1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Sim designs 3d

Discussion in 'CAD / CAE - Outdated' started by fredspeed, Sep 29, 2009.

1. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello again :D I have made some posts recently, because i am hoocked on this project nowadays.

In this post i will present different ideas i have for my sim rig. I do like the joyrider design, but will try to find some way to make it in wood, and easy to get inside.

Here are some pctures of my first atemt. You are welcome to give all sorts of feedback to it :mug1: :thbup: :clap: :( :rofl: :eek:

It has been drawed in a free cad program http://www.artifice.com/free/dw_lite.html If you have this program you are able to wiew an edit the drawing, and and here are the files (Dxf an dw) Sim.zip

stol.jpg

Fred
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice try!!!

BTW, the CG of the inside cockpit frame is a little low. Try to use the original joyrider dinstances in joints!

Thanos
  3. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou for response. I dont know what CG means but i think I understand (center gravity??). This is just a presentation of an idea about how the construction could be done. Is it a good idea to purchase joyrider-plans just to get the joints right? Or is there some rules or schemes you can use to estimate it? I will also try to find a way to build it so the center of gravity can be adjusted both ways.

Fred
  4. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  5. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My latest design. In this version, the plan is to use laminated wood on the outher frame, to make it easy to get inside the simulator. X-sim_1_1.jpg X-sim2_1_1.jpg