1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,288Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    @Thierry59191,
    If I remember correctly, the demo does not send telemetry, but I don't have a vr setup handy to test the demo at the moment. Hopefully someone else can chime in on the subject who knows for sure.

@apcb,
    I have not see anyone else with this problem, so it makes me think its a permission problem. It seems the installer can't download, or unzip and launch the file. (thou not being able to download is more likely I think.) Are you online when trying to install? As the installer simply downloads the current version and launches the installer.

You could try right clicking the installer and select "Run as Administer" and see what happens.
    (thou that should really not be needed.)
  2. josemanuelrm26

josemanuelrm26 my 2dof

Balance:
    - 13Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello, I have installed the game, I have completed a race, the game is on the EA platform but it does not let me install the Simtools v3 plugin, it tells me that the directory is not correct.
    Do you know what could be missing?
    The thing about completing a race is in formula 2, I have completed 1 lap and saved.
    thank you
  3. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,288Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    If it tells you that the directory is not correct for patching, most likely you trying to patch the game in the wrong spot is all, but we need to know what game plugin your trying to install, and where you are trying to patch the game to help you further buddy.
    Chat soon!
  4. josemanuelrm26

josemanuelrm26 my 2dof

Balance:
    - 13Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello thanks Hello, I was trying to patch the installation directory and I didn't realize that it patches the saved games directory..thanks!!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gerardo Rivera

Gerardo Rivera New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    112Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    sim was working fine after update now back to no motion. When test got motions.

thanks,

gerardo

Attached Files:

6. Grand Strate

Grand Strate New Member

Balance:
    - 57Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Good morning Michael
    Thank you for your message. So I'm not the only one, that doesn't surprise me.
    I still haven't found the solution to my problem, it's strange that it's after the arrival of simtools 3.
    I have exactly the same problem with EA WRC. This is starting to frustrate me, I hope someone can help us.
  7. Grand Strate

Grand Strate New Member

Balance:
    - 57Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Like you, I use a G2 reverb, after all I don't think there is a link with the headset
  8. Andrew M

Andrew M P_H_O_3_N_I_X Gold Contributor

IT Chief Programmer / CTO
    Balance:
    573Coins
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello, I have the same issue like other users with DCS in SimTools v3,there is no input data. I think that it might be an issue with v3 plugin itself, because when I use Simtools 2.6 [ and patch it ], then it normally works and there is a motion. I have couple of games and all of them works in Simtools v3, only DCS does not. I have export.lua in script folder of course installed [ tried removing, installing multiple times, reinstalling, etc ] no other lua in DCS save folder. There must be a plugin issue IMHO.
  9. Gerardo Rivera

Balance:
    112Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I did a new install still issue with Prepard3D and FSX no motion MSFS been working fine even after updates.
  10. JayMonkey

JayMonkey New Member

Balance:
    46Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    @yobuddy,

Hi, have recently installed the Simtools V3 beta and I have to say it's looking and working great.
    Love the new GUI and the fact that all elements are now in one app makes thing simpler and smoother.
    Having a repo for the add-on's and plug-ins as well as being able to push updates is a fantastic feature.

I just have one question ...

Is there a way to start SimTools minimized to the tool bar .. similar to the default behavior of Simtools V2
    Would be good if there was an setting for this in the options screen.

I tried using DisplayFusion to move SimTools to my secondary screen but it seems that the app does not play well with display fusion ... possibly because its missing a minimize button ?

Have only tested V3 with Assetto Corsa but so far the results are very good. The new layout for Axis mapping makes much more sense and being able to rename each axis also makes things more streamlined.

Keep up the fantastic work.
    Cheers
    Jay
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2024
  11. Michael Pleym

Michael Pleym Member

Balance:
    222Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thank you Grand Strate and Andrew M for your responses in this tread.

I have now tried to reinstall my whole DCS-location on my computer with no joy. Took me I while since I first uninstalled/deleted DCS from my computer and downloaded a new copy of the web.exe program. A whole new installation that needed to be reconfigurated from start.

Meaningless work from my side, since the motion still doesn't work. I'm sick and tired of this now and thinking of returning my motion platform to the seller. I have still have time of my guarantee left.

Sad because it works really well in my racing simulators and I'm very happy with it in every other aspect.

But DCS, that's another story.

I will probably look for another platform that is not dependent on SimTools. Seems they are not able to fix this problem. Not much of support either. Can't recommend them for motion platforms if you are a flight simmer.

Michael Pleym
  12. Michael Pleym

Michael Pleym Member

Balance:
    222Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    New Export.lua file with new installation of DCS and new installation of DCS plugin (V3 edition ofc) to SimTools.

"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Export plugin for SimTools V3
    -- Version 1.0
    -- Export start
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Myfunction =
    {
    Start=function(self)
    package.path = package.path..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.lua"
    package.cpath = package.cpath..";.\\LuaSocket\\?.dll"
    socket = require("socket")
    my_init = socket.protect(function()
    -- export telemetry to SimTools
    IP = "127.0.0.1"
    Port = 41230
    c = socket.udp ( )
    c:settimeout ( 0 )
    c:setpeername ( IP, Port )
    end)
    my_init()
    end,
    AfterNextFrame=function(self)
    --local altRad = LoGetAltitudeAboveGroundLevel()
    local pitch, bank, yaw = LoGetADIPitchBankYaw()
    local accel = LoGetAccelerationUnits()
    local omega = LoGetAngularVelocity()
    -- reduce forces on ground
    -- if altRad < 3 then
    -- accel.x = accel.x * 0.25
    -- accel.y = accel.y * 0.25
    -- accel.z = accel.z * 0.25
    -- end

