1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    392Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    finally it works!
    5.00 am here and can't wait to test it lol
    thx again buddy!
    simtools error 3.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Thanks for hanging in there, let me know if you find any other problems.
    Take care!
    yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1
  3. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    392Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    little update from my test.
    so i try to play assetto and the simtools v3 doesn't detect my game as it should.
    i've done the setting and it works with testing in menu.
    but when i start the game it just wont work
    error new aseto 2.jpg error new aseto.jpg
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    You have auto profiling on for the game, please make sure the other profiles created have settings also.
    (Auto created profiles will copy the settings from the default profile for the game. but if the default one at the time did not have any settings, then the profile will be blank.)
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  5. zhai1987

zhai1987 Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor
    Do you have any brothers, make a video using Simtools V3, thank you!
  6. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    392Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    yeess it works!
    so basically I just have to save it to default setting.
    thank you sir! you're the man!
    love you! lol
    now I just have to fine tune my setting and try it on another game.
    cheers!!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Or you can turn off Auto profiling for the game too and just select the default profile.
    Oh the Options!
    lol take care!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. p00ky

p00ky Active Member

Self Employed Laser Cutter
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Ok so when I go to register I get this.....

[​IMG]

Any help?

Attached Files:

9. p00ky

p00ky Active Member

Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    So updates simtools v2 to v2.53 now gives me a different error.........
    [​IMG]
    And I can assure you my clock is correct, albeit it's that funny United Kingdom time.

Attached Files:

10. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,903Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Hi @p00ky,
    Rich sent you a couple more activation's, so this should not be a problem anymore.

There is no need to re-register v2 when upgrading, but if you did it should not matter to much.
    Please give it another go as you now have more activation's.
    Chat soon
    yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1
  11. p00ky

p00ky Active Member

Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Just woke up this morning and tried it again and the registration went through. Thanks yobuddy. Looking forward to trying this out today :)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Javo5

Javo5 Active Member

Balance:
    293Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi, I have a no valid path for Kart Racing Pro Steam version. Works OK for GP bikes
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. p00ky

p00ky Active Member

Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    So I've had a little play with V3 and here are the things I found......

So my first issue is that Simtools V3 doesn't hook into games when I run them. I have to use the "play" button in simtools for the right game for it to start working. With V2, the game gets hooked when I run it (say from steam or the iracing launcher). This means If I want to play Dirt Rally 2 in VR I need to start it in Steam (to get vr), alt tab out and click play in simtools v3, then alt tab back into the game.

2nd issue, I get no GameVibe response at all in game. In the Setup and testing it works fine but it doesn't do anything in the 2 games I've tried, Iracing and Dirt Rally 2. I think the USB soundcard I'm using gets muted when the game is run (independant to any setting I have access to so I cant unmute it). I say this as I get a flashing blue light on the soundcard when it's muted and it starts flashing everytime I start a game.

3rd issue, Iracing movement is almost inperceptable. It's there but probably only between 5-10% of what I get in Dirt Rally 2 (Dirt Rally 2 movement in sim tools V3 is identical to Simtools V2 as far as I can tell).
  14. early_m

early_m Active Member

Balance:
    818Coins
    Ratings:
    +340 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Autostart - Have you dragged the game .exe file onto the game plugin banner I'm simtools?

Gamevibe - have you captured min/max?

Iracing - I have this working in V3 fantastically well. V3 plugins differ to V2 so you may have to re-capture min/max as it's likely different values are required
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. p00ky

p00ky Active Member

Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Thanks for the Reply.
    In order.....

No I haven't dragged the exe onto the plugin banner. I'll give that a shot.

GameVibe - I must admit I took the values from v2 and entered them in manually for min max. I'll give it ago for sure but as I mentioned, the flashing blue LED tends to suggest that the sound card is being muted. Ill experiment further.

As for Min Max tuning on motion for Iracing. I'm not sure I've ever done that, is it in V2? With V2 I initially set it up with Dirt Rally2 and used the values for all the games without issue. I remember initial setup being complicated because I didnt know what I was doing, so I made records aaof all the settings. Each time I've had to reinstall I've simply hand inputed in the values. My memory of all the hoops I divide through are now lost too time. I can see the page in V3 motion Settings for min/max. I'll have to have a fiddle.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.
  16. p00ky

p00ky Active Member

Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Small update

So dragging the game exe didn't change the hooking of the game. I still have to launch the game then start the sim tools plugin, then go back to the game fo it to work.

GameVibe. I tried a different USB soundcard but had the same effect.What I have found is if you test in the Interface Setup the sound gets output but if you test in the vibe setting for the game, the Simtools completly locks up

Iracing min/max setting did help. Well the sensitivity sliders at the bottom did. I had to se most of them to half the value and the traction loss to a 3rd and then it works very well. Those settings dont seem to be saved though, so I have to reset them each time.
  17. early_m

early_m Active Member

Balance:
    818Coins
    Ratings:
    +340 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    If you look in program files/simtools folder there's a folder that contains shortcuts for the games. Have a check in there to see if they're showing. Post a screen shot as the file name will have a number next to it which links to the game.

Could you post screen shots of your vibe settings? Both sound editor and min/max?

When you set up new plugins I believe it will use the saved global setting but min/max will need to be captured. Try clicking capture, reset, then drive around a moderate track in a moderate car at 70% pace then click save. You can then use the virtual output to check the amount of axis being used, and then adjust the min/max sensitivity sliders to your liking.
  18. bruno1210

bruno1210 schumi06

Balance:
    75Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello, impossible to convert my v2 key to v3 invalid activation how to do thank you.
  19. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT
    hello people from SIMTOOLS and people from the forum... I want to congratulate those responsible for version v3 of simtools it seemed somewhat complicated but the truth is that it ended up being easier than version 2 also thanks to Mr. yobuddy for taking the time to publish everything new from the sofa, simtools.

I want you against the fact that a while ago I was not connected to the forum and to my simulator....
    I am reforming my simulator to be able to use it with the v3 version of simtools.

I want to ask a question regarding the GAME PLUGINS of f122 when I try to open the game the simtools closes.
    when patching the plugin it does it without any problem I put the address of my documents where the fi22 folder is created... but when opening it the simtools closes.
  20. tina540

tina540 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 44Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    hello here also no way to activate the license

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png