1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Revolution firmware and software for AMC1.5+1.6

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by CraCk, Jun 15, 2012.

1. prilad

prilad Well-Known Member SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer

Balance:
    9,611Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    OK.
    But you can delete sensors deadzone by setting SensLo = 0 and SensHi = 255. If you'll set SensLo = 255 and SensHi = 0 - the direction of the motor will be changed. :yes:
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did that, but with the current firmware it keeps rotating as there are no physical limits if you know what I mean. The firmware needs rework to handle full 360 degree rotation.

For example if its at 355 degree position and get a command to move to 2 degree position it should follow the shortest path keep increasing, cross zero and then stop in 2 degrees (356,357,358,359,360,1,2). Otherwise it will do a full counter clockwise motion as the position code naturally should act as it doesn't know what's happening in real world except of the sensor readings.
  3. prilad

Balance:
    9,611Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes, it is. Now firmware can't work with 360 degree rotation, because I did not have such technical specifications while working on this version of firmware. But I think, if it will be interesting, there are no problems to make version, which will handle full 360 degree rotation.
  4. vicpopo

vicpopo New Member

Balance:
    250Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Prilad,
    I've got the new AMC 1.6 board with 22,184 Mhz Crystal like Thanos (all come from him) .
    I change the baud rate in the driver and now it's OK.But I've got always the same message.''Can't open the port''.I changed the file ini because in ini was the port COM 5 declared.I changed to COM4 (my actually configuration board on port COM4) and now I can open the soft without this error.
    But I can't read anything on the soft , the pot , postion to reach don't display in the soft.There is a communication because the leds red and green are flashing but nothing in the soft .When I choose receving , sending ,display settings anything 's dysplaying.
    Below my file .ini copied :
    COMPORT]
    Port=4
    ByteSize=8
    BoudRate=115200
    Parity=0
    StopBits=0
    [MAIN]
    SendPeriod=33
    AMpl1=70
    Offs1=127
    Freq1=0.48
    AMpl2=80
    Offs2=127
    Freq2=1.04
    GraphBuf=60
    [SETTING]
    Kp1Lo=100
    Kp1Hi=20
    Kp2Lo=40
    Kp2Hi=20
    Sens1Lo=45
    Sens1Hi=210
    Sens2Lo=45
    Sens2Hi=210
    KpTh=5
    MinD=2
    MinPWM=0
    [VIRTUAL_COMPORT]
    Port=4
    ByteSize=8
    BoudRate=115200
    Parity=0
    StopBits=0
    Thanks for your help
    Gilles
    NB : I've got in the AMC Board the firmware version that comes from Thanos not your version .I could understand that Thanos was using your soft Xsimcontroler modified with the crystal frequence but with his firmware (v 1.1) in the atmega.Does it right ?
    I try too using the terminal application comes from Thanos and when I scan the port COM4 I saw like him all the data who are coming from the board.
    He shows that in a video inside the XSim.de forum.
    data are like this :
    AMC1611 128 750 128 800 (Motor1 position 128 (axe middle) 750 pot1 position and Motor2 position 128 (axe middle) 800 pot2 position )
  5. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Gilles,

You have mixed up the firmwares... My firmware is not compatible to talk to ALE's control program!!! The datalogging feature is not intended for that!!

You need to load this firmware that is compatible with his control program:
    AMC16_mega644_22mHz_byALE_fix3.zip

That's why you can't connect to it...!!!!!
  6. vicpopo

vicpopo New Member

Balance:
    250Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos ,
    OK I supposed that Ale's control program was compatible with your soft.
    I progressed a little bit ... it doesn't work 100%.I not yet connected a motor , I have to finish all this thinks for testing the amc1.6 with Prilad softwares (the controler and the program in Atmega).
    In fact I just would like to reproduce what you shown in your blog , that means for me that my board works .
    I saw your video testing the AMC 1.6 with the controler and I saw that you connected the jumpers as like as the board programmation and that you removed the 3 jumpers attached near the 4 DIP Switches.
    Do I do reproduce the same configuration for using the software?
    I put a picture above.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks Gilles
  7. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to remove the three jumpers, just turn the three DIP switches to off position leaving only the first DIP switch to position 1.

