1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question SFX-100 vs 150mm stroke shopping list

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by cheezefrog, Sep 20, 2021.

1. cheezefrog

cheezefrog New Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Searched around quite heavily for answers and documentation on building sfx-150's and I cannot find much of anything on the internet about which specific parts are different and to order, including the building changes from 100mm to 150mm.

This was the only thread I could find:
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/sfx-100-ballscrews-350mm-quality-anti-backlash.14807/

some good info basically just ordering everything +100mm longer, e.g., extrusions, hollow shaft and ball screw for 150mm throw.

The other question I have is with the software/hardware setup, albeit novice to all this, I read in another thread that I would have to use the Thanos controller and SRS. Are these basically the only differences to building SFX-150's vs the 100's? And, is there any supporting documentation on how to wire up a thanos controller if the hardware and software will be different over an arduino controller setup with the sfx-100's?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021