!! :thx:
  10. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where would you prefer the feedback posted? Is this the thread?

I will post a bunch tomorrow.
  11. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    WOW!
    This sounds amazing...

So much things have changed since I last played! LOL

Cheers,

MY
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Thanks for taking the time to review the Commander. Bugs are expected at this stage in the software's life-cycle. I prefer to air them openly, so that others may benefit from knowledge of any issues that you may encounter. I also prefer to air feature requests openly because often times, if a feature is a good idea, others will chime in and agree which tells me how to prioritize.

For now, please use this thread for your observations. In the future, I may start a thread for Commander Bug Reports and Feature Requests.
  13. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Berny,

Maybe we also could use the tracker for bug requests:
    tracker.php

You will notified about new bugs autimatically and it is is a powerful tool for developers...when it is used :)
  14. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Thanks RaceRay,

I think it would be great to allow users to report SimXperience Commander Community Edition bugs here in the X-Sim bug tracker.

@cxcsimulations - Please post your feedback here until we have this bug reporting mechanism ready.
  15. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Opened a bug tracker section here:
    tracker.php?p=6

Hope its helpful.

regards
    René
  16. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very helpful. Thanks René :)

I have posted my first batch of Bugs and Feature requests there.

Fantastic bit of software BTW Berney! :)
  17. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Bernard,

During installation is is saying I don't have or have an old x-Sim.
    Actually I have the last 2.1.0.2.
    I didn't go fwd as it wanted me to install x-Sim again and I don't want to mess up with the current installation.

What should I do?

Thanks.

MY
  18. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Please read this post, and it will explain: http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/sim...x-sim-nearing-beta-stage-t1416-20.html#p17028.

In short, I had too many problems with 2.0.0.1 to use it with the Commander software. 2.0.0.2 just came out and I am testing with it now, but have not yet determined if it is as stable as 2.0.7.1, which is the version that is currently distributed with the Commander. On the website that you downloaded the Commander from, there is a setup notes section next to the download button that says: It is recommended that you completely remove X-Sim from your PC before installing the SimXperience Commander for X-Sim.

There is a good reason why this is recommended. Currently, users cannot share profiles and get the exact same feel because all of their settings are different. By allowing the Commander to install and configure X-Sim, Commander users will have a common configuration and profile sharing will become a much better experience.

Once I have fully tested 2.1.0.2, I will create a new distribution of the Commander which includes that version. However, please don't hold your breath. I have been having some stability issues with it on Vista. As soon as I discover a common denominatior or way to consistently reproduce the crash, I will notify SirNoName with details, and I'm sure that a fix will follow.

:cheers:
  19. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The next release of the SimXperience Commander Beta (1.0.0.1) will be 1-2weeks from today. I have decided to add globally unique identifiers to each data item created by users (buttons, motion profiles, G25 profiles, etc..). By doing this, we will be able to reduce the number of duplicate entries in the online motion profile database and also allow users to subscribe to notifications about updates to motion profiles that they are using.

This is a major change to the underlying data storage portions of the Comander, which is why the 1-2 week delay. All currently listed bugs will also be addressed in 1.0.0.1.

The first advanced feature (Logitech G25 profile sharing) will also be introduced at this time.

:cheers:
  20. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, Bernard!

I will stay with 2.1 as this has proven to be more stable than the older versions, at least for me on XP.
    As soon as you have updated the commander, I will be glad to test and use it.

Isn't it possible to leave it open, like we just tell where x-Sim is installed and the commander will use any version?

Thanks.

Erick