1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. spikedbat

spikedbat New Member

Balance:
    54Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6
    I'm having a problem with v3 that when it launches iracing from simtools, it tries to launch it through Stream.
    I don't run iracing from Steam, I didn't even know the two were connected. Is there a way to get simtools to launch iracing directly not through Steam?
    I can't figure out how to change any launch settings.
    If I load iRacing, then go back into v3 and click play on iracing the motion does come alive. So really this isn't a major problem for me, but just a small issue with launching iracing.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. dgiatr

dgiatr Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    163Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    yobuddy
    Can you give any help with the problem I have?

Thank you.
  3. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,287Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    To update a launch path for a game plugin, simply drag and drop the games exe or shortcut on the banner for the given game plugin.
    [​IMG]

Take care!
    yobuddy
  4. Deups

Deups New Member

Balance:
    40Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    No i allready use this port and work for SimtoolsV3 ans Simhub
    But for some time now, it hasn't worked anymore, and I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the plungin.... With Iracing it's the 2 simus that no longer work!
    upload_2024-5-21_21-12-38.png
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,287Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    I'm still trying to understand all you wrote is all, my guess is that sway and roll rate are essentially canceling each other out. It would be worth making your axis total 100% max so we can eliminate any clipping in the tests.

Then I suggest you open the Virtual Output window, and select the Sliders virtual plugin. (install if needed)
    (This way you can see the individual inputs and the end result of the output axis)
    Then in axis assignments, click the 'Test Settings' button and move the roll rate and sway sliders to check for output.
    (You can also check the output results in the Virtual Output window)
    Maybe check if roll rate and sway are moving on opposite directions.
    Let me know how it goes,
    yobuddy
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,287Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    The plugin uses port 4123, so if you don't have simhub forwarding the packets back to 4123, then there is no way for the simtools plugin to work.

IRacing made an update which is causing problems with even the v2 plugin that has been around for literately years. What we have found so far, is if all your using is IRacing and SimTools, then the plugin works just fine.

But if multiple apps are collecting data from the IRacing memory mapped file, it seems like some apps never get any data. I have a couple of reports of this happening when you add 'fanalab' into the mix. But I bet other app combinations could cause problems also. like SimtoolsV3 and Simhub for example. We are still investigating the situation, and that's all we can really do at this time.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  7. dgiatr

dgiatr Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    163Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your time yobuddy.

I suspect now the problem appeared due to a probable mistake I have done in the Arduino code. It's about the parameter :
    kPosAndNeg[kActuatorCount], which I will change from zero to one for the servos that produce roll rate movement. I will let you know....
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 22, 2024
  8. Gerardo Rivera

Gerardo Rivera New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    112Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Rich,

I deleted the old simconnects installed prepard3D and check still no motion, deleted the prepard3D and installed MSFS/FSX and only motion on MSFS
  9. admarper

admarper New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hello, has someone already tried the new P3D V6 on simtools v3? I can no get communications between them.

[​IMG]

I have already tried the solution of "retail" and run SimConnect.msi.
    I have also check that there is no problem with firewall.
    I need some help,
    Thanks.
    Last edited: May 23, 2024
  10. Gimenez37

Gimenez37 New Member

Balance:
    14Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    Hello good.
    The movement does not work for me in the njmotion compac r, in the iracing since the last updates.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2024
  11. Deups

Deups New Member

Balance:
    40Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks for the answers but it still doesn't work. Even when redirecting the port to Simhub, the platform reacts but does nothing coherent!

[​IMG]
  12. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,287Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    Your redirecting the packets from SimHub to SimTools with the page your showing above. Therefor the port in the game settings needs to be 20777 for SimHub. I can't tell you if simhub is doing anything to the data, but the plugin is working just fine here without using other software. I mean you have even had it working at one point, so we know the plugin works fine. To me It sounds like you just need to refine your axis assignments, as your getting something from the game now.

We believe IRacing introduced a bug in their last update that may be tied to their new anti-cheat system. it seems whenever you use more that one app to collect data from the game, it can cause problems that causes the connecting apps to get nothing but blank data. However when using IRacing with just SimTools it works every time and we can not get it to error. So if you are using other apps that collect data, you may have to shut them down to get a reliable startup from the game for now.
  13. ProjectF1

ProjectF1 Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    I had the same problem as you, I went through simhub to send the data to Simtools and my simulator had inconsistent movements when I was driving on F1 23.... I therefore sent the data from the PS5 directly to Simtools and the simulator responded perfectly to the movements.
    On the other hand, to be able to use Simhub (display of the dashboard on a phone) I use the data transfer from Simtools to simhub: I now have a display problem on my phone, it displays a bit of nonsense!...
  14. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,287Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    This can happen when the two apps expect a different years API for the output telemetry. (Codemasters seems to update the telemetry every year) Anyway, the SimTools plugin works with both 2023 and also 2022 output from the game, thou it defaults to 2023, it may also be worth trying 2022, as it could be what SimHub expects.
    Take care!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bjarte Myklebust

Bjarte Myklebust New Member

Balance:
    47Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi,

I'm using simtools V3 beta with UDP interface to the motion controller.
    When running assetto corsa for around half a lap, simtools do send some irratic motion cues.
    It does look like it pauses for several seconds, before updating the interface.
    Then simtools dies. (No error messages, the software is just gone)

When I do start simtools again, there are no errors in the graphical error log.
    Try running some more (without restarting assetto corsa), and the fps in the headset is irratic.
    Reboot the computer, and the same thing does happen.
    This is happening even if I do stop the motors on the motion platform.

I do have a clean installed Win 11 computer with AM5 7950X3d and a 4090 graphics card.

Is there any hidden error logs I can look into?

Added error log from windows 11.

BR, Bjarte

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2024
  16. admarper

admarper New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    No solution for P3D for now?
    Regards.
  17. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,287Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    SimTools update posted (Now with support for the Video Ride Player for v3) :thumbs
    You should update SimTools to the newest version before installing the plugin.
    VideoRidePlayer_Banner.jpg
    https://simtools.us/plugin/?varname=1526&color=0e97dd

VRP.png

We will take a look at it next week buddy.
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 31, 2024
  18. FoxHound.92

FoxHound.92 2DOF seat mover Gold Contributor

Balance:
    56Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi all, finally trying to test out SimTools Beta v3 to get all the spicy new game plugins.
    For me it is not working unfortunatly.

Tried all the same Interface settings but nothing moves at all even when testing output.
    Added firewall exception already.

Here are my settings compared to Simtolls v2.6:

upload_2024-6-1_14-54-41.png
  19. FoxHound.92

FoxHound.92 2DOF seat mover Gold Contributor

Balance:
    56Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    After changing the Interface settings from the official manual to mine it works.

Difference: "<Axis1a>" vs. "[A<Axis1a>]"
    Is the manual outdated in that regard?
  20. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,287Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    What official manual buddy? It looks like your using the SMC3 sketch with the normal settings.