1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
yobuddy

SimTools v2 - Video Ride Creator v2.1

Create video ride films for the Video Ride Player

1. Sam Neall

Sam Neall Member

Balance:
    230Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with editing telemetry files to be imported into video ride creator. I have recorded telemetry files in video ride recorder for roll and pitch but they do not sync up with the video when I import them into video ride creator. It’s off by about one second. To solve this I have tried deleting about 50 entries off of the telemetry files then re-importing them (They are 50hz files). However, when I do this there is no noticeable change in the pitch values in video ride creator. In fact, they stay exactly the same. Even when I completely delete the master telemetry file for the video and re-create it, importing the edited telemetry file loads the same values. I tried importing the telemetry file into Google sheets and It’s out of sync there too. Point 3474 for example shows a value of -30219 in the telemetry file on google sheets, but when it is uploaded into VRC the value is around -7000 for that point. I don’t know if this problem is related to the last one but it certainly raises some red flags for me and I want to figure this stuff out.

Attached Files:

2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    34,002Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,940 / 10 / -0
    Look at the offset in the upper right, this will allow you to sync the telemetry to the video file.
    Set it correctly and then save the file to keep the changes.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sam Neall

Sam Neall Member

Balance:
    230Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Thanks! That worked. I still have no clue why when I manually edit the telemetry file, the changes don’t apply in VRC.