--Weight On Wheels?
    local LeftGear = LoGetAircraftDrawArgumentValue(6)
    local NoseGear = LoGetAircraftDrawArgumentValue(1)
    local RightGear = LoGetAircraftDrawArgumentValue(4)
    local OnGround = 0

--OnGround status is determined by the compression of ANY gear strut
    if (LeftGear > 0 or NoseGear > 0 or RightGear > 0)then
    OnGround = 1
    end

local slot_roll = bank
    local slot_pitch = pitch
    local slot_yaw = yaw
    local slot_heave = accel.y
    local slot_sway = accel.z
    local slot_surge = accel.x
    local slot_roll_rate = omega.x
    local slot_pitch_rate = omega.z
    local slot_yaw_rate = omega.y
    local slot_aoa = LoGetAngleOfAttack()
    local slot_ias = LoGetIndicatedAirSpeed()
    local slot_rpm = 0
    local slot_onground = OnGround
    my_send = socket.protect(function()
    if c then--
    --socket.try(c:send(string.format("%.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f;\n", pitch, bank, yaw, accel.x, accel.y, accel.z)))
    --socket.try(c:send(string.format("%.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %.4f; %d; \n", slot_roll, slot_pitch, slot_yaw, slot_heave, slot_sway, slot_surge, slot_roll_rate, slot_pitch_rate, slot_yaw_rate, slot_aoa, slot_ias, slot_rpm, slot_onground)))
    socket.try(c:send(string.format("%f; %f; %f; %f; %f; %f; %f; %f; %f; %f; %f; %f; %d; \n", slot_roll, slot_pitch, slot_yaw, slot_heave, slot_sway, slot_surge, slot_roll_rate, slot_pitch_rate, slot_yaw_rate, slot_aoa, slot_ias, slot_rpm, slot_onground)))
    end
    end)
    my_send()
    end,
    Stop=function(self)
    my_close = socket.protect(function()
    if c then
    c:close()
    end
    end)
    my_close()
    end
    }
    -- =============
    -- Overload
    -- =============
    -- Works once just before mission start.
    do
    local PrevLuaExportStart=LuaExportStart
    LuaExportStart=function()
    Myfunction:Start()
    if PrevLuaExportStart then
    PrevLuaExportStart()
    end
    end
    end
    -- Works just after every simulation frame.
    do
    local PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame=LuaExportAfterNextFrame
    LuaExportAfterNextFrame=function()
    Myfunction:AfterNextFrame()
    if PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame then
    PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame()
    end
    end
    end
    -- Works once just after mission stop.
    do
    local PrevLuaExportStop=LuaExportStop
    LuaExportStop=function()
    Myfunction:Stop()
    if PrevLuaExportStop then
    PrevLuaExportStop()
    end
    end
    end"

---

What did I miss?

Michael Pleym
  13. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,288Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,046 / 17 / -0
    Hi @Andrew M,
    I can't think of any other reason why v2 would work, and not work in v3 besides possibly firewall permission settings? We can give this theory a test by changing the port the plugin uses to the normal 4123 port that SimTools v3 usually uses for game plugins.

For anyone that wants to try out this test DCS plugin, please remove the DCS plugin you may have currently installed in SimTools v3. Then restart SimTools v3, and drag-drop this test plugin into the SimTools gui to install.

Attached Files:

14. Gerardo Rivera

Balance:
    112Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    After V3 simtools update Msfs2020 works fine with motions but lost miscrosoft FSX and Prepard3D motions

Attached Files:

15. Thierry59191

Thierry59191 New Member

Balance:
    156Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
  16. richdelta9

richdelta9 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    8,842Coins
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    @Andrew M, @Grand Strate, @Michael Pleym

Please note that this is a beta thread, which means that SimTools v3 is still in the testing phase. We are not able to recreate the issue here is why we have not been able to find the cause of the issue you describe with the DCS plugin.

I have conformation from a user that lost communication from the DCS plugin and was able to get it to work again using the following steps making some firewall rules in their Windows installation.

The steps they took to get data to come in again:
    1. Install DCS plugin (according recommended steps)
    2. Set Windows firewall exceptions for SimTools (inbound and outbound traffic, tcp and udp, all ports)
    3. Set Windows firewall exceptions for DCS - also inbound and outbound traffic, tcp and udp, all ports - according my opinion this was the elementary issue - you have to be sure you add proper exe file
    4. Restart PC

Without making the firewall rules, you could also try the test DCS plugin above that uses the normal SimTools port 4123 instead of port 41230, as this should be using a port that already has permissions associated to it.

Let us know how it goes,
    Rich
  17. richdelta9

Balance:
    8,842Coins
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Install these and see if this gets your movement back.

Attached Files:

18. Michael Pleym

Michael Pleym Member

Balance:
    222Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thank you Rich for your tips and suggestions. I will try them out, even though I ofc already have tried to install both plugins and SimTools and played them with my firewall completely off. I have even tried to turn off MS Defender when I did this. But I will try once again, now according to your step by step instruction and also trying with the alternative ports.

Very appreciated that you try to help us out!

Btw, did you possible had time to have a look at the content of my Export.lua file? Anything wrong there?

(Note that the format was changed when I copied the text to here.)

Kind regards

Michael
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
  19. richdelta9

Balance:
    8,842Coins
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I do not see anything wrong with the Export.lua file.
  20. Andrew M

Andrew M P_H_O_3_N_I_X Gold Contributor

IT Chief Programmer / CTO
    Balance:
    573Coins
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi @yobuddy - thank You for quick asnwer, I just tried this plugin but it doesn`t work, same as original with different port - when game launches my rig moves so it initiate as should but no movement inside the DCS game...
    • Informative Informative x 1