1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Simu with REDUCE for 2 SCN5 (simxperience)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by jolili, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    As I mentioned in my email response an hour or so earlier, the SX-3000 will operate correctly on European or US voltage 110V-240V.

As specified on the 150mm Motion Starter Kit web page, the SX-3000 ships with a U.S. power plug. The cord is a standard PC style cord. This is done because it is not possible to cost effectively obtain power cords for all countries. It is better to obtain the standard PC power cord locally. Alternatively, you can use an adapter 220V to 110V.

You can see this here: http://www.simxperience.com/Store/tabid ... fault.aspx

The text Requires standard IEC power cord (US cord included) means that you need to provide a standard PC power cord if you are not in the US.

The text Operates on US or European Voltage is self explanatory I hope.
  2. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

just by a German Kaltgerätestecker like I did :D Works perfectly...

@Bernard
    looking forward to your presentation of your new sim designs :clap:
  3. devildevil

devildevil New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    many thanks for your answer,
    I've also read, but European standards is not always 220 volts as in Germany.
    therefore wanted to know whether someone has connected to 220 volt.
    I do not want to ruin the device and there is no stress on the body as it really should be.

So you think I can take a network cable from the PC and the device operated with 220 volt?
  4. devildevil

devildevil New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Henning Piez,

was meinst du mit einem kaltgerätestecker?
    kann ich einfach ein anderes kabel vom pc nehmen und mit 220 volt betreiben???
    es steht ja nichts auf dem gehäuse,welche spannung und so.
    es steht zwar in der beschreibung,das es der europäischen norm entspricht,aber ich möchte es auch nicht zerschießen.
    kannst du mir da weiterhelfen,wo ich ein solchen stecker herbekomme?.
    vielen dank

@ Henning Piez,

what do you mean by a rubber connector?
    can I just take another cable from the PC and operate with 220 volt?
    there is nothing on the housing, which voltage and such.
    Although it is in the description that it conforms to European standards, but I would not shoot.
    can you help me there, where I'm bitter This plug?.
    many thanks
  5. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ...you can use an adapter 220V to 110V.

Operates on US or European Voltage

The text Requires standard IEC power cord (US cord included) means that you need to provide a standard PC power cord if you are not in the US.

From your own post:
    Although it is in the description that it conforms to European standards.....

Is it really that hard to understand?

THE SX-3000 WILL WORK ON ALL HOUSEHOLD VOLTAGES AROUND THE WORLD.
  6. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think he is just being extra cautious (especially since English is not his native language).

devildevil - Yes, you can use the same power cable you use with your computer to power the SX-3000. No further adjustment is necessary. The power supply is automatic and will adjust.
  7. devildevil

devildevil New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @CXCSimulations

Thank you for this informative,
    I risked it again.
    lg.
    devil devil

but with the European standard is not always volt 220th
    in Germany must be on the device, or it even may not be distributed.
  8. jolili

jolili New Member

Astronomie, helico RC, music ....
    Balance:
    415Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :hi:
    Pour ma part, j'ai branché un câble standard pour PC et après ça a fonctionné tout de suite. :D
    L'avantage du système SX3000 (simXperience) c'est qu'il est plug and play !! Pas de bidouille d'électronique à construire c'est génial !
    J'ai, cependant, un petit doute: J'ai trois clés USB/WIFI (de marques différentes ) qui sont mortes au moment du branchement du câble USB du boitier SX3000 vers mon PC! Est-ce une coïncidence ou y a t'il un problème de compatibilité ??? Si quelqu'un pouvait m'éclairer sur le sujet, Merci.
    Je n'ose plus mettre de clé WIFI (j'ai déjà essayé tous les ports de ma machine...) de peur qu'elle ne me lâche à nouveau. En attendent, j'ai un câble qui traverse mon salon et c'est pas très cool.

MERCI

I connected up a standard cable for PC and after this worked right away. :D
    The advantage of the system SX3000 (simXperience) to be it's plug and play!! Not of it fiddle of electronics to be constructed, it's brilliant!
    I have a small doubt, however: I have three keys USB / WIFI (Of different marks(brands) ) which died at the time of the connection of the cable USB-SX3000 in my computer! Is it a coincidence or has a problem of compatibility you it there??? If somebody could light me on subject, Thank you.
    I do not dare to put any more key WIFI (I have already tested all the USB of my computer) for fear that it drops me again. Wait from it, I have a cable which crosses my living room and it is not very cool.

THANK YOU

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    There are no known issues with the SX-3000 other USB devices. It conforms to all of the typical USB standards and the driver, etc.. has been certified by the Windows Hardware Quality Labs.

