1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
value1

rFactor2 Plugin 2.0.4.0

SimTools game plugin for rFactor2

1. seppel

seppel Member

Balance:
    224Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    thx value1 for reworking the plugin.
    rf2:
    after 30min practice sessionwith the porsche in silverstone the problem appears
    again.
    it starts on track with opposite movement in some corners and the typical continuous forward and backward movement.
    tomorrow ill check ac. and rf1.
    thx and best regards
    seppel
  2. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,463Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    :(
    But thank you @seppel for your feedback! :)
  3. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I have been using AC and rF1 extensively lately with no issues at all. I do not have rF2 though so I cannot attest to the plugin's reliability with that title.
  4. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Test engineer - automobile industry
    Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, JRK, SimforceGT
    @Historiker indeed ac is working without problems. I played this around 10h without a Problem. Rf2 is causing a memory "overflow" - memory leak.
  5. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    @seppel ich habe erst seit dem build590 mal wieder in rf2 reingeschaut. von den vorherigen war ich nicht so angetan.

@value1 danke für den test mit dem neuen plugin. Leider bringt dies keine besserung! nach ca. 15-20mins habe ich das selbe verhalten (wie auch schon von seppel beschrieben. nach ca. weiteren 10mins stürzt der game-manager ab. nach einem neustart des game-manager stürzt dieser unverzöglich wieder ab. es hilft dann nur ein neustart des pc - und nach 20mins gehts es von vorne los.
    Weiterhin habe ich festgestellt dass das game-dash direkt beim launch von rf2 abstürzt.

sehr merkwürdig, da ac sowahl mit dem game-dash wie auch mit motion ohne probleme läuft?!
  6. value1

Balance:
    14,463Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    CrySmall.png
    I will re-install rFactor2 and see…
  7. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    rFactor is now giving me a windows error when I start it up but once I click "continue" everything works fine. I assume that it has something to do with an iPhone app for a sim dashboard that I installed though. I did uninstall it but am still getting the same error. I will capture a screen shot next time I am out in the shop. Fiddling with getting three 32" TVs connected to the rig right now though.
  8. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Hi there my rich philanthropist friend @Historiker (thanks for coinage to jsmith2307) ! ;) I appears that rFactor was working fine without this problem before you installed the iPhone dashboard app. Often times, when installing a new program, it will automatically create a system restore point on your computer. If so, you should be able to run System Restore on your operating system and return your computer to the point it was before you installed the app. Simply uninstalling a program doe's not always restore the OS's registry to the same it was previously. This should fix you're problem! If you installed anything else after the app though it too will become unusable after the restore. System Restore does not remove or change any files you have installed on your computer however. It simply changes the registry back to where it was before the installations so the OS no longer knows they are there! If it did not create a system restore point for you on installation then you still may be able to restore to a older restore point saved on your computer. Again, anything installed after that time and date will become unusable though.

I strongly recommend creating you're own system restore point prior to installing any new programs. I also strongly recommend you create one prior to downloading any content from what you may deem to be questionable web sites! I have never gotten a virus that I was not able to remove by simply restoring my computer to a point it was prior to getting it! This includes the fake FBI virus claiming that I have downloaded unauthorized content and my computer has been locked until I send them a $200 fine! In this case and others like it where your computer is locked up, you must boot up your computer in safe mode and then run system restore to fix the problem! If you are not familiar with system restore then do a web search on it for the operation system you are using to learn how to use it!

ps When I say programs installed after the system restore point are unusable, all that is required is use then again is to reinstall the ones you want. Creating a new restore point before each new installation allows you to just remove it until you install something else after it.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  9. Rinus janssens

Rinus janssens Active Member

environmental construction
    Balance:
    2,153Coins
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    I have had the same issue as seppel with rfactor2 doesn't matter which build I use.
    I use scn5 150mm actuators.

At first there is no problem but after a while the fun begins. The oscillation becomes so strong that I must hit the safety button to stop the simulator.

I don't have this problem with iRacing
  10. Rinus janssens

Balance:
    2,153Coins
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    This morning I reset the default axis assignment preset to Simforce GT default.
    After that I made a new profile with all the steps necessary .
    And guess what ??? Out of the blue the oscillation stopped :) .

Now trying to make some fine tuning hope it keeps on working :eek:
  11. Rinus janssens

Balance:
    2,153Coins
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    Oeps a bit too early :oops:

It still Oscillates, so when I race rFactor2 I put Simtools aside and and use x-sim till there is a solution for this.
  12. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes regarding this issue - use rf2 with simtools is not possible atm (without random oscilating motion). X-sim and e69 will work fine.
  13. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    What could it be, is simtools interpreting the data differently? some kind of memory leak maybe?
  14. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    @prodigy

I think - as said above - "Rf2 is causing a memory overflow - memory leak". But value1 or other will have to confirm what the problem is.
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    use a bigger hammer......
  16. jem45472

jem45472 Active Member

Balance:
    97Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I too am having rfactor2 problem. This is also my favorite and only sim im using now.:sos
  17. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    @value1: thank you for reworking the plugin. Unfortunately same issue here: after app. 10mins the plugin is causing a memory overflow leak. Win7, GTX670 SLI, I7 3.8 GHZ, 6GB RAM

@Dütsch ;) : AC läuft wie weiter oben auch schon bestätigt ohne Probleme, in rf2 (so lange das PlugIn noch "durchhält") kommen die Strassenverhältnisse wie Unebenheiten gefühlt besser rüber, gerade die Nordschleife ist der Hammer, mit dem Seat Mover hat man das Gefühl, man sitzt live im Auto. So weit super Arbeit!! Bestimmt kann der Bug auch noch gefunden werden :)
  18. Rinus janssens

Balance:
    2,153Coins
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    Totally agree with that. Despite the issue it feels so much better then all the other available software around :cheers:thumbs
  19. value1

Balance:
    14,463Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. yokoyoko

yokoyoko Member

Balance:
    829Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Can we get the fixed plugins for free, or will there be more "spamming" until everybody has 250coins for downloading the fixed Version?
    • Agree Agree x 1