1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SCN5 Actuator Pricing

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by bvillersjr, Oct 13, 2008.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I called in today to order my SCN5 actuators and was quoted $325 for the 50mm (which are useless for my purposes) and $475 for 150mm!!!

At that price, I'm going to look at alternatives. Has anyone else got a better quote? I thought you guys got a 100mm for 350 ish??

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    We've ordered the SCN5 test acutator from Mirai Intertech for 400$ excluding shipping for the 100mm ones.

Regards
    Christian
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    If you payed $400 for the 100mm then I guess $475 is a fair price for the 150mm then. I was afraid that I was being overcharged but I guess not. Thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead and order them since my seat base design is nearly complete. Coming up with a way to mount the actuators on the underside of the seat (for safety reasons -- alot of children in the family) has proven quite a challenge given the amount of space that I allowed when I originally designed my sim.

Thanks again for the info,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Imho you have to be carefull if you are going to change the actuator mounting. Depending the the way you are going to place them, you might create more leaverage, which could be negative for the acutators. I'd really recommend to built it in the common way. Add a fence arround your sim to prevent the kids toying on it. Or strap the seat in a safe position to the frame, to prevent it moving while powered down.

Regards
    Christian
  5. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear sirs,

This is a question for UK scn5 people.

If you have buyed from America, is there any local charge when item arrives here?
  6. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I did order my SCN5 from Frex Japan to UK.
    They both cost me 490£ (~700$).
    Postage and packaging 65£ (~90)
    Import Tax Duty - 110£ (~160$).

All costs: 665£ (~950).

I don`t know - maybe this is not the best deal ?....or maybe. For me only one, because i know that import tax from USA is more expensive and i had to pay more for SCN5 as well.
  7. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear sir,

Thanks, looks like theres a 17.5% vat and also custom charges. So it cost me another 300$ on top of the $1060 being spent on the actuators.
  8. bajandrifter

bajandrifter New Member

Balance:
    362Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi egoexpress, so is it that Mirai Intertech has the best prices on the actuators and if i wanted to sell couple projects would it be better to use the 150mm over the 100 and whats the differences as well as after aquiring the actuators what else would i need to make a motion setup work from scratch. im trying to put together some designs with some mates on the overall frame but its getting a bit frustrating
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    big worm gear dc motors and jrks will perform at the same speed if not faster and are cheaper, quieter and stronger
  10. JBoogie

JBoogie Member

Pre-sales Engineer
    Balance:
    1,524Coins
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, SimforceGT
    Would be much easier to mount underneath the frame as well.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IMG_20120707_103932.jpg
    • Like Like x 1