1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom Sim Project - Kevin Stage 2 [SOLD]

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by -kevin-, May 22, 2012.

1. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Great news. If you like to make a separate post for it i will sticky it on top of the threads to get more attraction.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  3. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    The reason for this post is that I wanted to make some clarifications and also the differences in the interfaces velleman K8055 and VM110 k8055N VM110N for all those who want to adopt this cost-effective, functional and also not wrong to buy the card because sbagliata.Anche short thanks to great people like aeorobbie fans and other people who can use and contribute Simtools with this type of configuration.

How many times have you been told that the K8055 and obsolete and slow? In fact, the K8055 VM110 (old type) is slow and outdated! Unlike k8055N VM110N (New type) which is much much faster and I'll show you the technical specifications.

OLD INTERFACE
    [​IMG]

Specifications

• 5 digital inputs (0= ground, 1= open) (on board test buttons provided)
    • 2 analogue inputs with attenuation and amplification option (internal test +5V provided)
    • 8 digital open collector output switches (max. 50V/100mA) (on board LED indication)
    • 2 analogue outputs:
      • 0 to 5V, output resistance 1K5
      • PWM 0 to 100% open collector outputs max 100mA / 40V (on board LED indication)
    • general conversion time: 20ms per command
    • power supply through USB: approx. 70mA
    • dimensions: 145 x 88 x 20mm / 5.7 x 3 x 0.8"

New interface
    [​IMG]

Specifications
    • 5 digital inputs (0= ground, 1= open) (on-board test buttons provided)
    • 2 analogue inputs with attenuation and amplification option (internal test +5V provided)
    • 8 digital open collector output switches (max 50V/100mA) (on-board LED indication)
    • 2 analogue outputs:
      • 0 to 5V, output resistance 1K5
      • PWM 0 to 100% open collector outputs max 100mA / 40V (on-board LED indication)
    • general respons time: 2ms per command
    • power supply: through USB approx. 70mA
    • dimensions: 110 x 80mm / 4.3 x 3.2"

As you can see the 2 interfaces have the same specifications except for this: general respons time: 2ms for this command means that the response of conversion command from the PC to the electrical signal and almost instantaneous and therefore very fast around here.

PS: The meaning of the acronym or VM110 VM110N that the card is already assembled and you do not have any solder componente.E and the cost of about 50 € + 75 € sabertoot

I hope I have done something pleasing to those who want to adopt the solution K8055 + sabertooth

Are not an electronics expert so If I have something wrong please correct me
    :thumbs
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    A tutti quelli che leggeranno questo thread, e sono interessati alla configurazione k8055N + Sabertooth, vi do una bella notizia,finalmente, Simtools è compatibile con questa configurazione!!! :thumbs
    link della discussione : http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/first-beta-test-for-a-k8055-interface-simtools.5567/

E per la felicità degli italiani, la guida tradotta da nclabs (che ringrazio) in italiano perfetto!!:cheers Non da google....:confused:

http://www.xsimulator.net/community...uickstart-guide-guida-rapida-a-simtools.5506/

E con questo vi auguro buone vacanze a tutti :popcorn

Kevin

To all those who read this thread, and I'm interested in the configuration k8055N + Sabertooth, I give you good news, finally, Simtools is compatible with this configuration! :thumbs link of the discussion

http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/first-beta-test-for-a-k8055-interface-simtools.5567/

And for the happiness of the Italians, the guide translated by nclabs (thanks) in perfect Italian!:cheers Not from google ....:confused:

http://www.xsimulator.net/community...uickstart-guide-guida-rapida-a-simtools.5506/

And with this I wish you happy holidays to all :popcorn

Kevin
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    c'è sempre qualcosa da imparare nei tuoi post...non posso che rinnovarti i complimenti per il lavoro che hai fatto e per la pazienza e la passione che ci metti mentre lo fai....e poi....anche un po' di spirito patriottico :grin:grin:grin

There is always something to learn in your post ... I can't renew my compliments for the work you did and for the patience and passion that we put while doing .... and then .... even some patriotic spirit :grin:grin:grin
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Grazie Billo, per me e puro divertimento costruire,imparare e condividere!!!