Each PC has a limited amount of power that it can supply to the USB bus. The SX-3000 will draw a maximum of 500ma per actuator per the USB standard. Your extra long cable could be causing it to draw even more power. I wouldn't recommend a cable longer than 10ft. If you do use a cable this long, it should be a very good quality cable.

Also, you may be overloading your PC's internal USB hub with a larger power requirement than it can handle. If you are, a cheap powered USB hub may solve your issue. Do not plug the SX-3000 into the hub, only directly injto the PC. If you run it from a hub, it must compete with other devices for USB bandwidth.

Also, if your cable is warm, it is probably defective! If you have it strung across your living room and people walk on it, you can easily damage a cable. Try it with the 6ft cable that we ship the product with. It is a quality cable.
  10. jolili

jolili New Member

Balance:
    415Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :rofl:
    Merci bvillersjr,

C'est bon, tout fonctionne à merveille. Je n'ai plus de problème depuis que j'ai branché mon SX3000 directement sur mon USB carte mère.

Thank you bvillersjr,

It's good, everything works in marvel. I do not have problem anymore since I connected up my SX3000 directly on y USB mother card !!! COOL !!!

:sos: Je cherche une configuration pour faire fonctionner mon système en version avion sur IL2 1946 et Wings of prey.
    Merci de m'aider...

I search a shape to make work my system in version plane on IL2 1946 and Wings of prey .
    Thank you for helping me...

Bonne année à tous !!!!
    Good year at all !!!!
    :cheers:
  11. rolandcube

rolandcube New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Jolili,

I love your concept, and let me think which construction i need to build
    The nice thing on you system is the dimension, the total length is 50cm shorter then
    the traditional builds ( simxpierence ) clones :)

I receive my actuators SCN5 150mm a week ago from Bernard (bvillersjr).Thanks for the quick delivery.

Is there anyone who can tell me which of the two sim give the best simulation experience.
    I`m not starting with building. I could go on all sides. :sos:

Regards,

Pascal
  12. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Define best simulation experience.

A simulator that moves wheel and pedals with you need more travel to be as effective as a seat mover with the same actuators. In a seat mover set up you don't need a lot of movement to have very strong effects.

Just as with everything, you have to make compromises. My personal advice is to go with a seat mover, you will get more for your money.
  13. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The simulation experience would be null no matter what kind of simulator type you are using without a good motion profile ... And yes, weight is crucial for fast and strong mouvement possibilities. The more weight you will add the less response you will get from the actuators ... With the feeling I get from my actual design, I wouldn't add any more weight stress to my 2x 150mm actuators ...

Bleco
  14. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Thats a good point. Also, the fact that there are many good motion profiles available for 2DOF seat movers and not for this design may make the seat mover a wise choice for anyone starting out.

It's early to be sure, but actuator life in this configuration is likely to be affected.
  15. jolili

jolili New Member

Balance:
    415Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ;D
    Je note le temps de fonctionnement de ma config.
    Mon systeme fonctionne depuis 43heures et pour le moment, tout va bien.
    Je vous dirai ce qu'il en est dans le temps mais à mon avis, les SCN5 sont bien protégés ...

I note the time of functioning of my config.
    My systeme works for the 43 hours and for the time being, everything goes well.
    I'll say to you what it's in time but in my view, SCN5 there is good protected ...
  16. rolandcube

rolandcube New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jolili, what or you thinking about the sim experience. Or have you changed the profiles for a better feeling.
    Do you test a seat mover before you build your concept !!! and is there a big difference

Gr. Pascal
  17. jolili

jolili New Member

Balance:
    415Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i have changed the profiles for a better feeling. I have never testing seat mover (simxperience, frex...) but i wanted that the set(group) moves, without screens.
    FOR ME, is the best but FOR ME !!
    At this level there, the sensation is very personal and subjective.
    SimXperience it's ideal for those who cannot build their system. It's plug and play !!.
    It's a pity they did not still make compact system (with seat, pedal system and steering wheel which move) :tape:
  18. thejester09

thejester09 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    plop a seat mover on top of this design...im doin it!
  19. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What is good is how the steering wheel is reacting and bouncing up and down /same as the seat.

this make everyone want it :)
  20. jolili

jolili New Member

Balance:
    415Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :hi:
    Une petite vidéo pour fêter les 100 heures de fonctionnement.
    Rien a signaler pour le moment !!
    Au 200 heures ...

A small video to celebrate 100 hours of functioning.
    Nothing to report for the time !!
    In 200 hours...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP63R97SbMk