1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Ready 4 DOF sim SOFTWARE HELP

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by marcofa, Feb 2, 2008.

1. marcofa

marcofa New Member

Retired engineer
    Balance:
    596Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXJB2D_bcXg

First of all please visit http://www.flightemotion.com/prod01.htm to know what we are speaking.
    The project is finished and ready for the market, BUT software partner failed because of health problems!!
    We have ready only software to move motors manually, and some parts of washout block written in Delphi.
    PC is connected to the Simulator trought Parallel Port and proprietary pcb to split signals to 4 Panasonic drivers and brushless motors.
    Because I am mechanical engineer I need help for software. I would like to try to use for this project X Sim software.
    Somebody is available for help?
    THANKS
    Marco
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi Marco,

great construction, that you have build. Its a pity that it is a commercial project. Although the X-Sim Software is free for commercial use, the forum is just for non-commericial projects. That's why I moved your post into the off-topic section.

regards
    Christian
  3. marcofa

marcofa New Member

Retired engineer
    Balance:
    596Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank Christian,
    I would be to go to comercial project, but started as homebuild sim (only website seems to be commercial!!!)
    I need to perform final task to drive the steel and then.......NOW I NEED HELP
    Marco
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi Marco,

you can be sure that nobody here in the forum has the money to buy such a simulator like you built, nor has the possibilitys to manufacture something like that in series. So you dont have to fear that you loose customers,if you would give us some info.

Here is the deal:

As this forum is for DIYers, members have to post their projects with replication hints. If you give us some detailed info on how your sim concept works, I think we would be disposed to help you making your sim working with X-Sim.

regards
    Chrsitian
  5. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Marco,

I've seen your website about a month or so, and I must admit that its one of the worst designed ones I've seen... :raucher:

Besides that, Christian is right. You should share with us some info on the motors, the motor controllers and the other electronic interface systems to be able to help you connect it and use it with x-sim software...

Note that we are all DIY'rs here. And we just seek for really cheap motion solutions that we can make for ourself at home.

Regards, Thanos
  6. marcofa

marcofa New Member

Retired engineer
    Balance:
    596Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian,
    to drive my simulator I use 4 Panasonic brushless motors 3 of 400w and 1 of 750w. Driver Minas E are controlled as a stepper motor.
    To be faster in data transfer we decided to use parallel port that support just 4 motors.
    We developped a special pcb to split signals to 4 drivers with integrated microswitch for middlepoint , max and min for each axis.
    Regarding data from Flight Simulator FSUIPC is installed to read.
    A washout module that generate algorithms to drive the simulator
    A output module to send signals to the motors (with this module we can now drive manually all the motors)
    I have all the documents, source code (Delphi), pcb card wiring , LPT Port software.
    How can I send to you all software ( 30 MB ) ?
    I can supply all existing software , pcb special card, Panasonic driver and motor.
    Regards
    Marco
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    You could upload it to rapidshare, and post the link here.

regards
    Christian
  8. marcofa

marcofa New Member

Retired engineer
    Balance:
    596Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please note that there is mixing between pitch and heave : if heave dont move then pitch is real movement, but when heave move then pitch need to be modified according the following mechanical sketch

Please advise me when downloaded
    Marco
  9. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Marco,

What programming language is this? Visual Pascal??

Anyway, are you driving the motors with speed control? Proportionally? Cause it seems me little difficult to be proportional, from the info you gave...

How do you implement position feedback?

Regards, Thanos
  10. marcofa

marcofa New Member

Retired engineer
    Balance:
    596Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The language is Delphi.
    Position feedback is managed as stepper. Middle point switch reset to zero when engaged.
    I think speed control , I dont know proport..
    Sorry but I have source code but my programmer disappear. I dont know what in mind to do. I am not programmer!!!

I have installed TVicPort31 and when I start ActuatorDriver.exe, I can move manually all the motors.
    Marco
  11. marcofa

marcofa New Member

Retired engineer
    Balance:
    596Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MOTORS ARE CONTROLLED BY POSITION as stepper.
    Marco
  12. Planmix

Planmix New Member

Home Automation - Satellites - Sequirity Systems
    Balance:
    389Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Marco,

Congratulations for your great work!
    At the first time I show your video I thought that I could easy adapt parts of my code to your platform,
    but it's not so easy.
    The difficult part ( if you want to do serious software) to make the g-force felling to be realistic with the machine.
    The difficult movements are the heave, the roll and the pitch. The yaw is ok.
    With this design and if you use the roll output data only to roll axis you will take realistic plane bank only.
    It's impossible to feel the right g-force with the orbit that the pilot's head does. So you have to mix the roll channel with yaw in your case (low pass filter) so to
    confuse the your muscles feeling.
    The same you can do for the other channels by mixing the heave with pitch and pitch with heave and let your muscles feeling and your eyes do the rest.
    So, maybe your programmer came in front of that problem and run away :)
    Just kidding.
  13. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    As far as I remember marcofa just handed out only those chips of information, which he thought that are really neccessary in order to help him with his project. He posted some software parts, which his programmer left back, and asked us to figure it out to make them working, but hided all details about his simulator design which could help us DIYers. I'd call this leeching.

Sure, I can understand that he isnt disposed to hand out much details about it, if he wants to sell his solution. But why should we help him then? What's the benefit for us? The X-Sim forum is a DIY community of private persons who help each other by sharing experinces and knowledge. It's right that the X-Sim software is free for commercial use, but why should one of us support someone elses earnings, if nothing comes back in return?
    So if he continues to keep all design relevant issues secret, then I wont have any motivation to look into his subjects.
    I know that it is difficult if someone has commercial intents. But it's always a give-and-take.

Regards
    Christian
  14. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    ...accidentially for sure *g*
  15. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Egoexpress is right! Some people don't care about sharing knowledge but only for leeching information to add to their constructions...

Anyway, I've see that there is a new video on their page: http://www.flightemotion.com/CLIP0001.AVI.SWF

Although I see it moving, I still believe that it needs more work on it! In Heave for example the motion is not synchronized with Pitch action resulting in awkward motion cues!! :sarcastichand:

Regards, Thanos
  16. marcofa

marcofa New Member

Retired engineer
    Balance:
    596Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dear simmers,
    as you see in flightemotion.com simulator move. My programmer reappear and is finishing the job.
    So I think I dont need anymore software help.
    I thank you all ,favourables and contaryes to help me.
    If someboby will need my simulator I will remember your help.
    Marco :yippiee: :clap:
  17. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Remember this? He seems to visit most of the flight shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjF9dhN4dLU

The problems that this sim had, are still present: jerky pitch, and absence of dynamic heave like turbulence and touchdown. Pity. :eek:

I can't understand why they call it 6DOF anyway!!! It looks like 3DOF to me! :lol:

Thanos
  18. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Ugly beast :tape: :blush: