1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Rock-n-Ride performances

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by AldoZ, Sep 5, 2010.

1. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hello dudes.
    Finally i can send LFS data from Sender to Profiler2!
    I made 2 axis in the Profiler2 for lateral and longitudinal forces and i can see my Rock-n-Ride virtual platform working really fine!

Now, I am thinking next to the real correspondence between the Rock-n-Ride virtual platform and one real 2DOF platform.
    The Rock-n-Ride show perfect how a real platform will move?
    And can it simulate a 3,4,5,6 DOF too?

Thanks
  2. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Ok, yesterday i learn a simple but very important thing..

Rock-n-Ride (RnR USB 1.3X-SimRock’n’Ride interface) it's an hardware controller device joining my actuators with my pc!.

The same work of the SX-3000 device if I understand well.
    I read about the differences between these 2 controllers:
    * the SX-3000 is ready to use i need just to plug the cables
    * the R-n-R need much more manual work with cables
    * the SX-3000 can plug 3 actuators, the R-n-R can plug 8 actuators
    All right?

I thought R-n-R was just a virtual platform simulator... but now I know that that virtual platform show us how the REAL platform can work, joined to a R-n-R device interface. (I see also you can load the R-n-R profile in the force profile2 software.

Please, tell me just if i am in the right way or i am writing a lot of ###! ;)
    Remain my question about the level of precision of the R-n-R virtual platform related with the use of a REAL motion platform (linked with a R-n-R device controller obvious!)
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Actually, they are not performing the same functions:

No matter what hardware you choose, you need the following elements:

-Interface to the PC (usually USB or serial)
    -Some type of H-Bridge / Motor Controller
    -Wiring
    -Interface for the above hardware to X-Sim (either a plugin or Synaptrix)

In short, the Synaptrix / H-Bridge / Serial approach (currently found in these forums by searching for tronics projects) is a little more cost effective, but very time consuming to produce and does not offer the same level of reliability and performance as the more expensive SCN5 and SCN6 solutions.

I'm sorry if you have already stated this (I don't have time to read all posts), but it maybe best to make your start her by determining what type of simulator you want to build or buy. This may help to narrow your options more quickly.
  4. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Ok bvillersjr, in first thank you for answer!, so please tell me if i understand:

- Interface to the PC (usb or serial) = using my USB or SERIAL ports (with synaptrix or USO plugin in the force profiler2)

- Some tipe og H-Bridge / Motor controller = the SX-3000

- wiring = All the cables i need to connect my actuators to power, Motror controller, PC

- Interface for the above hardware to X-Sim (either a plugin or Synaptrix) = the RnR USB 1.3X-SimRock’n’Ride interface (connected to my USB port) or maybe the SX-3000 make this job too?

I really need to understand well if I understand all! So please tell me if i get the situation!

I like to try to build a 2dof or 3dof platform! I am looking for SX-3000 because it seems that i have ALL the hardware for make a primitive moving platform (as Frakk says to me too).
    So, i need just to be sure that I understand the main logic, before to start to try to build my own moving platform :) . Thanks to you dudes, in some days i reach a good level, many things now are clear but i need to be sure that I know exactly what and how many devices are needed to have ALL for moving my actuators (using Force profile2 data)
  5. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    AldoZ,

I already told you, you don't need anything else to have ALL for moving your actuators with the SX-3000.

-You plug it in the USB and plug it in the wall outlet.
    -You install the SimXperience Commander software (includes X-Sim).
    -Enter the serial numbers of the SCN5's to differentiate between Left/Right.

And you are pretty much done!

RnR is an old pneumatic system mainly sold in Germany. You will not be using that plugin what so ever.

The USO is not going to be used either. If you are a hardware developer or you have hardware without a plugin, you can define how to send out information through COM ports with some other features.

The SCN5 plugin uses and communicates to the Synaptrix, that is how data will get to your actuators. Each SCN5 has a smart controller and it will convert this information to movement or position.

Have you been doing your homework?
    http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/Tutorials

Not the SX3000, but same thing applies:
    http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/How-to_d ... -Sim%C2%B2
  6. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    :) thank you dude! your last post has cancelled my residual MAIN doubts!
    unfortunately my lack of experiences in this matter + my damn english, make me a bit emm slow to understand.. . But now sure, i need to make some homework and dude, i am really happy to do it! (ehh if I had this joy to understand at the school times ..so.. I would have been a really good student! )

For now thank you a lot!