1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

simtools LFS interface presets for installer setup for the first time

Discussion in 'SimTools Plugins' started by Evan Rowlands, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Evan Rowlands

Evan Rowlands EMR Industries

business owner/ EMR industries
    Balance:
    - 72Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi guys the battle to get this 3 dof rig going... i cant find any valid interface presets that are valid...
    everything ive found and downloaded unzipped and zipped is unvalid when i drag and drop into the preset installer.. any ideas guys
  2. Daguru

Daguru Rally drivers do it in the Dirt

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    453Coins
    Ratings:
    +632 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    You don't need to load an interface preset just open interface settings then select serial in the interface type drop down box then fill all the other drop down boxes as follows

Com port = com port of your arduino
    Bitspersec =500000
    Data bits =8
    Parity = none
    Stop bits =1
    Output bit rate =10
    Output type binary
    Startup output leave blank
    Interface output [A<Axis1a>][A<Axis2a>] with an output rate of 1ms
    Shutdown output leave blank

I'm not 100% sure on all of the above as I no longer use Arduino so can't test then after that you will need to set up axia assignments for default and LFS by entering which force you want and a percentage for it

Regards
  3. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,918Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    @Evan Rowlands ... For the new SimTools v2.1 the main plugin updater will accept all kind of zipped files " 2.1 Game plugins / interface preset / axis assignments preset /... " and will sort them accordingly .

If you're sure that the interface preset is for the new Simtools 2.x so it will be accepted and work perfectly .
    2.jpg

Let me know if you still have issues ... :cheers
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017