1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SCN6 from Prosimu wired different than SCN6 from Frex?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Moe Colontonio, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Moe Colontonio

Moe Colontonio Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    750Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I recently built a 5 dof using 4x SCN6-60 actuators from Frex, along with a Frex USB Motion Controller unit.

For traction loss, I pulled the SCN6-20 off of my Prosimu T1000. I plugged it into the Frex controller but it will not work. All of the Frex SCNs work just fine.

If I use the Prosimu Motion Controller for just the -20, it works fine. Attached are pictures of the wiring. Seems the Prosimu controller only uses 2 wires, while the Frex controller uses 4? Any ideas here on how I can convert this -20 to work with the Frex unit?

I've been in touch with Frex, and they sent me over a program called termi-bus to change the axis number on the com port, but it was already at zero as they specified.

IMG_20200210_185535.jpg IMG_20200210_182758.jpg
  2. Bohnster

Bohnster New Member

Balance:
    23Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I wonder if I know the reason for this. I believe the amplifier is NPN for the ProSimu SCN6. However, it maybe you're using PNP from Frex?

From what I gather, the ProSimu ILK (E-Stop) Pin 12 (purple wire) should be seeing 0V when in a non-emergency state.

Whereas the Frex PNP configuration, should have 24V when in a non-emergency state.

So possibly you are stuck in an E-Stop when mixing the two types of amplifiers?
    • Useful Useful x 1