1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SERVOs

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Sergey Komarevtzev, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Sergey Komarevtzev

Sergey Komarevtzev New Member

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @bsft, ok i have the estimation person up to 100 kg , high up to 190 cm.
    this is the platform: i need to calculate the force that push down on the lower arm when the platform about 45 degree....?
    2 dof motion platform.jpg
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats a BFF design, even his doesnt go to 45 deg.
    if you want 45deg without AC motors, look at one of these
    http://www.acesim.com/main.html . Built right you can have 45 deg.
    I take it you are using for flight, not race.
  3. Sergey Komarevtzev

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    no i dont think i need 45 deg but for the maximum load calculation .
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    BFF design uses 3 x 24v motors which would do the job, not sure about 45 deg angle though.
    Sorry, I dont know
  5. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Or talk to people who are in the same process of design, like @cthiggin he might share the information on how much force is need by the motors in order to move the sim safely.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Sergey Komarevtzev

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    thanks to everybody! I got a lot of help here!
  7. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    You stated you were doing a 2dof design correct? Cthiggin is doing a 3dof and needs much more power than a 2dof design. While this could be calculated mathematically, you would need a formula and all the correct values to plug in. A crude method (but accurate) would be to have a platform built already with everything that will be on it during actual sim use. If you have a scale to weigh with you could then tilt it to its maximum positions and weigh the off balance weight somehow at the point where your rods will connect at the platform. The highest weight reading obtained on each axis will give you the minimum ft lbs torque that will be required for each axis. Ft lbs is easily converted to nm or another standard using an online calculator.

Edit btw, the measurement obtained will only be equal to your motors minimum torque requirement if you are using a lever that is 1 foot (around 300mm). Since that is quite long and has to long of a throw for most applications, chances are you will use a shorter lever. If it is only 6 inches (150mm) long for example, then your motors minimum requirement would be one-half (times .5) the measurement obtained.

Whoops! :blush This assumes you do you're measuring in pounds (lbs) also! You can convert kilograms to lbs though if necessary!
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014