1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Shift Unleashed 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by bleco, Feb 24, 2011.

1. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm running a triple screen configuration. If you are only running single screen, most modern high end cards will run with all eye candy enabled with no issues.
  2. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Mike,

are graphics in this game better than f1 2010?
  3. benefie

benefie New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    too bad, thats almost never the case, mostly bad programming

i would say, they're pretty much on the same level. in my opinion the performance of the shift1 engine has been slightly improved. a lot of eye candy, way too much objects and advertisement of speedhunters on the side of the tracks.

the feel of the cars is too arcarde for me, but their goal to simulate the action of racing is really well done. even though the ai is still crap
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thats right, usually bad programming can cause issues with graphics, especially if it is a cracked game of a new release. Best buy it. Then again, I run 1 screen and do not have that many games that run under 30fps, with the exception of Metro 2033, and Crysis.
    As for your comment on graphics engines, game writers try to improve on their current engine. This makes it look better mainly for console players as they cannot ramp up the graphics unlike PC players. Anyway, lets game on!
  5. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

How can a cracked exe be responsible of ingame bad performance ??

I am pretty sure it's more a gpu driver issue and/or bad game coding ... Exactly the same happened with Shift 1 ... ATI users mainly ... This title is NVIDIA proof ... Issues were fixed with gpu drivers updates and game patch v1.2 ...

Bleco
  6. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    HI,

I am going to check this game out too... Now the big one: Will it work with x-sim? I guess the injector from Shift 1 will not work, as it is a different game.
    I just got a GTX 295 multi gpu second hand, i hope it works, as it sucks with IRacing, my old GTX 260 worked better... But i still need to fiddle with some drivers as the card(s) itself should be fast enough.
    Maybe i will buy another one and go quad-sli :uups:

Cheers
  7. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Same problem here with the Frex wheel...pritty much undrivable now...grrrr :thbd:
    Also the game runs like crap, very low fps, glad i tested it first before i bought it :(

i7 860
    4 gb ddr3 ram
    GTX 295 multi-gpu
    Asus sli pro mobo
    850 watt corsair psu
    TH2Go
    3840x1024

:?
  8. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ... the question is more ' who will take the time to create a good injector file for it' ... :)

Hope someone does ... I can provide the game to whoever wants to work on it ... :cheers:

Bleco
  9. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yeah....still the game still needs some work.

However i managed to make it work....sort of.

The steering lag can be solved, just put ALL the sensitivity sliders to 100% in the advanced control panel. Especially the steering sensitivity. Not the speed sensitivity though... Also steering lock needs to be reduced to own flavor.

Thanks to some advanced gfx settings (nvidia) putting aliasing off in the game and on in the control panel the fps is a lot better now, however everything but shadows on max and with a resolution of 3840x1024 i still only get 30 to 35 fps, when in other games i get 60 easy.

Hope the motion will work soon. I love the helmet cam btw...

Cheers
  10. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I like the Helmet cam also ... Driver seat position is better then the main cockpit view...

Bleco
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How can a cracked exe be responsible of ingame bad performance ??

I am pretty sure it's more a gpu driver issue and/or bad game coding ... Exactly the same happened with Shift 1 ... ATI users mainly ... This title is NVIDIA proof ... Issues were fixed with gpu drivers updates and game patch v1.2 ...

Shift 1 gave me issues as a cracked download but worked as a store bought copy, even before the patch update. Perhaps I was lucky. I have always run NVIDIA cards though.
    Who knows anymore, lets just game on! ;D
  12. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Alright so I spent some time playing Shift 2 ... a lot of bugs as usual ... and default wheel config is very bad ... Also graphics cannot be set very high to get a good fps ... ...

However after tweaking it a little, it became a very interresting game ... surprisingly! I am enjoying it much more now ... It won't be long for interresting mods to be available and vendor feedback about poor performances...

To set the wheel correctly:

On the wheel:
    Degrees of rotation = 900
    In Game:
    Steering sensivity = 25
    Deadzone = 0
    Speed sensivity = 0
    Wheel lock = 50

Feels good to me ... much better then Shift 1 even with lattest release of tyre set mod ...

I am also getting good fps with my HD5870 and 1 monitor @1920x1080 with these low graphic settings in graphicsconfig.xml file located in yourdocuments\Shift unleashed 2
    Set the resolution according to your monitor settings and refresh rate...

<data class=GraphicConfigData id=0xEA8080>
    <prop name=Name data= />
    <prop name=Mode adapter=0 width=1920 height=1080 antialias=0 refresh=60 />
    <prop name=Vsync vsync=1 />
    <prop name=AntiAlias antialias=0 />
    <prop name=Windowed windowed=0 />
    <prop name=TextureFilter texturefilter=5 />
    <prop name=TextureResolution textureresolution=2 />
    <prop name=Brightness brightness=10 />
    <prop name=CarDetailLevel cardetaillevel=2 />
    <prop name=TrackDetailLevel trackdetaillevel=2 />
    <prop name=ShadowDetailLevel shadowdetaillevel=3 />
    <prop name=MotionblurLevel motionblurLevel=0 />
    <prop name=EffectsDetailLevel effectsdetaillevel=2 />
    <prop name=EnvmapDetailLevel envmapdetaillevel=3 />

Another very good addition is a camera mod that adjust the driver seat position the same way as the helmet cam and replaces the standard cockpit view ... it's much better then the default cockpit view and available here (must be logged):
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads ... le&id=4385
    *** it was probably not tested a lot so don't forget to backup your file *** It also cannot be used with the other no blur and shaky wheel mod as it doesn't come as an injector file ...***

If I play this game more I will probably start modding it so I might create injector files for it and for others ...

Now hope they fix the graphics low performance issues soon (amd or EA or both!) ... it runs poorly even with only 1 monitor at max settings on a hd5870 ...

After that it won't be that bad! And the drag event looks cool also if it can come to PC as well!

Bleco
  13. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the report Mike/Bleco
  14. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is there someone who`s trying to get this game work with x-sim/force injector ?

It might be the same way - like with first one.
  15. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  16. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Not sure to follow you ... What's the point? These are juste a couple of file editing mods and as nothing to do with memory scanning for motion data ...

And yes Shift 2 is modable the same exact way as Shift 1 ... Already a couple of mods are available but none of them present or futur will help us to get motion out of Shift 2 ...

Cheers

Bleco
  17. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    There has however been talk about the improved telemetry and an API used for multiplayer use that would no doubt have to send telemetry? I haven't looked yet, but these at least show some promise of the data being found or being found somewhere that won't change with the first patch.
  18. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  19. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don`t have this game yet but someone can try those old values for Force Injector from previous Shift. Since this is the same Game Engine (improved) then everything might work like it was before.
    Who had motion with first one ???
  20. Baurus

Baurus New Member

Balance:
    161Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    A question.
    X-sim will be compatible with shift 2 ???

Thanks for answers.
    Baurus