1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SCN6 alike actuators?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Michael Hensen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Michael Hensen

Michael Hensen Active Member

C# Software Engineer
    Balance:
    748Coins
    Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    All the forces are gonna be on the ballscrew closest to the foot.. I think that is what you mean..
    If I make a custom end block, enclosed by 3 walls, then how would it be able to bent the profile? The profile is reinforced by a supported rail at the end. In my idea the only force there is non-rotational? Could be I am missing something! So please correct me.. would be a shame if it turs out to be a complete failure!!!
  2. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,541Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    All forces will go to BF12 bearing block
    Pushrod gives it to ballnuth/ballnuth gives it to ballscrew/ ballscrew gives it to bf12 block.
    Point where static load and dynamic load comes together
  3. Michael Hensen

Michael Hensen Active Member

C# Software Engineer
    Balance:
    748Coins
    Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform

I think that the BF12 can be designed better and have its load more on de beams itself.. I'd rather have the load on the 'bf12' then on the motor. I'll test this construction, with a custom BF12 type. if a redesign is needed at least I have the parts to build them..
    I'll start the ordering process somewhere in the beginning of January. At least for a single part and I hope it will be able to do the job..