Eccomi quà appena tornato dalle vacanze e mi sono messo al lavoro ho smantellato il mio sim :grin (Sono matto da legare :D ) guardate che spettacolo :eek:

Thanks Billo, for me and fun to build, learn and share!
    Here I am just back from vacation and I set to work, I disbanded my sim :grin (I'm mad as a hatter :D) look at that show :eek:

[​IMG]

Sono sempre alla ricerca della perfezione anche se sò che la perfezione non esiste ma io ci provo lo stesso...quindi per un po di mesi sarò fuori dai giochi.... e spero che le modifiche che devo apportare alla fine ne valgono la pena.;)

I'm always looking for perfection even though I know that perfection does not exist but I'll try the same ... so for some months I'll be out of the game .... and I hope that the changes that I make in the end it worth it.;)
    • Like Like x 2
  7. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    e che fai ci lasci così sulle spine????:think
    NON si fa:nerd:nerd:nerd:grin
    Scherzi a parte sono molto curioso di sapere quello che hai in mente, per quel che ti conosco sicuramente hai in testa qualche bella idea:thumbs
    Resto a vedere ;)

and you do you leave us so on tenterhooks????:think
    No :nerd:nerd:nerd:grin
    seriously I'm very curious to know what you have in mind, for what I know you definitely have some good idea head Rest see ;)
  8. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    I'm curious too, thought it was well built sim already, be a ripper sim after this change. Keep us all informed @-kevin-
  9. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @Billo Di idee ne ho tante ma mi manca il tempo e soldi da spendere che ne ho pochi purtroppo....devo pensare a spenderli per cose più importanti se no avrei un bel progetto in mente.Non ti preoccupare sarò sempre in zona e ti tengo d'occhio :grin

@eaorobbie

Il sim è costruito bene anzi mi ha dato tante soddisfazioni fino adesso.

Il discorso è un'altro, voglio fare degli upgrade, Vorrei rendere autonomo il mio sim con tv e pc integrati senza doverlo spostare ogni volta avanti e indietro tenerlo in un punto fisso del soggiorno...adesso vedo o triplo schermo oppure tv singola da 32" perchè mia moglie e i miei figli dicono che mi prendo tutto lo spazio...compresa la tv... quindi prima che mi cacciano di casa mi conviene modificarlo.:grin

Per fare questo devo cambiare per forza i motori perchè i tergicristallo sono deboli con tutto quel peso..per il resto farò altre piccole modifiche che man mano vi terrò aggiornati.;)

@ Billo Di I have many ideas but I lack the time and money to spend that unfortunately .... I just have to think about more important things to spend it otherwise I would have a nice project in mente.Non worry I'll always be in the area and I'll keep an eye on :grin

@ Eaorobbie

The sim is built well indeed gave me much satisfaction until now.

The speech is another, I want to do the upgrade, I would like to make my self sim with tv and pc integrated without having to move back and forth each time to keep it at a fixed point of the living room ... now I see or triple screen or TV from single 32 "because my wife and my children say that I take all the space ... including the tv ... so before I hunt at home I should change it.:grin

To do this I have to change in order to force the wiper motors because they are weak .. with all that weight for the rest I will do other small changes that gradually will keep you updated.;)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    ...a chi lo dici, poi con un bimbo piccolo mia moglie mi butta fuori di casa se sgarro con le spese "futili" :(:confused:
    Comunque il progetto si può sempre buttare giù solo per il gusto di idearlo, poi chissà, magari capita un occasione e se c'è qualche entrata in più si fa la pazzia ;)
    Comunque se prendi la strada dei tre monitor (spazio e gpu permettendo credo il top che ci sia adesso) prova a dare un occhiata ai miei monitor, 24 pollici, cornice molto fina, full HD e molto economici...li ho presi per circa 120 euro l'uno, e cosa molto importante sono anche molto leggeri :thumbs

