1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

RealFeel and 6DOF math plugin

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by FAG, Oct 12, 2009.

1. FAG

FAG New Member

Perm/Russia
    Balance:
    413Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very positive news :), and on how many has grown speed of calculations in comparison with old ideology of calculations (in math rounds)?
  2. ebinary

ebinary New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am tied up for a month or two (motion sim disassembled), but I look forward to integrating this into the Ride-u-lator 6DOF eventually.
  3. MSK

MSK Member

Balance:
    53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I ran into a paradox. Can anyone clear this issue for me ?

Using the Spider Plugin I can do my own math. I can chose from extracted game values and convert these values using my own formula. I do understand that part. However, the problem is that for my stewart platform I need all 6 actuators to work in harmony. For example:

Given : Forces and Angles
    Use: Formula
    Suggest: The position of the 6 actuators.

BUT.... the big problem is that when I chose the spider plugin in MATH SETUP, it will give me a value for one axis. That I have to send to my arduino through OUTPUT setup. Arduino will receive only one value... how will one value be able to control 6 actuators ??? That does not sound rational.

Can anyone help me out with it ?

Regards
    MSK
  4. MSK

MSK Member

Balance:
    53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I am struggling with it. Thank you for taking the time to help.

I am using USO. I have Arduino which I am using to control the valves of the 6 hydraulic actuators. This is how the system works or should work:

Hydraulic Actuators connected to the valves which open fully when they receive 10Volts, and close when the voltage is 0. So, when arduino sends signal for 10volts, the actuator extends fully. In my case, the Arduino sends 6 separate signals to the 6 actuators (valve gets the signal). Depending on the signal, the hydraulics extend or retract which moves the platform. The arduino waits for X-Sim to send data to it by the following format:

BIN output format is - “AB” byte1 byte2 byte3 byte4 byte5 byte6 byte7 0x0D (CR)

AB - start of data identifier for the receiving micro controller
    byte1 - reserved
    byte2 - 8 bit binary number giving act1 demand in 0-255 scale
    byte3 - 8 bit binary number giving act2 demand in 0-255 scale
    byte4 - 8 bit binary number giving act3 demand in 0-255 scale
    byte5 - 8 bit binary number giving act4 demand in 0-255 scale
    byte6 - 8 bit binary number giving act5 demand in 0-255 scale
    byte7 - 8 bit binary number giving act6 demand in 0-255 scale
    0x0D - single byte Carriage Return data terminator

So, I chose the USO option and transfering data from X-sim to Arduino for individual axis. What I am typing in data packet axis information is :
    AB~0~a01~a02~a03~a04~a05~a06~0x0D (is it correct ? I am a bit skeptical about the reserved byte 1 where I put 0 )

My interface is not recognized by X-sim as a known one. But, X-sim does send the data bytes to my Arduino. The only problem is that for my platform to work, I need X-Sim to send 8-bit binary values (0-255) to my arduino in the format I stated above. The challenge here is to make the SPIDER Plugin output values for each axis which will correspond to actuator movement. And that value will be be converted to appropriate voltage by my Arduino, which will make the platform a stewart platform hopefully.

Is it possible ?

Regards
    MSK