Just connect a motor (thru a motor driver) and a potentiometer like on the video to see how it works. Play with the values and the software to get yourself more familiar with the role of the values. You are lucky you can do this with ALE's software in seconds, I had to fiddle with the values in firmware and do hundreds of reloads and experiments while developing my firmware.
  8. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  9. CraCk

CraCk Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    691Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Why???? :eek:
    There's no software for our firmware.
    Generally there is no sense in the new forum without free software.
  10. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Of course there is... The free version works as before. And if you get your project there, you will be granted with stage2 key that allows all extra features. :)
  11. CraCk

Balance:
    691Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I think that priald refused this offer.
    Version 2.8.0.9 no worse than 3.0.0.6 :)
  12. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what offer you mean. The version 3.0.0.6 has more features than the 2.8.0.9. Among them are graphics motion capture driver (3D motion extraction), automatic profiles, and OBDII data emulator for external OBDII readers or custom dashboards. And many other fixes that I cannot list here.

The free version of 3.0.0.6 only requires internet connection. Apart from that what is wrong with it? Come on x-sim.de and explain what you need from it or if something doesn't work as it should and it will be fixed. Bug reporting is critical part of evolution of the x-sim software.

Thanos
  13. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    As Tronicgr mentioned X-Sim 3 is still completely free so I have no idea where this remark comes from :( (please do some research before shouting stuff like this!)

The only additional requirement is an internet connection for the rest the base (free) version is way better than the old 2.0.8.9 and has more features.

Only if you want to make use of the advanced features you'll need to either put some effort into the community (with a decent project topic) or for an offline version do a small donation.

NOFI but If people keep sticking to the old software (and website) it'll come to a point that the development of the software will stop (luckily we managed to prevent this for now) and this is bad for everyone with a DIY sim.

I just keep wondering why it's so hard to see this? Is it that people are having troubles letting go what they are used to? Are you guys allergic to progress? Or ............ ??
  14. CraCk

Balance:
    691Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Our project developed several auto-simulator fans. Sirnoname proposed only one key. Prilad refused the key. He believes that it is unfair compensation. Therefore it makes no sense to present project x-sim.de.
    Now the X-Sim 3.
    1. Not everyone has internet in his garage or basement. So for me it remains X-Sim 2.
    2. If you want to project developed and have good feedback? You must ensure that all users complete version of X-Sim 3. Not everyone is ready to project his show to get the key. This is just one of the reasons for the collapse of the X-Sim 3.
    For me this is a great amount. Need to work a week :no:

P/S
    All we can offer this knowledge and practice

Sorry for English. Translated in Google.
  15. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Sirnoname added the stage 2 part etc. to get more effort out of the community since a project like this is dependent of contribution by community members!

A lot of people just want all but don't want to do a single thing back for it :thbd: this way contribution from people who are willing to put some effort into it are rewarded, people who are just leeching don't.

If you need to work a week for € 30,- to be honest I think you need to find another job.
    If this is true: Isn't a software package like this worth a week's work?

Next to that if you can afford (building) a sim this amount is only a little part of the total costs as well.

Regarding the stage 2 key: I'm very willing to see what I can do to get keys for all whom helped develop (as far as I can see: you and prilad)
  16. CraCk

Balance:
    691Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks for the advice. Not every country cares about its people. I can not ensure their good work.
    The main work here was
    Active participants were five.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  17. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi CraCk,

thanks for presenting your project. Even when i have no possibility to try out your new firmware i appreciate your work for the common good of the community. :)

Keep up the good work!

Regards, René
  18. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Sorry, looking back this sounds more harsch than it was intended :blush:
    I'll see what the others think of it!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  19. speedy

speedy Well-Known Member

Balance:
    7,916Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 10 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi Mr. Prilad: :hi:

yes this is a good brighter wider screen ...

did you see the last results ...?
  20. prilad

Balance:
    9,611Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Where?