Per i motori se non ordini subito (adesso sto troppo tirato:() possiamo sentire se per 4 motori ci fa un buon prezzo e una sola spedizione che dividiamo in 2, il prezzo si abbasserebbe parecchio e tentar non nuoce ;)
    Per ora buon proseguimento :thumbs:grin

... to those who say, then with a small child my wife threw me out of the House if sgarro with expenses ' futile ' project :(:confused:
    anyway you can always throw down just for the sake of idearlo, then who knows maybe happen a chance and if there is any entry in addition becomes insanity;)
    Anyway if you take the road of the three monitors (space and gpu allowing the belief that there is now) tries to give a look to my monitor, 24 inches, very fine frame, full HD and very cheap ... I've taken for about 120 euros each, and very importantly are also very light:thumbs
    for the engines if not immediately orders (right now I'm too pulled:() we can hear if for 4 Motors makes us a good price and a single shipment that we divide into 2, the price you stoop a lot and does not harm tentar ;)
    for now good continuation :thumbs:grin
  11. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Concordo in pieno di quello che hai detto!! Alla fine è un hobbie...viene per ultimo di altre cose più importanti.;)
    Per quanto riguarda i monitor sarei propenso per il triplo shermo per la scheda video non ho problemi il problema e lo spazio come puoi vedere dalla foto sopra devo metterlo nell'angolo a sx affianco al muro del salotto fisso senza ruote con gommini antivibranti e lo spazio e poco oppure devo metterci le ruote e fare una struttura con cerniere che quando ho finito li richiudo...a te quanto spazio si prendono i tre schermi?
    Per quanto riguarda i motori ricontatto il venditore comunque non ho calcolato i dazi doganali...:)

I agree fully with what you said! At the end is a hobbie ... is to last for more important things. ;)
    As for the monitor I would be inclined to triple flatscreen for the video card I have no problems and the problem space as you can see from the picture above I have to put it in the corner on the left next to the wall of the living room without fixed wheels with rubber grommets and space and little or do I put the wheels and make a frame with hinges that when I finished them ... I close to you how much space you take the three screens?
    As far as the engines re-contact the seller, however, I have not calculated the duties ...;)
  12. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    be effettivamente non occupano poco, poi dipende anche dall' angolazione con cui li monti. A me occupano 1,42, dopo prendo il gognometro elettronico e ti dico anche a che angolazione li ho montati e per l' esattezza sono dei 23,6" con cornice fina, la sigla è questa: AOC E2461FWH
    Per i motori invece hai ragione, non avevo pensato neanch' io ai dazi doganali che spesso non sanno neanche loro come applicare e si potrebbero trovare brutte sorprese ;(
    guardando un po' su ebay ho visto anche dei motori tipo tergicristallo ma a 24 volt e a prezzo molto buono ma non so se la sabertoot potrebbe sopportarli.
    Poi mi è venuta un altra idea un po balsana...perche non collegare un altro motore in parallelo ad ogni motore e collegare i motori con una catena??? Anche li la sabertoot dovrà erogare più corrente ma raddoppieremmo la coppia dei motori, no?
    Sono solo idee ovviamente, il fatto che gli altri non le abbiano utilizzate mi fa pensare che ci sia qualche controindicazione ma non capisco quale. Il fatto è che vorrei cercare il miglior risultato possibile con una spesa contenuta quindi devo trovare qualche idea :grin

well actually do not occupy shortly, then also depends on the angle at which they assemble. To me, after I take 1.42 occupy the electronic gognometro and tell you also that I mounted them and angle to be exact are 23.6 ' with fina, the theme is this: AOC E2461FWH
    for instead you're right, I hadn't thought I don't customs duties that often do not even know how to apply them, and you might find unpleasant surprises a little watching;(on ebay I saw type wiper motor too but at 24 volts and a very good price but I don't know if the sabertoot could bear them.Then I came up with another idea a little balsana and ... why not connect another engine in parallel with each motor and connect the motors with a chain??? Even the sabertoot will provide them more power but the engine torque raddoppieremmo, no?Are just ideas of course, the fact that others have not used makes me think that there is some downside but I don't understand that. The fact is that I would look for the best possible results with a charge contained so I have to find some ideas :grin
  13. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Quindi per la soluzione triplo monitor devo calcolare circa 1,50 Mt. grazie dell'informazione.:thumbs

