1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SeatTime's DC motor Sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by SeatTime, Dec 28, 2013.

1. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    Hi @WowaDriver
    Unfortunately this Sim had to give its life to spawn my new sim, so another video is not possible, so I will answer what I can.
    Is it possible to get a video to see the movement of the steel plate? No, sim has been dismantled and parts reused (you will see the same seat on my new sim - steel plate removed fiberglass repaired).
    How did it feel? Quite good for what it was and better than having heave mixed with the main 2DOF axis (obviously not as good as my current sim).
    Movement - about 30mm so not allot, but the levers had to be short to give enough torque with a 200w motor/JRK setup.
    Is it possible to get movement upside or downside? Yes - mine could go below/above the point of the old seat. Hope that helps. Good luck with your build.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. WowaDriver

WowaDriver Waldemar Jost

Bachelor of Science and Engineering
    Balance:
    1,127Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, JRK
    @SeatTime

Thanks alot for your answers!

Best regards

Waldemar
  3. llluis

llluis Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,630Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Sorry for unburying an old thread, but it's exactly what I'm planning.
    @SeatTime I can see the lever working, but I don't see the seat moving. Is it only the "butt part" of the seat moving?

I'm asking because I was wondering if I have a mechanism to implement heave of the seat, do the 2 back motors compensate the up and down movement of the entire seat?
  4. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    It was a single hinged panel built into the bottom of the seat.