1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Road/Tarmac Noise from SCN6 in Project cars

Discussion in 'SimTools for commercial purposes' started by Mats, May 16, 2017.

1. Mats

Mats New Member Gold Contributor

IT engineer
    Balance:
    307Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6, Motion platform
    Hi!
    I have adjusted back gain to default Settings, it made no difference regarding the sound levels. so you don't need the tool.
    I was tricked, there will be different noise levels depending on how the pistons position in the metal cups, what I did is to have extra rubber pillows, this decreases the noise level.
  2. BlueG6o

BlueG6o New Member

Audi Service Advisor
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    43D6E959-66EF-4883-AF33-844DA55EBBE6.jpeg AD5E0D1E-D25D-4129-9106-1D277C751AF2.jpeg C47AA3CC-5004-46D1-A098-2260E3847416.jpeg

Thank you for your reply. So I’m still trying around with settings and noise canceling products.

on the pictures you see my Rig, sits now on 4cm gym floor mats. The front pistons are sitting in two rubber cones in which I‘ve drilled a hole so the whole thing is fixed now and can not move forward or back. And I stuffed the H Frame with acoustic foam.

but the noise is still a problem. These „squeaky“ noises the actuators make are not the problem for me. But the low frequency „brrr“ „brrr“ noises are f... me up. :mad:

So I’ve tried speed on 10000 and accelerating on 100, but set smoothing on every axis to 15-20% now I lost some road details but the actuators are a bit silent.

Sorry for the pics. iPhone pics are always turned upside down. :confused:
  3. Mats

Mats New Member Gold Contributor

IT engineer
    Balance:
    307Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6, Motion platform
    Hi!
    I have also tested with smoothing but don't think it got any better, speed settings don't matter much either, but acceleration does and you drive with similar value as I do.

try turning off the heave, and sway. I run without them, it clearly gets better about the sound, then you can also test without a surge, I drive with a belt tensioner that is only connected to the surge. otherwise it feels like you are driving up a hill
  4. BlueG6o

BlueG6o New Member

Audi Service Advisor
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thanx for the advice. I‘ve tested the whole day without heave and it is much better. I‘ll test the sway later.