Per quanto riguarda la Sabertooth ti faccio un po di chiarezza:

Sabertooth 2x12 supporta: 12 A continui e picchi max 25A e puoi utilizzare 2 motori DC a 12v e 24v Costo:80 euro

Sabertooth 2x25 supporta: 25 A continui e picchi max 50A e puoi utilizzare 2 motori DC a 12v e 24v Costo:130 euro

Per il tuo discorso di montare 2 motori su un solo canale in parallelo credo che la sabertooth andrebbe in protezione termica ;)

So the solution for triple monitor I calculate about 1.50 Mt of information thanks.:thumbs
    Regarding the Sabertooth you do a bit of clarity:
    Sabertooth 2x12 support: 12A continuous and 25A peak max and you can use 2 DC motors at 12v and 24v Cost: 80 €
    Sabertooth 2x25 support: 25A continuous and 50A peak max and you can use 2 DC motors at 12v and 24v Price: 130 €
    For your speech engine mount 2 su only one channel in parallel I think the sabertooth should be in thermal protection;)
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    già, 150 cm però se si mettono in movimento credo anche qualcosa di più purtroppo :(
    Grazie per le specifiche della sabertooth, le avevo lette a suo tempo ma ormai non me le ricordavo più :thumbs
    In protezione nel senso che è fatta per lavorare su un impedenza minima? Oppure perchè tirando fuori il doppio della corrente (in pratica dimmezzando il carico ipotizzando che i motori siano identici) supererebbe la soglia dei 25A?
    Sinceramente non so quanto assorbe un motore tergicristallo ma la cosa mi incuriosisce e cerchierò di approfondire.
    Poi stavo pensando anche di prendere in considerazione i motori da verricello perchè se un domani decidessi di passare al 6 dof sarebbero riutilizzabili...il difficile è renderli silenziosi :think

already, 150 cm but if you put in motion I also believe something more unfortunately :(Thanks to the specifications of the sabertooth, I read at the time but now I don't remember more:thumbs protection in the sense that it is made to work on a minimum impedance? Or why pulling out twice the current (load dimmezzando into practice by assuming that the engines are identical) would exceed the threshold of 25A?I honestly don't know how much it absorbs a wiper motor but the thing I'm curious about and cerchierò to deepen.Then I was thinking even to consider the winch Motors because if you go to 6 dof would be re-used ... the difficult part is to make them silent :think
  15. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Si io intendevo solo la larghezza totale ;) poi e chiaro che bisogna vedere in movimento quanto spazio gli serve per non toccare il muro.Credo che per lo spazio che ho a disposizione opterò per il monitor singolo..:( anche se mi piace di più la soluzione a triplo schermo.

Tempo fà se non ricordo male perchè ho una memoria che funziona a rate :confused: avevo misurato con la pinza amperometrica l'assorbimento dei motori girando a vuoto ed era tra 3/4 A (sotto sforzo sicuramente assorbono di più) su ogni singolo motore quindi siamo già quasi a limite dei 12 A continui credo che aggiungendo altri 2 motori si supera la soglia dei 12 A e quindi la sabertooth andrebbe in protezione termica..Queste ovviamente sono delle mie ipotesi bisognerebbe provare...;)

