1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Revolution firmware and software for AMC1.5+1.6

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by CraCk, Jun 15, 2012.

1. prilad

prilad Well-Known Member SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer

Balance:
    9,615Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    Yes, I undestand. That is not news for me :) . And I think, that more interesting (and more important) REAL POSITION graphics. It is quite similar for 1 ms and for 33 ms period. Motor realy make smoothing the steps
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes. I could see the difference here with this motor that by the way is quite piece of equipment, but no way to explain it.

Thanks for the auto button... works great!!!!
  3. prilad

Balance:
    9,615Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks for testing and video. I hope it would be interesting for the community.
  4. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is, I already know another person that is giving it a try right now... ;-)
  5. prilad

Balance:
    9,615Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Unfortunately I do not know his yet. 8)
    It would be nice to have feedback not only from you. :cheers:
  6. vicpopo

vicpopo New Member

Balance:
    250Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos , it's Gilles from France :hi:
    Hi Prilad :hi: ,
    I tried to setup your soft in the new AMC with the Thanos update and it works fine. :clap:
    I setup your soft version 2.2 , but I can't open the port I use (port COM4).When I select it from the menu ,the soft says ''Error!!!can't open port''
    Any ideas ?
    Gilles
  7. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just connected the 360degree hall effect sensor AS5145 with a little magnet on the motor axis... Will make video to with graphs from ALE's software to show it in action... tomorrow now.

@Gilles
    It happened to me too but I just had forgot to close the v2.1 program, it was still running... lol
  8. vicpopo

vicpopo New Member

Balance:
    250Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos ,
    MAny thanks but the that was not this problem for me.
    I won to launch the soft from prilad but it works only when I launch the soft directly from the rar archive.When I extract the .exe in a folder (in C/programme files/folder/ Xsim controller or directly in the desktop ) it doesn't work.
    I'm probably make wrong for the soft setup but I don't know what.
    Thanks for your response . :sos:
    Gilles
  9. prilad

Balance:
    9,615Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi, Gilles.
    This is very strange to me. I have tested my software on WinXP and Win7 (both x32 and x64). It works without problem. What kind of OS you use? May be this is problem with user rights?
  10. prilad

Balance:
    9,615Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    By the way, graphic with checkbox Error displays to you difference between Set pos and sensors (with offset 128).
  11. vicpopo

vicpopo New Member

Balance:
    250Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Prilad,
    I use win XP x32.I will check the user rights !
    When you extract the soft + data.ini where did you put both ?
    Regards
    Gilles
  12. prilad

Balance:
    9,615Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    It does not matter. In any directory of your choice. There is no special requirements. Try to put it outside the system directories, such as program files, desktop, ets.
  13. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I connected the AS5145 Automotive Rotary Encoder IC, and I did a quick test for positioning of the motor using its PWM output signal thru a low pass filter to get analog out signal. The absolute angle measurement provides instant indication of the magnet's angular position with a resolution of 0.0879° = 4096 positions per revolution.It also has SPI (serial interface) as well Quadrature A/B (10 or 12 bit) and Index output signal, that will test and present in future video.

http://www.ams.com/eng/Products/Magnetic-Encoders/Rotary-Encoders/AS5145H

Thanos
  14. CraCk

CraCk Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    691Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    AS5145 Automotive Rotary Encoder IC how best to incremental encoders??? :?
  15. prilad

Balance:
    9,615Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    But I see only 180 degree rotation. Why?
    Low pass filter make phase shifting (time delay) between setting and real positions. It's not good idea in my opinion...
  16. vicpopo

vicpopo New Member

Balance:
    250Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Prilad ,
    I tried with an another PC with XP and I 've got the same problem.I tried with your soft in the AMC1.6 and the Thanos soft in the AMC 1.6 and I can't acces to the COM port when I launch the soft from PC.It works from the rar archive.
    After I've got some other problems running your soft 'xsim contoller'.I don't know yet why (baud rate ? , PC ? , welds on the AMC to rework ? ,etc..).
    I've got sometimes communication between soft and AMC1.6 but often all shut down , no more information in the LCD board and the board restart , sometimes it doesn't restart (LCD blank) and I mist reset the board.
    In the next days I will rework unproperly welds and connect a wishermotor to completely test the loop.I will keep in touch with you and with Thanos testing your softs (AMC 1.6 and Xsim contoler).
    Regards
    I make a copy from this post for supporting Xsim.de and your post inside.
    Gilles
  17. CraCk

CraCk Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    691Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    1.Program to extract from the archive.
    2.Configure the port in Device Manager, as well as program.
    http://s017.radikal.ru/i437/1207/98/a56cce066428.jpg
  18. vicpopo

vicpopo New Member

Balance:
    250Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Prilad ,
    OK I will try .I confirm I don't have the baud rate in device manager to this level. Tomorrow I rework the bad welds and I make a new try and post the result.
    Thanks for your response
    Gilles
  19. prilad

Balance:
    9,615Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Gilles,

Unfortunately I have not written in detail about the configuration of the port. I'll try to make it right now. 8)

If at the start of the program you has received an error opening port message, go to the menu Settings to set the port number to which you attached the AMC. And set up next parameters: Baud Rate = 115200, Bits = 8, Stop Bits = 1, Parity = no.

And remember that you can use only firmware for your quartz frequency. What version of AMC are you use? For AMC1.6 I have compiled only for 22MHz.

Regards,
    Ale.
  20. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With the added deadzone (0-45 and 210-254) for the analog feedback, it rotates less that 360, but still more than the 180 max degrees of the SS490. With proper software adjustments it could be used for a full 360 degrees rotation platform for flight simulator!!!!

The delay of the RC filter is very small but its necessary evil for now. A better way is to use its quadrature encoder outputs or even better its SPI communication ports (they can share data lines with a second sensor as well).