1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz Active Member

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    Sure, I'll take your advice... but I just reported the parameters I used with the old SimTools and everything worked very well before.
    Another thing: I set the actuators and did the tests by manually moving the various sliders... everything seems to work.
    Even when I launch the interface the actuators move and position themselves correctly, but if I try to launch iRacing nothing moves. I noticed that clicking on the triangle of the game icon opens Steam, but I use iRacing directly from the browser and not through Steam.
    What could be the problem that prevents movement?
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,215Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    My guess is auto profiling is on, and you have a blank profile?

You can change what launches for a game plugin by dragging the exe or shortcut over the banner of a game plugin in v3. drag and drop.
  3. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT
    sorry for changing the subject .... it may be that due to an update of simtools v3 all simtools v3 has been restarted and now at the moment of wanting to register it so that it stays in pro version it tells me that my license is expired
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,215Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    Please goto registration and click Activate
  5. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I keep throwing this poster Captura de pantalla 2022-10-04 210606.png
  6. bruno1210

bruno1210 schumi06

Balance:
    75Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello, impossible to validate my license too bad.

Attached Files:

7. gigi

gigi Active Member

Balance:
    901Coins
    Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK, 4DOF
    I confess that this new version of Simtools is creating several problems for me. I am sure that these are the mistakes of youth that will soon be resolved. We all have to be very grateful to the developers for their helpfulness and patience and I think the best way to do this is to be able to be patient and ask for help with grace knowing that there are many of us here and they are flooded with requests for help of all kinds.

My main problem is related to the activation of my license for V3 on the PC where I installed V2, but this is what Youbuddy is dealing with, whom I really thank for his availability and patience.

The other 2 problems I submit them in this thread hoping to find your support certain that among the users of the community there are those who will be able to find the solutionI premise that for my simulator I use the Thanos board AMC AASD15A - RGB V1.4. Simtools V3 currently in DEMO version

1) In simtools v3 interface plugin I have installed "AMC INTERFACES THANOS". At this point I enter "INTERFACE SETUP" and on "select plugin" I select AMC. As soon as I do this the screen shrinks and becomes very small on my screen. At this point I can't enlarge it anymore. To be able to return to the enlarged screen, uninstall simtools v3 and reinstall it again. In the screen settings the text scaling value suggested by the system is 300% and if I try to change this value, however, things do not change, after selecting the puglin AMC the simtools v3 screen is greatly reduced compared to what it was initially and the only way to get simtools v3 back to its initial size is to uninstall and reinstall it. The monitor used is a sony 55 "4k tv. I tried to download simtools v3 demo in my office pc where I use a 22" monitor and where the suggested and set text scaling value is 100% and here the problem does not exist presents.
    Here the video of the problem

2) If I go to "PUGLIN MANAGER" "ADDONS" and install the "AMC-AASD15A CONFIG TOOL" plugin, the error symbol appears at the top right. The error log is "ERROR INSTALLING FROM TEMP"
    I tried to use a different antivirus than the one that microsoft offers by default and I installed AVG free but the problem remains. I then tried to do the same thing on my office PC where I installed Kaspersky antivirus and here too the problem arises.
    Here the video of the problem

Thanks for the support you will give me
    gigi
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  8. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,215Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    Problem 1) will get fixed when i get the skinning done.
    Its a scaling issue is all.

Problem 2) is fixed, open SimTools and let it update and restart.
    Then you should be able to install the Addon.
    Take care!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gigi

gigi Active Member

Balance:
    901Coins
    Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK, 4DOF
    Thanks Youbuddy for your intervention. In the settings I saw that the update option does not include automatic mode but only "ask" or "never". Obviously I set "ask". Tonight I'll open it and see if it offers me an update. Or is it better if I uninstall and reinstall it by re-downloading it from simtools.us?

.....I answer myself knows only since I tried it on my pc in the office. I opened simtools v3 and immediately offered me update. After reboot I downloaded the AMC plugin again without errors. Great job Youbuddy. For the first problem I await your new ones but there is no rush
  10. David Gillett

David Gillett New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    57Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Excited to see V3 in beta. I’m using V2 and the msfs2020 plugin but don’t see it available for V3 yet. Is there a way to manually install a plugin like V2?
  11. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    hello sir sorry for bothering you sorry for driving you crazy with the questions...
    I wanted to know if there is any news about the licenses and the v3 version..
    ...I already sent the question twice to simtools support and they still haven't answered me...
    If it helps you, I wanted to tell you that I was using it without any problem until after an update of version v3 and after that it told me that my license had expired.
  12. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,215Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    w00t!

I'm afraid not, as they are not compatible.
  13. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I was able to activate my simtools 3 without any problem.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz Active Member

Balance:
    400Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6
    OK... following your advice and now everything works perfectly and finally there is also the movement.
    I only have a problem with the rear actuator dedicated to the loss of grip which seems to me to go the other way, i.e. if I swerve with the rear to the left the dynamic position should move the rear to the left, and should instead move to the right if I lose the rear to the right...
    Instead, the actuator always tends to move to the left in both situations :think
  15. Milt

Milt Member

Balance:
    32Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Just installed the Beta and it is working great! Unfortunately, SimHub doesn't seem to play well with Simtools V3 and Dirt Rally 2.0, at least for me. After installing the DR2 plugin in SimTools, SimHub says it can't find the DR2 telemetry. If I allow SimTools to fix the connection to DR2 then motion in SimTools is gone. I assume they're both vying for the same telemetry data stream... any fix or workaround?
  16. bruno1210

bruno1210 schumi06

Balance:
    75Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello, still activating my license, I installed simtools 2.5.3 and 2.5.5 but still no valice too bad.
  17. Sky Field

Sky Field New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 12Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    Hello, I was getting the error below when first attempting to register my DIY licence. I updated simtools 2.5.3 and then it let me register v3. It was working great and i loved it. I opened it up again today and got a prompt to update simtools v3. After saying yes I am now back to the demo version and cannot register my licence. I am given the errors below again. I have tried updating the old simtools to 2.5.5 with no luck.

upload_2022-10-7_23-17-25.png upload_2022-10-7_23-17-41.png

Thanks for any help/advice
  18. Racer54098

Racer54098 New Member

Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 4DOF
    Hi, same here. I have SimTools 2.5.1 and I installed v3 beta for testing it. I was able to activate it my licence and got it working really good, I was driving with DR2.0 and with AC. Today it was updated and now I'm in demo mode again. Was it meant to be?

My notes about V3 beta:
    Works great with my RacingCube
    Tuning is very intuitive to use
    GUI is easy to use
    Pluging downloading is great feature
    Logic with profiles needs some learning (or maybe it is working process issue). Can't write more about it, since I'm now in Demo mode and can't remeber all about the GUI. But this is only thing that got me little bit confused. Somehow I was able to create a profile with zero tuning values and not being able to change values. Gliders didn't allow for me to change them. But Default profiles glider works, though. My mistake somewhere.

PS: Am i just imagining or does V3 work smoother somehow? And even with low tuning settings? I was able to tune roll, pitch, heave to quite low values (to feel car chassis and bumps) and still DR2.0 in Finland felt really realistic but not violent at all even with big jumps. I was really happy with it! :)
    Amazing work so far, I have to say:thumbs
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NjMotion

NjMotion Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,500Coins
    Ratings:
    +261 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 6DOF
    The same thing happened to me today, but it activated me perfectly. Yes it gave me the same error as yours in the last update and after rebooting the PC it activated fine.
  20. gigi

gigi Active Member

Balance:
    901Coins
    Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK, 4DOF
    Now that my license has been activated, I am able little by little to deal with this new program. First of all, I find the pluglin addon AMC-ASD15A CONFIG TOOL very convenient, which does not allow me to modify some parameters of the Thanos board directly from the program and no longer from the board itself. In particular the spike filter and also the park position. great job guys. finally I can place my card in the box where the drivers are contained and manage it from the simtools panel. I have tried to configure a couple of games "racing trim" and "dirt2" and here too things seem to be going well. I don't know frankly if it's just my feeling influenced by the enthusiasm for this new program but I seem to have obtained a very pleasant setting with just a few steps and every single effect seems to be very distinct. Some things are still not clear to me. For example, in simtools v2 by opening game manager I disconnected the movement from the game with a simple button, thus being able to intervene on the movement parameters. On simtoolsv3 after turning off the movement the procedure to reactivate it is a little bit longer. I have to go to "home" click again on the game and then start the movement. Before on simtools v2 in game manager to deactivate and reactivate the movement it was enough a click in game managere. Maybe there is a shortcut I don't know about? Unfortunately I still can't compare with VIBE due to the problem I reported in another post here (number 1)
    the simtools screen is very small while the fonts are huge and I can't read and select them. The strange thing is that I have this problem only on the pc I use with the simulator on which I use a sony 55 "tv as monitor. On the notebook in which I have installed simtools v3 demo I am sure that the super Youbuddy will soon fix this problem too