Yes I meant only the total width ;) then it is clear that we need to see how much moving space he needs to not touch the muro.Credo for the space I have available will opt for the single monitor .. :( even though I like more the solution triple screen.
    Some time ago if I remember correctly because I have a memory that runs at the rate :confused: I measured with current clamp absorption engine idling and it was between 3/4 A (stress definitely absorb more) on each motor so we are already almost to the limit of 12 A continuous I think adding 2 more engines you exceed the threshold of 12 a and then the sabertooth should be in thermal protection .. These of course are my assumptions should try ... ;)
  16. FurloSim

FurloSim New Member

Balance:
    321Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Kevin cosa hai fatto :eek:!!?? hahaha io ho fatto la stessa cosa ieri ;), oggi cerco di rifare di nuovo tutti i collegamenti e finalmente potrò provare simtool . Ma non ho capito una cosa simtool è da patchare con il programma che ha creato eaorobbie o funziona in maniera indipendente ? non ho ancora avuto modo di leggere bene

Kevin what happened at your sim ?? I did the same yesterday with mine ;) . Today I'm going to try again to finish my Sim .I don't understand one things , For use earobbie patch with sabertooth and vellman , Do I need to patch simtool or coud work without it ?
  17. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Wee Mister furlo sei tornato alla base? Spero che adesso mi aiuti con le traduzioni dell'inglese :p
    Andava fatto purtroppo :confused: anche tu hai distrutto il sim? :grin

Assolutamente no!! l'applicazione di eaorobbie serve a configurare e far funzionare la k8055 con simtools poi verrà integrata direttamente per adesso devi lanciare sia l'applicazione e anche simtools separatamente.L'unica cosa che devi
    patchare e il gioco in game manager..comunque ti consiglio di leggerti la guida rapida in italiano prima di tutto;)

poi frequentando il forum acquisterai le monete che ti serviranno per scaricare i plugin e altri download te ne servono perlomeno 250 e puoi scaricare tutto per una settimana;)

Wee Mister furlo you're back at the base? I hope that now help me with English translations :p
    Unfortunately had to be done :confused: you also have destroyed the sim? :grin
    Absolutely not! the application of eaorobbie used to configure and operate the K8055 with simtools then be integrated directly for now you have to run both the application and also simtools separatamente.L 'only thing you need
    patch and the game in game manager .. however I advise you to read your quick guide to Italian first;)
    then attending the forum will buy the coins that you will need to download the plug-ins and other downloads do you need at least 250 and you can download everything for a week;)
  18. FurloSim

FurloSim New Member

Balance:
    321Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    si si demolito anche il mio, ho provato ad apportare delle modifiche tu cerchi la perfezione io cerco ancora di farlo funzionare :p

Yes I dismounted my sim few days ago. You are looking for the perfection ! ... I would like to see it working :p
  19. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    ciao Furlo, è piacere vedere anche te da questo lato del fiume :thumbs
    Vedrai che con simtools si cambia musica, io con l'aiuto di kevin sono riuscito a far funzionare il mio (anche se c'è un po' da affinare) e se ci sono riuscito io ce la puoi fare sicuramente anche tu:thumbs
    ora però dovrai sopportare tutte le nostre richieste di traduzioni :grin:grin:grin
    Scherzi a parte che tipo di simulatore stai costruendo? motori?

Hi Furlo, is pleased to see you on this side of the river:thumbs
    you'll see that with simtools changing music, with the help of kevin I managed to get my (although there is a little naive) and if I succeeded I will can do definitely too but now you will have to bear all of our translation requests :grin:grin:grin
    seriously what kind of Simulator are you building? Motors?
  20. FurloSim

FurloSim New Member

Balance:
    321Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Ciao billo ! sono contento che ci iniziano ad esserci un po' d'italiani sul forum ;) io sto provando ora con la guida che mi ha linkato kevin ma non capisco un tubo :D, il simulatore è copiato da quello di kevin :D

Hi Billo ! I'm so happy to see italian people here! I've started this evening with simtools but I'm confuse :D I hope that someone can help me .:thumbs

Anyway my sim is based on kevin simulator